Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
For All Mankind of appletv+ just finished season 2 and it’s probably my favorite show right now. If you enjoy space, sci-fi, and/or alt-history you should check it out.

Between that and Ted Lasso Apple really has made a name for themselves with tv shows— Trying and The Morning Show were really good too.

Big fan of For All Mankind, Ted Lasso and The Morning Show. Did you watch "See" which was their first series they released after launch if I recall....it was really good. I can't wait for Season 2 to be released.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Finished Snowfall. Really liked it.

Do not understand why this show is not more popular....it gets better with each season. The final scene with the cane was great.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Do not understand why this show is not more popular....it gets better with each season. The final scene with the cane was great.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll finish it today.

EDIT: Watched the finale E10 today. Left a lot to the imagination. Looks like Melody Wright (Reign Edwards) will get some air time next season. Loved the ending, Saint hanging his cane on the back of a chair and walking out without a limp with Pusher Man playing in the background.

Quote:
“Snowfall,” the acclaimed drama set during the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles in the 1980s, has been renewed for a fifth season by FX, the network announced on Tuesday. ... “Its quality and audience growth is a remarkable achievement for a show in its fourth season.”Mar 23, 2021

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
For All Mankind of appletv+ just finished season 2 and it’s probably my favorite show right now. If you enjoy space, sci-fi, and/or alt-history you should check it out.

Between that and Ted Lasso Apple really has made a name for themselves with tv shows— Trying and The Morning Show were really good too.

Big fan of For All Mankind, Ted Lasso and The Morning Show. Did you watch "See" which was their first series they released after launch if I recall....it was really good. I can't wait for Season 2 to be released.

I haven’t. It’s been in my queue but I forgot about it until now. I will report back once I catch up on it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I haven’t. It’s been in my queue but I forgot about it until now. I will report back once I catch up on it.

I queued all 8 episodes. I'll the series a peek.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Mythic Quest was funny IMHO. apple+
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Watched the series. The methods the queen uses to pray are surprising. They're also titillating....and a little.... I'll be back for the second season.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I thought Titans was ok
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

EDIT: Watched the finale E10 today. Left a lot to the imagination. Looks like Melody Wright (Reign Edwards) will get some air time next season. Loved the ending, Saint hanging his cane on the back of a chair and walking out without a limp with Pusher Man playing in the background.

Quote:
“Snowfall,” the acclaimed drama set during the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles in the 1980s, has been renewed for a fifth season by FX, the network announced on Tuesday. ... “Its quality and audience growth is a remarkable achievement for a show in its fourth season.”Mar 23, 2021

Glad it'll be back for another season. Still alot more juice to squeeze in terms of the story. Solid season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

Watched first episode of mosquito coast on a+. Seems interesting. First episodes are always toughest to judge . They crammed a lot in there.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

Glad it'll be back for another season. Still alot more juice to squeeze in terms of the story. Solid season.

Tons more....Franklin's entire core group and operation is off the rails as the season concludes. Uncle Jerome and Aunt Louie appear to be going their own way....Leon is not happy....his mother is in Cuba, but I assume she will now return....and Gustavo is his connection now until Teddy McDonald returns. I am not sure how much longer it will go because I assume Damson Idris is getting a lot of opportunities based on his Snowfall performance that he will eventually want to take.

btw....wished they would have just left his father alone once he left the country.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kinda enjoy shadow and bone, easy watch (no need to think lol)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Watched first episode of mosquito coast on a+. Seems interesting. First episodes are always toughest to judge . They crammed a lot in there.

Was not aware of it. I recall the Harrison Ford movie. Definitely will check it out. Thanks.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Mare of Easttown and Godfather of Harlem have been good so far.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Mare of Easttown has been great.

I’m almost done with Patriot on Prime (had to check out more Michael Dorman after For All Mankind). I really like it.

See on appletv is up next
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mare of Easttown and Godfather of Harlem have been good so far.

Watched E3 Godfather of Harlem. It was dope.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

Serpent on Netflix. Good easy watch. Finished it in a couple of days. Couldn’t stop watching. 7.5/10 I feel like this is the rating I give a lot of shows that aren’t “great” shows but they’re easy and interesting enough to keep watching.

Also finally watched Succession s2 a couple of months ago and that was truly incredible. 10/10.

Finished Yellowstone - a very good show..8.5/10.

Started and finished Billions finally..very entertaining and an easy watch as well I thought. 8.5/10.

Currently watching Mr. Robot..it’s a bit dark and slow for me but I’m chugging along...currently on s2. And as my guilty throw on pleasure I have started Desperate Housewives
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Don’t give up on Mr Robot while it’s slow. It pays off. I really think that once you get over that hump in season 2 it really levels up.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Don’t give up on Mr Robot while it’s slow. It pays off. I really think that once you get over that hump in season 2 it really levels up.

Yup that’s exactly why I’m watching it. Plenty of you vouched for it over here I am going to continue. Even though it’s a bit slow and weirdly dark for me I find myself wanting to keep watching. That’s enough for me right now.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

Mythic Quest is back for season 2. Unlike the first season they are releasing episodes gradually, but the first 2 episodes are out now.

It fills the hole Silicon Valley left for me. There is a standalone episode in season 1 which I LOVED. Think it was episode 5. Even if the show isn't your cup of tea. That standalone episode was primo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

Tons more....Franklin's entire core group and operation is off the rails as the season concludes. Uncle Jerome and Aunt Louie appear to be going their own way....Leon is not happy....his mother is in Cuba, but I assume she will now return....and Gustavo is his connection now until Teddy McDonald returns. I am not sure how much longer it will go because I assume Damson Idris is getting a lot of opportunities based on his Snowfall performance that he will eventually want to take.

btw....wished they would have just left his father alone once he left the country.

That may be a reason for Franklin and Teddy McDonald to go after one another.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mythic Quest is back for season 2. Unlike the first season they are releasing episodes gradually, but the first 2 episodes are out now.

It fills the hole Silicon Valley left for me. There is a standalone episode in season 1 which I LOVED. Think it was episode 5. Even if the show isn't your cup of tea. That standalone episode was primo.

I like it. The cast is awesome.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

That may be a reason for Franklin and Teddy McDonald to go after one another.

I like Franklin, but I would not want to have Teddy as an enemy...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

City on a Hill has not been as good this season....but it might be finishing strong. Jackie Rohr is the worst....but he makes the show.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Just finished the new season of For All Mankind. It's a lock for my top 10 list in 2021. Could be top 5.

Taking the time to put the characters first is the key to the show's success. You rarely see that in show with this much plot.

Excited for season 3 and beyond.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 55 of 110
Jump to: