DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't get the COVID protocol. If he was out the 1st time, did he have COVID or not?

If he did, how is he testing positive? If he didn't, then why did he have to sit out for so many games?

Because symptoms may not appear for up to 14 days after exposure.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
ocho wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
It's unfortunate how misinformation is so prevalent.

I know people who aren’t getting vaccinated and they can’t even articulate why. That’s how misinformation works. Eventually you can drum up enough doubt in something that people feel nervous about it for no good reason.

Anyway, if you’re out there and reading this and haven’t gotten vaccinated please go get vaccinated. Refusing to do so is extremely selfish and dumb.

It actually surprises me that a guy like LeBron who prides himself on not being ignorant actually decided to not get vaccinated. That is concerning because of his large platform and the amount of people that look up to him.

Do we have confirmation that he didn’t get it? If that’s true I agree, surprising and very disappointing.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Maybe you are right, maybe I am right.

No. You’re wrong. So are your “non mainstream sources”. And normally this would be fine because you’d just be wrong and it wouldn’t matter much but now you’re spreading disinformation that can hurt people and by refusing yourself to get it you’re helping to keep it alive. People are free to make personal choices except when it puts others in danger. That’s why you’re being selfish and reckless in addition to just being wrong.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Baron is right, the issue of vaccinated vs non-vaccinated should be in the Off-Topic thread.

Readers, would you be surprised to learn a political screed followed this sentence?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
Baron is right, the issue of vaccinated vs non-vaccinated should be in the Off-Topic thread.

Readers, would you be surprised to learn a political screed followed this sentence?

ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
i am just worried he actually tested positive, see how it whacked Gasol. DS is obviously younger, so i hope he recovers quick. 10-14 days sounds like a positive test for sure. it is such a shame that California is actually doing great on Covid.

The 10-14 days suggest he might have tested positive. Last time he missed 7-10 it seemed. The 14 days seems extreme... either way he must have been in extremely close contact with a positive person.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

The team really REALLY hurts without Schroeder, even when AD and LeBron are playing.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The team really REALLY hurts without Schroeder, even when AD and LeBron are playing.

He's needed for D just as much as playmaking. Letting perimeter players drop 40 on us is no way to win a game.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Second time this season, and it seems like a decent possibility he loses the rest of the regular season because of it. Unacceptable.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject:

If Dennis isn't vaccinated and tested positive charge him financially for every game missed. Might change his mind about vaccination.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:07 am    Post subject:

One thing I definitely saw, I wish we can use Dennis off the bench in some games when he returns. While Caruso is not starting level talent, he is also not floor leader of the 2nd unit, either. At least on the 1st unit, Caruso can defend and bring off ball cutting at an elite level (and a decent 3 pointer). Play off Bron-AD-AD2.

On the 2nd unit, we could bring in Marc Gasol as anchor and point C, and Dennis as main attacker off the dribble. With 3 three point shooters around them.

I really wish Frank gives this is a try. Dennis will not lose minutes, he will just get more freedom to be an attacking guard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
One thing I definitely saw, I wish we can use Dennis off the bench in some games when he returns. While Caruso is not starting level talent, he is also not floor leader of the 2nd unit, either. At least on the 1st unit, Caruso can defend and bring off ball cutting at an elite level (and a decent 3 pointer). Play off Bron-AD-AD2.

On the 2nd unit, we could bring in Marc Gasol as anchor and point C, and Dennis as main attacker off the dribble. With 3 three point shooters around them.

I really wish Frank gives this is a try. Dennis will not lose minutes, he will just get more freedom to be an attacking guard.

This is actually what i was picturing at the start of the season, minus the gasol as anchor of 2nd unit (we didnt have dre yet back then). Not campaigning for increase in caruso’s minutes, just getting schroeder his own unit he can lead and have the ball in his hands more instead of playing off ball with bron. I still picture ds playing starter-level minutes and closing games with bron and ad.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

I still do not think we should start AC. He's not built to play starter's minutes IMO. Plus, he's been injured a lot this year and I don't want to keep losing him to injuries.

But we need to do, and something we've been saying all year (until injuries derailed things), is to stagger Dennis/LBJ more.

I do think that chances are Dennis/AC will be in the closing lineups, most likely with KCP/LBJ/AD.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

Disagree about Caruso and Schroder usage.

Caruso is the defensive energy and minimum use G that plays well with James and Davis. Just enough of a ball handler and 3pt shooter to keep opposing defenses honest. Caruso’ energy is a perfect spark plug beside James.

Schroder wants and needs the ball in his hands. He does not get that with James. It’s a square peg in a round hole trying to play them together, especially in the playoffs. Let Schroder run the bench group. Likely still gets his mpg throughout a game. Just focused differently.

All likely moot anyway. This has not really been tested throughout the season. Not sure they make such a dramatic rotation change just for the playoffs.

They are who they are. Now we just anxiously wait to see how they find the right chemistry for hopefully another deep playoff run.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Disagree about Caruso and Schroder usage.

Caruso is the defensive energy and minimum use G that plays well with James and Davis. Just enough of a ball handler and 3pt shooter to keep opposing defenses honest. Caruso’ energy is a perfect spark plug beside James.

Schroder wants and needs the ball in his hands. He does not get that with James. It’s a square peg in a round hole trying to play them together, especially in the playoffs. Let Schroder run the bench group. Likely still gets his mpg throughout a game. Just focused differently.

All likely moot anyway. This has not really been tested throughout the season. Not sure they make such a dramatic rotation change just for the playoffs.

They are who they are. Now we just anxiously wait to see how they find the right chemistry for hopefully another deep playoff run.

What are we disagreeing about? I love our Dennis/AC tandem.

Dennis plays defense and is a much more versatile offensive weapon than AC. The problem starting AC is that he doesn't have multiple gears. He goes hard ALL THE TIME, which is why we love him. But I think that's why he goes off (even if he doesn't get counting stats) from the bench b/c he's bringing that energy.

The key IMO isn't starting AC. It's staggering Dennis more off of LBJ. He will for sure close with LBJ/AD. I think we will see that killer lineup of Dennis/AC/KCP/LBJ/AD that was one of the highest rated lineups prior to all our injuries closing playoff games out.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Maybe you are right, maybe I am right.

No. You’re wrong. So are your “non mainstream sources”. And normally this would be fine because you’d just be wrong and it wouldn’t matter much but now you’re spreading disinformation that can hurt people and by refusing yourself to get it you’re helping to keep it alive. People are free to make personal choices except when it puts others in danger. That’s why you’re being selfish and reckless in addition to just being wrong.

So I see my post was removed. Wow. Please remove my entire account, then.

No Ocho, I am not wrong IMO. I did my research on both sides and made my decision. Even the FDA itself stated it does not currently approve the Covid-19 "vaccines".....maybe by 2023. You can't get more mainstream than the FDA.

I'm sad that there are many clueless tunnel-vision people on this Website, especially the people running this Website. Sheep.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's Basketball comments over the years. But I cannot accept the underlying censorship of differing opinions on other matters like Covid-19 experimental non-FDA-approved "vaccines", and the thrashing of non-vaccinated people.

Again, please remove my account. Good luck.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

The US has launched a new website where you can find nearby vaccination sites in your area: vaccines.gov

Someone who follows DS on IG should forward the info to him.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

The US has launched a new website where you can find nearby vaccination sites in your area: vaccines.gov

That's a pretty cool story
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Again, please remove my account. Good luck.

Thanks! Now go do the right thing and get vaccinated.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Just get vaccinated. I work with 7 doctors who all say it’s totally safe and the smartest decision ever, yet some people are still afraid to get it.
Notice, not many people get polio or smallpox these days? Because of a vaccine, that’s why…..I know it’s a choice but a smart choice.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

DS is waiting till the Government gives $ incentives to take the shot. You know it needs to be fair for both sides. I wonder what his price is for getting a shot or 2 in the arm? $24 mil?

Alright hopefully this lightens the mood in here.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Just get vaccinated. I work with 7 doctors who all say it’s totally safe and the smartest decision ever, yet some people are still afraid to get it.
Notice, not many people get polio or smallpox these days? Because of a vaccine, that’s why…..I know it’s a choice but a smart choice.

It’s smart, safe, effective, helps protect you and your loved ones, and helps stop the spread of the disease that has killed 578,000 people.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

It’s smart, safe, effective, helps protect you and your loved ones, and helps stop the spread of the disease that has killed 578,000 people.

President Trump, Biden, Obama, bush, Clinton, carter all got it
Dr Fauci got it,

100-200 mil people in the world got it.
UK and IsreaL already showed the vaccines are safe and highly effective
FDA granted emergency use, and will grant formal approval soon(due to the length process)
If something is wrong, 100-200 mil people are there with me including tons of people on this site.
I keep hearing people saying “patriotic”, well this is very patriotic as it protects the vulnerable
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ocho wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

President Trump, Biden, Obama, bush, Clinton, carter all got it
Dr Fauci got it,

100-200 mil people in the world got it.
UK and IsreaL already showed the vaccines are safe and highly effective
FDA granted emergency use, and will grant formal approval soon(due to the length process)
If something is wrong, 100-200 mil people are there with me including tons of people on this site.
I keep hearing people saying “patriotic”, well this is very patriotic as it protects the vulnerable

Train going off the tracks in this thread

[Yes, I went ahead and gambled that some secret nano-tech was in the vaccine, got it anyway, and now I can be possibly controlled by the yapitinaptus from planet lkhjghrr, or detonated afar by the evil dr mojowannabe]

Going back to Dennis...ok, fine, he can has freedom of choice, but it really bothers me it impacts the team like this. I'll leave it at that. Cuz, in the end, we need him playing.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I passed up the vaccine the first time it was offered. Lost two co-workers to Covid. Not saying everyone who gets it will die, but it’s real. Needless to say I’m vaccinated now...after I got the virus and was sick as heck, meanwhile my wife only lost taste. I look at peoples lungs every day for a living and this isn’t some cold.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 136 of 284
Jump to: