*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Sacramento Kings (04/30/21 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm# 63 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30817

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
governator wrote:
Can we get a Drummond 20-20 game please


I don’t need 20-20. I need him to not look lost on defense and get embarrassed by the likes of Powell to the tune of 20+ easy points right at the rim. Not all him, of course, but the AD/AD front court has looked truly awful so far and completely vulnerable to pick and rolls leading to either wide open threes or many more wide open dunks on a wide open rim. Hopefully Davis getting healthy and more mobile as he gets his legs under him fixes it, but it’s been ugly.


Guess I was asking for too much. Another game, another time Drummond gets embarrassed trying to guard the pick and roll and gets eaten alive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9357

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Not sure Drummond is going to be in much of the playoffs rotation to be honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6358

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Truly pathetic effort. They looked like they believe their own hype.

I would expect them to energized and pumped to finally be healthy. Then they go out and play about as uninspired a game as you can imagine to an undermanned team with nothing to play for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43519

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Lackadaisical defense, 21 turnovers and 7-23 from 3 (25%) is a recipe for disaster. The team has to regroup and move on quickly.
We only have 9 games left to make or break this season. It's a tough schedule ahead but every game is winnable now that the team is near full strength.

    GO LAKERS!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 19281

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

shut up Stu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 19281

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Not sure Drummond is going to be in much of the playoffs rotation to be honest.


especially in crunch time. He has hands of stone when he finishes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6358

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lackadaisical defense, 21 turnovers and 7-23 from 3 (25%) is a recipe for disaster. The team has to regroup and move on quickly.
We only have 9 games left to make or break this season. It's a tough schedule ahead but every game is winnable now that the team is near full strength.

    GO LAKERS!!


How is every game winnable? There is no switch the can flip. They have had poor effort, slow starts, turnovers and bad losses all year even when full strength.

Even healthy, they are not playing consistently hard and efficient.

Now they are a trying to cruise and figure out their rotations when everyone else is picking up the intensity and ramping up for the playoffs.

Hope they surprise me and find that magical switch. Because the sharks are circling as the Lakers tread water.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38549
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Chimezie Metu X-rays are good. He’s just got a sore back. That’s good.


I freeze framed that one in the middle of his flight down. He just dropped from the sky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 35134

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Not sure Drummond is going to be in much of the playoffs rotation to be honest.


especially in crunch time. He has hands of stone when he finishes


Super version of Kwame Brown?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3162

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

We went 3-5 in the bubble before playoffs started. That was with a healthy team. Just need to finish these last 9 strong. I have confidence they will. We had a 10 point lead and lost it due to our defence. It’s not a personnel issue - it’s a rep issue. That can be and will be improved each game from this point on.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10652

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
We went 3-5 in the bubble before playoffs started. That was with a healthy team. Just need to finish these last 9 strong. I have confidence they will. We had a 10 point lead and lost it due to our defence. It’s not a personnel issue - it’s a rep issue. That can be and will be improved each game from this point on.


Understood but last year's team went into league shut-down (due to COVID) looking fantastic. The fact after some months layoff they came back bubble rusty was not a huge issue. They also had the inside road (and ultimately won it) to the #1 seed.

This year? Even when 21-6 they were shaky. Since then they've gone 15-21. Defense has gone to hell for over a week. Offense looks ridiculous. They are fighting to avoid the play-in, have now in 2-3 straight games said these are must win, and mostly looked like crap.

Hoping you are right, but I see too many distinctions.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 1101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Kings deserved this one. They played with intensity from the start.

Best we looked all night was with Gasol, on both ends really. Vogel might need to give him Kieff minutes at this point and work him into the rotation more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1399

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:37 am    Post subject:

We won a championship last year. Much of that was attributed to a roster that knew who they were and were willing to do what was necessary, not aiming for a payday or to prove themselves. They were savvy vets with high IQ.

This year is the exact opposite. This “team” is not a team. They’re a collection of players, most of whom want to prove themselves for a big payday, not doing what it takes in order to win a championship or otherwise not capable of doing so.

LBJ won’t magically fix this “team.” This “team” is rotten to the core. I hope to be proven wrong, but it doesn’t seem like our year. We’re going to get schallacked by any of the top 3 in the West when we play them.

To anyone who may of forgotten, Sacramento played Utah on Wednesday and post by 49...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
We won a championship last year. Much of that was attributed to a roster that knew who they were and were willing to do what was necessary, not aiming for a payday or to prove themselves. They were savvy vets with high IQ.

This year is the exact opposite. This “team” is not a team. They’re a collection of players, most of whom want to prove themselves for a big payday, not doing what it takes in order to win a championship or otherwise not capable of doing so.

LBJ won’t magically fix this “team.” This “team” is rotten to the core. I hope to be proven wrong, but it doesn’t seem like our year. We’re going to get schallacked by any of the top 3 in the West when we play them.

To anyone who may of forgotten, Sacramento played Utah on Wednesday and post by 49...


It's just the rotation, fix the rotation and they will be good. It's not about chemistry anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6358

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Kings deserved this one. They played with intensity from the start.

Best we looked all night was with Gasol, on both ends really. Vogel might need to give him Kieff minutes at this point and work him into the rotation more.


Where was the Lakers "intensity"?

They just got back their leader and are entering the assumed "get ready for a playoff push moment". They got outplayed on more then rotations.

Why?

I agree the Kings deserved the win. When will we see the Lakers "deserve to win"? They had these types of disappointing games before the injuries and new players It's sadly a part of our 2020-21 Laker DNA. They either find a way to overcome it or they go home early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11238
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Very Disappointing game.. losing to a team at home, that has lost 4 in a row, was recently blown out, has a sucky coach, missing some of their best players and their very best player chokes for the game, multiple big leads blown..


Oh and welcome back Lebron...
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43519

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Lackadaisical defense, 21 turnovers and 7-23 from 3 (25%) is a recipe for disaster. The team has to regroup and move on quickly.
We only have 9 games left to make or break this season. It's a tough schedule ahead but every game is winnable now that the team is near full strength.

    GO LAKERS!!


How is every game winnable? There is no switch the can flip. They have had poor effort, slow starts, turnovers and bad losses all year even when full strength.

Even healthy, they are not playing consistently hard and efficient.

Now they are a trying to cruise and figure out their rotations when everyone else is picking up the intensity and ramping up for the playoffs.

Hope they surprise me and find that magical switch. Because the sharks are circling as the Lakers tread water.
Winnable, in that, the games are yet to be determined. I'm not expecting a miracle but I am expecting this team to play well enough to finish strong these last few games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43519

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Toronto Raptors
      Sunday, May 02, 2021 • 7:00 PM PT | Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 509

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Can't lose these games this late in the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
billyjoegunrak
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 518

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Lots of messy trousers up in here. Get a hold of yourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43519

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

billyjoegunrak wrote:
Lots of messy trousers up in here. Get a hold of yourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB