Weakest bench rotation

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Weakest bench rotation

I think Lakers have the weakest bench rotations in the NBA, starting when Drummond go out up to the time he goes in again.

Seldom I see we beat opponents bench, usually that is the time that the opponent is going to catch them if Lakers are leading or pull away if opponents is leading.

It's frustrating, because on paper, clearly, the Lakers has one of the best bench lineup, too bad Vogel is not using it properly. They are using them out of position. Like Wes as PF, Markieff/Harrell as froncourt tandem and many more.

Small ball is use because team's want to play faster and want to have spacing. But I don't know what is Lakers small ball. Playing a small center who clogged the paint on offense and can't defend it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Vogels rotations are not that good. To be honest, I don't even feel he's that good of a coach and I wouldn't extend him. That's just how I feel though. As it stands now, without Lebron the Lakers are not that good, lottery team, and doesn't have good IQ on the floor; in the starting or on the bench, unless we play Gasol.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

You mean having Montrezell “6th Man of the Year” Harrell does not lead to having a good bench?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:07 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
You mean having Montrezell “6th Man of the Year” Harrell does not lead to having a good bench?

More like "6th Man of the Year" of the opponent, once he goes in, the opponent will have a positive net rating.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:10 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Vogels rotations are not that good. To be honest, I don't even feel he's that good of a coach and I wouldn't extend him. That's just how I feel though. As it stands now, without Lebron the Lakers are not that good, lottery team, and doesn't have good IQ on the floor; in the starting or on the bench, unless we play Gasol.

Bench has no playmaker, stagnant offense, just watching harrell to do his thing in offense. Meanwhile on defense, it's time to harrell to watch his teammates defend, he's just chilling in defense, layups galore, no paint resistance of whatsover, like an unknown center like Grifford is having a party in there. smh
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

You take Lebron out of any Lebron team and they usually struggle. Its not really fair. Build the team after Lebron then make that call.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Aside from LBJ, we have no legit playmaker. Dennis is being forced into that role. THT isn't ready. No one is organizing that 2nd unit (i.e. Ben Mac taking 16 shots as a bench player, often not even looking to pass).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject:

I mean it’s not that weak personnel wise. The players aren’t all pulling in the same direction.

You also have Vogel doing his best Luke impression with questionable rotations. I know he wants to see what works and doesn’t work, but it’s go time with Dallas and Portland right there.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Vogel is experimenting a lot right now, but I think it's time to shorten the rotation
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aside from LBJ, we have no legit playmaker. Dennis is being forced into that role. THT isn't ready. No one is organizing that 2nd unit (i.e. Ben Mac taking 16 shots as a bench player, often not even looking to pass).

Gasol is a good playmaker, and he did a good job with that bench, I think he is the lone total positive +/- in that crew, but got benched
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You take Lebron out of any Lebron team and they usually struggle. Its not really fair. Build the team after Lebron then make that call.

We're talking about bench player, Lebron aint no bench player, not unless he's gonna play 48 minutes so he can play with those bench combinations. lol
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Vogel is experimenting a lot right now, but I think it's time to shorten the rotation

If Vogel is truly experimenting with only a few games left in the season, then he is a very bad coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: