LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
What happened? Last I checked it was 78-74 lakers

Onto the next

Mavs got a 6 seconds left in third heave-ho 3 on a set 3 to tie it at 79.

Opening of 4th no one scored. Lakers broke the ice. Got to a 87-83 lead with about 7:40 to go.

Mavs called a TO. After that, Lakers couldnt hit the ocean if they spat into it. Then Luka / Powell were going to town with PnR / lobs.

93-91 Mavs with about 3:30 to go. AD misses jumper. After that, Mavs go on a run (PnR/lob and 3s)...game over. Mavs closed game on a 15-2 run.

So many things went wrong to the end the game. Despite all that, had AD just been "normal" AD (versus rusty from not playing)...we probably win it. (AD was 5-19; 1-10 in second half).

Thanks man. I couldn’t believe they lost when I rechecked score. Ugh they really need to win the next 4 games, maybe lebron will be back for the Nuggets game, wishful thinking lol.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject:

Turned the game off when Lakers were up by 17 thinking it was over. Checked the score now and they lost by 15. What a meltdown. Lebron can't come back soon enough. This is getting ridiculous.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
DrDent wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
What happened? Last I checked it was 78-74 lakers

Onto the next

Mavs got a 6 seconds left in third heave-ho 3 on a set 3 to tie it at 79.

Opening of 4th no one scored. Lakers broke the ice. Got to a 87-83 lead with about 7:40 to go.

Mavs called a TO. After that, Lakers couldnt hit the ocean if they spat into it. Then Luka / Powell were going to town with PnR / lobs.

93-91 Mavs with about 3:30 to go. AD misses jumper. After that, Mavs go on a run (PnR/lob and 3s)...game over. Mavs closed game on a 15-2 run.

So many things went wrong to the end the game. Despite all that, had AD just been "normal" AD (versus rusty from not playing)...we probably win it. (AD was 5-19; 1-10 in second half).

Thanks man. I couldn’t believe they lost when I rechecked score. Ugh they really need to win the next 4 games, maybe lebron will be back for the Nuggets game, wishful thinking lol.

NP. I tried re-watching the second half to see what happened. Was hard to watch. Couple plays stick out to me:

1. Powell PnR where he dove to the hoop, AC and AD were nearby. Both sat flat footed, with AD starting to move towards Powell - after Powell was already in dunk motion.

2. PnR breakdowns inevitably happened just above the 3 line. When Lakers would double Luka, whoever the person was to track Powell ended up in Powell's pocket (eg AC) or just not even on screen. Lakers defense just looked confused.

3. Powell was double-teamed and scored near the hoop - shouldnt happen.

I was unable to pick out the specific player issue on covering what the Mavs were doing in the limited time I spent reviewing certain plays [was REALLY hard to watch and I found myself mumbling at the TV in aggravation]. But basically no one, and I mean no one, was doing anything to stop the roller / Powell [AC had a nice effort on one play, but was a step behind]. Powell basically would do a little circle to set a screen, step away, then dive hard to the basket...and Luka [double teamed] consistently found a way to get the pass in.

No one impeded Powell's path to the hoop. Most were wide open looks at the rim.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I forgot all the panic in game threads after a loss. Good stuff.

It’s going to take bubble AD and still playoff Lebron the way these other dudes are playing. Even then, might not be enough with the amount of mistakes the supporting cast makes. There were also dry spells on offense even with AD and Lebron earlier this season.

Thank you. This team is in serious trouble.

And nobody is shocked that you have This take

AD is still getting himself into game shape Rumblings that LeBron is about to return which changes the whole scope of the team scared go get a dog

1. Punctuation is your friend. I have no idea what you are saying at the end.

2. We have to hope that LBJ comes back 100% when he does come back. We still do not have a specific return date, so we can't assume that he'll be here to save us at any point.

3. In May, we have Nugs-Clips-Blazers-Suns-Knicks in a row and we're trying to avoid the play-in. Judging off of what we are seeing, we are in trouble. We couldn't hold a 17 point lead in an (almost) must-win game and we couldn't stop Dwight freaking Powell.

If you're not worried, congratulations. But I think you are ignoring the reality that we are living in currently.

Punctuation Nazis are for the weak Who have no point much like most of your posts

It literally does not matter as long as we make the playoffs if we have an healthy ad A healthy Bron And a Drummond with no boo-boo toe we are beating anybody they put in front of us stop (bleep) crying

I mean, I literally just told you that I pointed it out because I don't know what you are saying at the end of your original nonsensical post. So good job.

Seeding DOES matter when we are dealing with a 36-year-old superstar. You want to avoid the opponents that will be significantly tougher earlier in the playoffs when we rely so heavily on him to carry the team. Do you understand logic or do you just spew homer illogic?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersvshater/status/1386416148502122498?s=21

Phil Handy talking his (bleep)
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

That was just a bad loss, no ways around it.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It’s going to take bubble AD and still playoff Lebron the way these other dudes are playing. Even then, might not be enough with the amount of mistakes the supporting cast makes. There were also dry spells on offense even with AD and Lebron earlier this season.

AD is still getting himself into game shape Rumblings that LeBron is about to return which changes the whole scope of the team scared go get a dog

2. We have to hope that LBJ comes back 100% when he does come back. We still do not have a specific return date, so we can't assume that he'll be here to save us at any point.

3. In May, we have Nugs-Clips-Blazers-Suns-Knicks in a row and we're trying to avoid the play-in. Judging off of what we are seeing, we are in trouble. We couldn't hold a 17 point lead in an (almost) must-win game and we couldn't stop Dwight freaking Powell.

If you're not worried, congratulations. But I think you are ignoring the reality that we are living in currently.

Punctuation Nazis are for the weak Who have no point much like most of your posts

It literally does not matter as long as we make the playoffs if we have an healthy ad A healthy Bron And a Drummond with no boo-boo toe we are beating anybody they put in front of us stop (bleep) crying

I mean, I literally just told you that I pointed it out because I don't know what you are saying at the end of your original nonsensical post. So good job.

Seeding DOES matter when we are dealing with a 36-year-old superstar. You want to avoid the opponents that will be significantly tougher earlier in the playoffs when we rely so heavily on him to carry the team. Do you understand logic or do you just spew homer illogic?

Your logic is your crybaby post with the whoa is me the sky is falling when we literally were marching right through everybody with a healthy roster it does not matter what this team looks like right now because they did well enough that they’re going to be in the playoffs a healthy Lakers roster and they are going to march right through these teams that are giving them problems right now oneOne thing of note that you will never admit because I’m not quite sure if you’re even trolling and a fan is with the shortened off-season getting back a healthy and rested LeBron and a D could be a good thing we won’t have to worry about them beat down over a long NBA season because they will be refreshed I know that you will never talk about that because all you want to talk about is the negative
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Next Game:

Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic
    Monday, Apr.26, 2021 • 4:00 PM PT | Amway Center, Orlando, FL
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Your logic is your crybaby post with the whoa is me the sky is falling when we literally were marching right through everybody with a healthy roster it does not matter what this team looks like right now because they did well enough that they’re going to be in the playoffs a healthy Lakers roster and they are going to march right through these teams that are giving them problems right now oneOne thing of note that you will never admit because I’m not quite sure if you’re even trolling and a fan is with the shortened off-season getting back a healthy and rested LeBron and a D could be a good thing we won’t have to worry about them beat down over a long NBA season because they will be refreshed I know that you will never talk about that because all you want to talk about is the negative

If I was trolling, I wouldn't waste my time in a forum surrounded by fans of a team. I care deeply about my teams, win or lose, but especially when I see glaring issues with my them.

I have acknowledged the short offseason and, admittedly, the break for LBJ and AD could be good, but it also gives them less time to gel with their teammates. AD just said on Saturday that he's spending his on-court time gelling with his teammates.

If we run roughshod through the West en route to an NBA championship, I will make a post admitting that I was wrong about all of my overreactions throughout the season. But I think you are seriously overoptimistic about the situation staring us directly in the face.

That's all I will say on the matter and I will continue to post my heart on these game threads. Reply or not, I don't care.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Next Game:

Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic
    Monday, Apr.26, 2021 • 4:00 PM PT | Amway Center, Orlando, FL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: