View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Jeannie Buss at the half posts on twitter a reference to I dont care:

https://twitter.com/jeaniebuss?lang=en

And now Worthy just went off about how they looked like Zombies out there.

Actually, a good call by Worthy. That's the Lakers during this losing streak...Zombies, especially on defense.

Just seems like the overall mood for Lebron, AD, Vogel, Jeannie, and Rob.

I know every team is going through these unusual times as well but I feel the early restart definitely was the main reason for our demise this season.

Big Game calling a spade a spade.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Drummond and Davis duo has been an epic fail, I could argue that McGee/AD front court was a lot more effective.

That’s because AD was great last season and he is far from it now

5-16 tonight.

What's becoming scarily predictable as someone who has watched this team basically for about 90%+ of their games?

I felt the L coming in the second quarter. In fact, I posted that if the Lakers gave up another 30 point quarter, they would lose (after the first) ...I believe the team is under .500 when giving 2 or more 30+ point quarters this year.

I know people hated Trezz and Trezz played better than ad tonight on BOTH SIDES, let that sink in

Disagree on D, I didnt think he did much at all. One nice block.

But I wont argue AD is nowhere near what he was...I'm not seeing fire or intensity from the guy like I did last year.

How many points did siakam score? AD pretty much murdered him last season in their matchups and he got torched today and sometimes AD didn’t even try(remember that 3? AD was just looking)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
MJST wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Let’s play “Who Would You Rather Have”!

One player 34/10/2 and is a +16

One player is 8/5/2 and is a -10

Can you guess which is which? Shouldn’t be too hard...

I wouldn't base it off one game.

The numbers, perhaps no.

But Lowry is high IQ and a baller. THT is a kid who may never develop into what he is (over)hyped to be.

Remember how Lowry looked at 19?

Heck.. remember how Lowry looked at 23?

Would have thought Lakers fans would have learned their lesson after watching the guys they gave up on after year 2 become all-stars.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Vogel just said we are not experimenting in anyway and we are trying to win games. This is of course the type of answer you would expect to hear but I swear I could go back a few games ago when he was saying that they were experimenting with lineups.

My disappointment in Vogel’s performance of late cannot be overstated.

Last edited by TDRock on Sun May 02, 2021 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Drummond and Davis duo has been an epic fail, I could argue that McGee/AD front court was a lot more effective.

5-16 tonight.

What's becoming scarily predictable as someone who has watched this team basically for about 90%+ of their games?

I felt the L coming in the second quarter. In fact, I posted that if the Lakers gave up another 30 point quarter, they would lose (after the first) ...I believe the team is under .500 when giving 2 or more 30+ point quarters this year.

I know people hated Trezz and Trezz played better than ad tonight on BOTH SIDES, let that sink in

But I wont argue AD is nowhere near what he was...I'm not seeing fire or intensity from the guy like I did last year.

How many points did siakam score? AD pretty much murdered him last season in their matchups and he got torched today and sometimes AD didn’t even try(remember that 3? AD was just looking)

AD actually wasnt guarding Siakam as much as we think. And you are suggesting Trez played better D.

The big issue to me was when Kieff/Trez came in the first quarter. Lakers were up 27-19 with 3:19 left.

Toronto scored 13 points to end the quarter. Alot of that on that soft, ineffective front court. Game went down hill after that.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Davis looks and is playing tentative.

And I think he’s playing tentative because he’s scared. Your a different player after you tear and Achilles tendon. Almost seems like he’s trying not to push it.

Not good.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Vogel just said we are not experimenting in anyway and we are trying to win games. This is of course the type of answer you would expect to hear but I swear I could go back a few games ago when he was saying that they were experimenting with lineups.

Kyle Goon asked that question and I have to wonder...were reporters expressly asked to not ask about Gasol?

He beat around the bush with the question. It was like:
"So, Vog, Umm..you said you'd "experiment"...so yea, hows that going?"

No specifics. No mentions about Gasol. No mentions about why we going with the Kieff/Trez thing so often no matter the on court play.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

5-16 tonight.

AD actually wasnt guarding Siakam as much as we think. And you are suggesting Trez played better D.

The big issue to me was when Kieff/Trez came in the first quarter. Lakers were up 27-19 with 3:19 left.

Toronto scored 13 points to end the quarter. Alot of that on that soft, ineffective front court. Game went down hill after that.

I never said Trezz played good defense, it was just better than AD. I can recall 6-7 possessions he isoed AD and scored easily
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

If he wasn’t experimenting then I’m really concerned. Trezz and Morris cannot be our second unit bigs. That’s idiotic. Also, he brought Mclemore in once Bron sat. How does that make any sense?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
MJST wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

The numbers, perhaps no.

But Lowry is high IQ and a baller. THT is a kid who may never develop into what he is (over)hyped to be.

Would have thought Lakers fans would have learned their lesson after watching the guys they gave up on after year 2 become all-stars.

Lowry played worse than DS since the trade deadline,
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

5-16 tonight.

I never said Trezz played good defense, it was just better than AD. I can recall 6-7 possessions he isoed AD and scored easily

Well..right, I think? I said you are suggesting Trez played better D (compared to AD), and I'm not agreeing with you. I think Trez was poor tonight.

[Edit: I'm not sure if AD was any better, but I do not think worse on D]
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:

If he wasn’t experimenting then I’m really concerned. Trezz and Morris cannot be our second unit bigs. That’s idiotic. Also, he brought Mclemore in once Bron sat. How does that make any sense?

Per LakersNation (and again I also heard him say this live in his post game interview)

Vogel: “We’re not trying to experiment in any way right now, we’re trying to win games."

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/1389082071797141505?s=21
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Per LakersNation (and again I also heard him say this live in his post game interview)

Vogel: “We’re not trying to experiment in any way right now, we’re trying to win games."

Well, I suppose he could indirectly mean: "Yea, if you asked me after we won tonight I'd say yes, but after we lost, no more experiments." He just didnt go there.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
MJST wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

The numbers, perhaps no.

Lowry played worse than DS since the trade deadline,

This too.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Oh boy.

I know that things are dire around here because I don’t have my boy DJ MBENGA in here telling me that I’m a terrible, depressing fan
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

If this is trying to win games, then we need to lower the expectations. If this is the best Vogel can do, then it's not going to miraculously change in the playoffs.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
If this is trying to win games, then we need to lower the expectations. If this is the best Vogel can do, then it's not going to miraculously change in the playoffs.

This team is like Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight Rises.

Lakers encounter rest of NBA / aka Bane:

"Peace has taken your strength. Victory has defeated you!"
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Lowry has had his best games of his entire career against the Lakers.
An 11 game winning streak against the Lakers that was snapped last month (4-06-21) where he was out due to injury.

In 41 minutes tonight he went for 37 points, 8-13 from 3PT, 11 Assists.

Would of loved to see Dennis go at him today but with how our body count from game to game goes, not a real shocker this matchup was taken away.

As for Lowry enough is enough. Either make a play for him as he enters free agency this offseason or go all out for CP3 if Dennis bolts.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Well, I suppose he could indirectly mean: "Yea, if you asked me after we won tonight I'd say yes, but after we lost, no more experiments." He just didnt go there.

That’s exactly what it is. Because it was just two nights ago he said he was experimenting. The same account got BOTH quotes. So...again...
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
An 11 game winning streak against the Lakers that was snapped last month (4-06-21) where he was out due to injury.

Would of loved to see Dennis go at him today but with how our body count from game to game goes, not a real shocker this matchup was taken away.

As for Lowry enough is enough. Either make a play for him as he enters free agency this offseason or go all out for CP3 if Dennis bolts.

In that case, I think I’d rather have CP3 due to his sheer command of the floor. Lowry will get you more points with a high IQ, but CP3 will be a true floor general and get the ball where it needs to be, when it needs to be there.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

In that case, I think I’d rather have CP3 due to his sheer command of the floor. Lowry will get you more points with a high IQ, but CP3 will be a true floor general and get the ball where it needs to be, when it needs to be there.

CP3 is point god. He will get in people's faces including AD and LBJ.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

If they are “trying to win games “ they certainly are not doing a good job of it!

It is beginning to sound like a broken record. No intensity or purpose.

Team is just going through the motions. Is anyone going to show some passion?

I’m beyond frustrated. Just numb at how little heart and passion my Lakers are showing.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Look at the bright side, it is also quite possible they go on a run in a few games when lebron and AD got better with their injuries. If the stars are playing like (bleep), there is no point of blaming the supporting cast.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I remember back at the very beginning of the season (check receipts if you must), I spoke out against lazy efforts eventually going from a day-to-day to becoming a habit and it maybe costing us one day.

Looks like those habits are, indeed, coming home to roost.

Last edited by BlueNGold on Sun May 02, 2021 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

The next four games will be a true test of a champion. If we won all four or go 3-1, I'd say all will be forgotten and forgiven. It's like a playoff preview before the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32
Jump to: