Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ronald Klain @WHCOS

If you need to find a place to get the COVID vaccine, just text your zipcode to 438829. You'll get locations near you where you can get vaccinated!
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know what the requirements to get into Disney Land are. I hope the reopening doesn't cause a spike. They're operating at 25% capacity. Its location, Anaheim, is a concern for me. OC is a Republican stronghold and Republicans have a propensity not to vaccinate.

If it’s like Walt Disney world has been here, which I assume it is, Disney is pretty strict on their protocols. Proper masks must be worn (no gaiters, masks with vents, mesh masks), and the cast members will enforce them being worn correctly. Lines are all distanced and the queues have dividers up if the lines weave back on each other. For awhile they were spacing rides out so only every other row was being filled, but believe after WDW at least they fill all rows now.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Second shot today.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't know what the requirements to get into Disney Land are. I hope the reopening doesn't cause a spike. They're operating at 25% capacity. Its location, Anaheim, is a concern for me. OC is a Republican stronghold and Republicans have a propensity not to vaccinate.

If it’s like Walt Disney world has been here, which I assume it is, Disney is pretty strict on their protocols. Proper masks must be worn (no gaiters, masks with vents, mesh masks), and the cast members will enforce them being worn correctly. Lines are all distanced and the queues have dividers up if the lines weave back on each other. For awhile they were spacing rides out so only every other row was being filled, but believe after WDW at least they fill all rows now.

100m+ fully vaccinated, soon to be 200m+ with at least partially vaccinated. This is as good as it’ll get. GOP would never get US to herd immunity via vaccine so US just have to fully open up (prob July 4th is a good symbolic date and enough time to get whoever wants it vaccinated) and take the continued pain until herd immune via actual infection
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

The virus will have a smaller pool of viable candidates to infect, mostly nutwing (GOP) anti-vaxxers. Although they won't be the only ones to suffer, they will soon learn what it's like to get infected without having been vaccinated: immunity the hard way . . . or death, instead.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

Congrats! I get mine tomorrow!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

Congrats! I get mine tomorrow!

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

100m+ fully vaccinated, soon to be 200m+ with at least partially vaccinated. This is as good as it’ll get. GOP would never get US to herd immunity via vaccine so US just have to fully open up (prob July 4th is a good symbolic date and enough time to get whoever wants it vaccinated) and take the continued pain until herd immune via actual infection

Fwiw, we’ve never achieved herd immunity to any disease via infection.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's absolutely right. Why do people think vaccines for smallpox, polio, measles, diphtheria etc were created, since people getting infected for centuries? None of those (except smallpox) is actually eradicated, people still get polio and measles, just in other countries mainly. We don't see it here because of mass vaccinations. And when people here stop vaccinating, we get outbreaks of things like measles. The only reason smallpox is eradicated is because health workers tracked down and vaccinated every single person, in places like India, Africa where it was still occuring. It took years to eradicate world-wide but was gone from the US much earlier due to vaccinations, not herd immunity. Smallpox had been around for centuries and herd immunity was never achieved prior to wide-spread vaccination.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

I don't believe herd immunity is the answer, I believe vaccinations are. Also one's immune system plays a very large part.

I haven't had so much as a headache in so long I don't remember when it was. I do remember the last time I got sick I was bedridden for 2 days at the Kaiser facility on Caddilac. I had a COPD episode. That was years ago.

GET VACCINATED

Also drink 2 fingers of Hennessy before bedtime nightly. jk

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Got my 2nd shot of Moderna Saturday morning.

Last edited by 32 on Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's absolutely right. Why do people think vaccines for smallpox, polio, measles, diphtheria etc were created, since people getting infected for centuries? None of those (except smallpox) is actually eradicated, people still get polio and measles, just in other countries mainly. We don't see it here because of mass vaccinations. And when people here stop vaccinating, we get outbreaks of things like measles. The only reason smallpox is eradicated is because health workers tracked down and vaccinated every single person, in places like India, Africa where it was still occuring. It took years to eradicate world-wide but was gone from the US much earlier due to vaccinations, not herd immunity. Smallpox had been around for centuries and herd immunity was never achieved prior to wide-spread vaccination.

Not what I meant. I think we’d peak with vaccinated at prob close to 60%. The rest, to get around 75%, gotta have to come from infection
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sgt Joker @TheSGTJoker

I wear a mask despite being fully vaccinated so no one confuses me for a dumbass Republican.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Dumbass Republicans: anti-maskers & anti-vaxxers.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.

If LC's right, that's your immune system kicking in, fighting an intrusion.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Sgt Joker @TheSGTJoker

I wear a mask despite being fully vaccinated so no one confuses me for a dumbass Republican.

Quote of the year. I love this. Nothing worse than being a dumbass Republican these days. If I was one, I would be switching parties. Not sure how they can support one another. So bad people in the GOP.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CeFaan Kim @CeFaanKim

Last night around 830pm a 34-year-old Asian woman was walking along 42nd St near 9th Ave when a woman approached her telling her to take her mask off. The suspect then struck her in the head with a hammer causing a laceration. Victim is stable, rushed to the hospital.

Hope the victim sues Fox News & Tucker Carlson for suggesting confronting people wearing masks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles County reported no deaths from COVID-19 Sunday, a stunning turnaround for California's most populous district which has suffered 23,915 fatalities since the pandemic began.

It is the first time in 410 days that the county has not reported at least one COVID fatality.

But health officials warned that the landmark figure may be due to an undercount because of delays in reporting COVID figures on weekends, The LA Times reports.

Health officials reported 313 new cases and 410 hospitalizations Sunday in the county, which comprises a large swathe of Los Angeles city's metropolitan area and has a population of more than 10 million people.

California now has the lowest COVID rate of any state in the country after suffering alternating waves of death and lockdown over the past 12 months.

LINK
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Sgt Joker @TheSGTJoker

Quote of the year. I love this. Nothing worse than being a dumbass Republican these days. If I was one, I would be switching parties. Not sure how they can support one another. So bad people in the GOP.

Nice. I seem to remember from some discussions years back that you’re a conservative (apologies if I got that wrong). Nice to see conservatives who don’t have to go along with the vermin just because it is their party.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ronald Klain @WHCOS

If you need to find a place to get the COVID vaccine, just text your zipcode to 438829. You'll get locations near you where you can get vaccinated!

At this point you can pretty much schedule with any pharmacy nearby to you and you can get a next day if not same day vaccination. Both my sister's pharmacy and my brother's have ample supply and not enough people signing up. Anecdotally among the people in medicine in my circle, that seems to be the case anywhere.

JJ is back on the menu at CVS too. I mean, one shot, 15 minutes. They really can't make it any easier. Pill form?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I got an emergency alert on my phone today from LA County offering anybody age 16+ a free vaccine with no appointment needed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I got an emergency alert on my phone today from LA County offering anybody age 16+ a free vaccine with no appointment needed.

I got that also. Great! IMO the way to beat this pandemic is to vaccinate.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

I got that also. Great! IMO the way to beat this pandemic is to vaccinate.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 241 of 318
Jump to: