Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Good news from John’s Hopkins:

the preponderance of evidence is that vaccinated people don’t transmit
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

very good news, 40% US adults has gotten at least a dose. Biden will be right, july 4th will be different compared to last year
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It's been about 90 minutes since my 2nd dose of Moderna. So far, so good. We'll see what the rest of the day and night bring.

You and my wife about the same time on second dose. She's on Pfizer, though. Next Friday is my second.

An employee of mine (and her daughter) just got diagnosed with Covid Tuesday (they are in OR). She was scheduled for vaccination today. Sucks to go so far through this and come that close. Mild symptoms so far, but we'll see what the weekend brings.

I've heard anecdotal evidence that hydrating before and after helps minimize the 2nd shot side effects. They suggest drinking 8-10 glasses of water day before and day after. It can't hurt.

I hydrated a ton before my second shot and I've been hydrating a ton after. It's been 36 hours after and all good so far. It was easier than the first.

Good to hear.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It's been about 90 minutes since my 2nd dose of Moderna. So far, so good. We'll see what the rest of the day and night bring.

You and my wife about the same time on second dose. She's on Pfizer, though. Next Friday is my second.

An employee of mine (and her daughter) just got diagnosed with Covid Tuesday (they are in OR). She was scheduled for vaccination today. Sucks to go so far through this and come that close. Mild symptoms so far, but we'll see what the weekend brings.

I've heard anecdotal evidence that hydrating before and after helps minimize the 2nd shot side effects. They suggest drinking 8-10 glasses of water day before and day after. It can't hurt.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Taking my daughter to Disneyland in the middle of next month to celebrate us all being vaccinated.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Taking my daughter to Disneyland in the middle of next month to celebrate us all being vaccinated.

Aren’t you worried about breakthrough cases? (People getting covid even after full vaccination.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I had some effects at midnight last night, as I tried to go to bed. I felt body aches pretty much all over, and that warm/chilly feeling that people have described. This was about 10 hours after my shot. It wasn't too painful, but it just sucked because I wanted to sleep and couldn't. I was just laying in bed hoping to fall asleep and it wouldn't happen. These effects at their worst lasted for about 4-5 hours. Finally at around 5AM I decided to take a couple Tylenol and drink another glass of water, and I just stayed up. Within 30 minutes I felt better. I was able to fall asleep at about 8AM, and woke up again at about 12:30PM today. I still feel some slight body aches but the warm/chill stuff is gone and it's pretty mild now. Seems like the 10-15 hour mark after my shot was the worst of it.

All in all, not too bad.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I drove through calabasas this morning and the streets were packed. Crazy sight.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I drove through calabasas this morning and the streets were packed. Crazy sight.

I saw a werewolf getting a pina colada to go from trader Vic’s, and his mask was perfect.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject:

In case you were planning to "bathe" in the Ganges with a million other people at the same time, please reconsider

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/super-spreader-erupts-devout-hindus-throng-indian-festival-2021-04-14/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I saw a werewolf getting a pina colada to go from trader Vic’s, and his mask was perfect.

Ha. That place. To be underaged again.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
More than five million people, or nearly 8 percent of those who got a first shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, have missed their second doses, according to the most recent data from the CDC.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1386320478516793345
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
In case you were planning to "bathe" in the Ganges with a million other people at the same time, please reconsider

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/super-spreader-erupts-devout-hindus-throng-indian-festival-2021-04-14/

Well, their sins will be washed away since most of them will be dead.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
More than five million people, or nearly 8 percent of those who got a first shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, have missed their second doses, according to the most recent data from the CDC.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1386320478516793345

hope the europeans are right that 1 dose of moderna/pfizer/aztraseneca gives you 90% coverage (both transmission/hospitalization)
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

very good news, 40% US adults has gotten at least a dose. Biden will be right, july 4th will be different compared to last year

Very good to hear, I've felt this has been a gap in the post- vaccination process, when deciding to forgo a mask. I'll be glad to know I can be vaccinated and will not have to worry about being a carrier.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot on Saturday around 11:45 AM. Around 11 - 11:30 PM, I got some of the worst chills I've ever experienced in my life -- I'm talking full body uncontrollably shivering. One of the weirdest things I've ever experienced.

Managed to fall asleep around 12:15, but woke up probably 7 or 8 times during the night. Ended up waking up for good around 7:30 or 8 AM on Sunday, and my body just felt very heavy and just generally sore (luckily the chills were mostly gone, or at least were much more mild). By around noon I was feeling much better, probably around 80 - 85% of normal. Stayed around there for the rest of the day Sunday. Woke up this morning at 100%.

From who I've talked to, it seems like the 2nd shot is hitting younger people worse than it is older people. I'm 26, and most of my friends my age who have had it also had bad symptoms from the 2nd shot. But my mom who's 64 was completely fine, as were most of my parent's friends around that age. Not sure if it has something to do with stronger immune response from younger people with stronger immune systems or what, but just found that weird.

Anyways, that was my experience in case anyone who's gearing up for their 2nd shot is interested

Pretty similar experience with my second Pfizer dose. I only had fatigue after the first.

Ugh, that doesn’t sound like fun. I had very minor chills and a mild sore arm after the first, which was no big deal but more than I expected.

Still beats getting Covid though and it’s not even close.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Got my second Pfizer vaccination with documented proof. Now I can claim I have a V-card.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Got my second Pfizer vaccination with documented proof. Now I can claim I have a V-card.

Now you have two of them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Sheer lunacy. At least parent now know the people that run the school are nut jobs:

A private school in Miami banned teachers vaccinated against COVID-19 from contact with students, citing false claims

A private school in the fashionable Design District of Miami sent its faculty and staff a letter last week about getting vaccinated against COVID-19. But unlike institutions that have encouraged and even facilitated vaccination for teachers, the school, Centner Academy, did the opposite: One of its co-founders, Leila Centner, informed employees “with a very heavy heart” that if they chose to get a shot, they would have to stay away from students.

In an example of how misinformation threatens the nation’s effort to vaccinate enough Americans to get the coronavirus under control, Leila Centner, who has frequently shared anti-vaccine posts on Facebook, claimed in the letter that “reports have surfaced recently of non-vaccinated people being negatively impacted by interacting with people who have been vaccinated.”

“Even among our own population, we have at least three women with menstrual cycles impacted after having spent time with a vaccinated person,” she wrote, repeating a false claim that vaccinated people can somehow pass the vaccine to others and thereby affect their reproductive systems. (They can do neither.)

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

This is still not over....its devastating countries like Brazil and India and I have no doubt it will spawn new variants there as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I got the Pfizer 2 shot vaccination. CDC said Americans fully vaccinated against the coronavirus no longer need to cover their faces OUTDOORS unless they're in a big crowd of strangers. I wear my mask when I leave home and have to make contact with the public. Crowd size plays no role. I also wear it when talking to friends who haven't been vaccinated. I'm gonna wear it until we get the "all clear." I'll most likely wear one for a while even after that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I got the Pfizer 2 shot vaccination. CDC said Americans fully vaccinated against the coronavirus no longer need to cover their faces unless they're in a big crowd of strangers. I wear my mask when I leave home and have to make contact with the public. Crowd size plays no role. I'm gonna wear it until we get the "all clear." I'll most likely wear one for a while even after that.

The bolded leaves out the very important part - OUTDOORS
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Was it common for people wear masks outdoors when not in groups or in close proximity to others? I definitely haven’t been wearing a mask when walking or exercising outside. I carry one with me and if other people get near I mask up, but my family and I haven’t been wearing them outdoors when just going on walks by ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I got the Pfizer 2 shot vaccination. CDC said Americans fully vaccinated against the coronavirus no longer need to cover their faces unless they're in a big crowd of strangers. I wear my mask when I leave home and have to make contact with the public. Crowd size plays no role. I'm gonna wear it until we get the "all clear." I'll most likely wear one for a while even after that.

The bolded leaves out the very important part - OUTDOORS

LINK

You sir, are correct. The bold did leave that out. Biden makes mention of it in his Remarks On New CDC Mask Guidelines around 3.35 in the video. He further elaborates later in the video.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

New CDC guidelines for activities. Click on handy chart below and it will enlarge in new window.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what the requirements to get into Disney Land are. I hope the reopening doesn't cause a spike. They're operating at 25% capacity. Its location, Anaheim, is a concern for me. OC is a Republican stronghold and Republicans have a propensity not to vaccinate.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 240 of 318
Jump to: