Kuzma Thinks Gasol Should Get More Minutes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Kuzma Thinks Gasol Should Get More Minutes

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31382214/lebron-james-battles-sore-ankle-frustrated-los-angeles-lakers-lose-again

Mentions that Gasol’s sulking is causing a lot of harm. Perhaps we would have been better off with AD2. Looks like Gasol’s attitude and perhaps Trez’s (speculation) is a huge problem

[Title edit per comments below - db]
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mentions that Gasol’s sulking is causing a lot of harm

He actually did not mention this at all.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mentions that Gasol’s sulking is causing a lot of harm

He actually did not mention this at all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

AD2 was a no brainer at the minimum.

What pisses me off is Vogel's rotation and insistence on playing that broken Trezz/Kieff duo that literally gives back leads.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

No bueno
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!

Misleading. Kuz didn't say this and either did Gasol.

Reading is fundamental.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

KYLE KUZMA quote: “I don’t know, man. It’s just very tough. It’s an unfortunate situation. Obvious we’ve got guys that are unhealthy. It’s tough, man; it’s just tough. I’m not sure what to do,” Kuzma said. “I wish we could get a little more time out there with Marc. That would be something that would be good for us, for sure, but it’s tough because we’ve got a lot of different situations and a lot of things going on around us.”

How would this make the likes of Andre Drummond, new to the team and trying his hardest to fit in, and Montrez Harrell, the guy essentially taking Gasol's playing time away, feel about their status on this Lakers team? Kuz is essentially throwing them both under the bus.

Dennis S. has already said that the team has chemistry problems on court. Gasol has publically complained about his playing time. AD has said the team isn't playing with a sense of desperation. Kyle Kuzma states he doesn't know what to do about things. This Lakers team is lost.

There are significant problems on this team, and it seems to stem (mostly) from the center position. And because of that, I will keep saying this...we had a Championship winning tandem of Dwight/McGee playing the Center spot last season. We had a floor general in R. Rondo that kept the team gelling. We let all 3 go when we really didn't have to.

Stop making excuses about injuries. Just a few days ago, AD said he was 100%. Lebron bragged about "a thunderstorm coming". Blaming things on Laker injuries is BS. The issue is that Rob Pelinka destroyed the chemistry and structure of this defending NBA champion team and Jeannie Buss let it happen. And because of that, Vogel has been exposed and the team is fighting with each other.

If we fail to make it out of the WCF, Robert Todd Pelinka is 100% to blame.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
KYLE KUZMA quote: “I don’t know, man. It’s just very tough. It’s an unfortunate situation. Obvious we’ve got guys that are unhealthy. It’s tough, man; it’s just tough. I’m not sure what to do,” Kuzma said. “I wish we could get a little more time out there with Marc. That would be something that would be good for us, for sure, but it’s tough because we’ve got a lot of different situations and a lot of things going on around us.”

How would this make the likes of Andre Drummond, new to the team and trying his hardest to fit in, and Montrez Harrell, the guy essentially taking Gasol's playing time away, feel about their status on this Lakers team? Kuz is essentially throwing them both under the bus.

Dennis S. has already said that the team has chemistry problems on court. Gasol has publically complained about his playing time. AD has said the team isn't playing with a sense of desperation. Kyle Kuzma states he doesn't know what to do about things. This Lakers team is lost.

There are significant problems on this team, and it seems to stem (mostly) from the center position. And because of that, I will keep saying this...we had a Championship winning tandem of Dwight/McGee playing the Center spot last season. We had a floor general in R. Rondo that kept the team gelling. We let all 3 go when we really didn't have to.

Stop making excuses about injuries. Just a few days ago, AD said he was 100%. Lebron bragged about "a thunderstorm coming". Blaming things on Laker injuries is BS. The issue is that Rob Pelinka destroyed the chemistry and structure of this defending NBA champion team and Jeannie Buss let it happen. And because of that, Vogel has been exposed and the team is fighting with each other.

If we fail to make it out of the WCF, Robert Todd Pelinka is 100% to blame.

You're spot on....changing the center position was a big mistake. But the biggest reason bar none is how awful AD has been...a top 5 player to a mediocre big....He's slow, clumsy, unathletic and keeps shooting from the perimeter. Remember we were staying a float before he came back....He's been God awful and I don't think he'll regain his game this year.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

LOL ... LG
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kuzma confirms team chemistry is fractured bc of AD2 signing

BigBallerBrand wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31382214/lebron-james-battles-sore-ankle-frustrated-los-angeles-lakers-lose-again

Mentions that Gasol’s sulking is causing a lot of harm. Perhaps we would have been better off with AD2. Looks like Gasol’s attitude and perhaps Trez’s (speculation) is a huge problem

Kuzma didn't say Gasol is sulking.

The headline is your interpretation of what Kuzma said, but you shouldn't really put your words in his mouth.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Can someone give me a proper headline to edit this to? Seems to be some miscommunication going on judging by the comments. (In the middle of meetings right now, so can't dive in myself.)
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Must be slow news day on LG. Anyways, we'll just start kicking butts the next five games and everything will be goochie again.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:

Yes, similar to how a lot of people only listen to CNN and other mainstream sources. It would be nice to fix this too.

WHAAAAATTTT?!?!?!

quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

To the OP: Kuzma did not say anything close to that.

Stop trying to start something.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

Losing always brings out the finger pointing. It's obvious we don't have the team chemistry like last year. Mainly, because we are not winning. We pull off three in a row and all these guys will be hugging each other and doing their pregame 4 minute handshakes. Kuz just sees what we see, that Marc has had a positive effect on the game when he's been playing lately. The title here is misleading. Kuz just stating the obvious. And at this point, we need to stop with the politics. Who cares if you bench Trez and/or AD2 or anyone of the non core guys, even Kief. It's more likely than not that none of those guys resign with us anyway! So just do what we have to do to Win. Marc is actually the only one of those guys that is guaranteed next year! If he's playing better than sit AD2 and/or kief/trez and play him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Can someone give me a proper headline to edit this to? Seems to be some miscommunication going on judging by the comments. (In the middle of meetings right now, so can't dive in myself.)

The winds of fury bloweth
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Losing always brings out the finger pointing. It's obvious we don't have the team chemistry like last year. Mainly, because we are not winning. We pull off three in a row and all these guys will be hugging each other and doing their pregame 4 minute handshakes. Kuz just sees what we see, that Marc has had a positive effect on the game when he's been playing lately. The title here is misleading. Kuz just stating the obvious. And at this point, we need to stop with the politics. Who cares if you bench Trez and/or AD2 or anyone of the non core guys, even Kief. It's more likely than not that none of those guys resign with us anyway! So just do what we have to do to Win. Marc is actually the only one of those guys that is guaranteed next year! If he's playing better than sit AD2 and/or kief/trez and play him.

After how this year has gone, he may say "F these guys" and retire.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

“Kuzma Thinks Gasol Should Get Minutes”
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

“Kuzma Thinks Gasol Should Get Minutes”

Yup, just that simple.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I hate it when players make excuses anyway. These guys make millions of dollars to play a kids game, so suck it up and play. I've seen Kobe play with his arm in a sling. I've seen Isaiah Thomas play on one leg. Put on your big boy pants and let's go!!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

The chemistry is off because Rob made a bogus move in breaking up a championship squad and this is their 1st time getting to know one another on the court. Also, Vogel isn't that good of a coach and his rotations aren't good.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Headline:

Kuzma Thinks Gasol Should Get More Minutes

Summary of what Kuz said in one paragraph:

Kuzma acknowledge the Lakers team and staff are “not together as a whole,” they’re "unhealthy," and "not good enough." He suggested one step might be to give Gasol more minutes. That said, he added: “It's very tough. I'm not sure what to do."

---

Personally, I don't think this is even worth its own thread. Kuzma has become something of a quote machine for reporters, so they ask him a lot and quote a lot, but the OP seems to making a lot more of this than it was. Heck, the ESPN reporter didn't even emphasize Kuz's quotes in his story.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I hate it when players make excuses anyway. These guys make millions of dollars to play a kids game, so suck it up and play. I've seen Kobe play with his arm in a sling. I've seen Isaiah Thomas play on one leg. Put on your big boy pants and let's go!!!

This man gets it. I don’t want to hear any of the excuses either.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

Kuz was right
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kuz was right

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: