*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks (04/24/21/ Gm# 60) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I am going to drink some Crown Royal now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

We stopped making wide open 3s in the 2nd half. Really missed KCP
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I forgot all the panic in game threads after a loss. Good stuff.

It’s going to take bubble AD and still playoff Lebron the way these other dudes are playing. Even then, might not be enough with the amount of mistakes the supporting cast makes. There were also dry spells on offense even with AD and Lebron earlier this season.

I don't buy it. They're going to the Finals if Lebron and AD are healthy.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:
Davis and Drummond don't really mix

Yes they could. Vogel has his head up his butt offensively.

It worked in the first; Mavs looked outmatched.

The second half? I wasnt able to pinpoint what change the Mavs did to free up Luka and the PnR. I know it started with them rotating the ball for open 3s...then after that, Powell was just diving open to the basket all the time. I couldnt see why the Lakers had an issue stopping that. It was just maddening to watch over and over.

It was 93-91 at the 3:30 mark in the 4th. AD shot 5-19 overall. Its hard to get a good gauge as to what this all means when you have wonko numbers like that. If AD was having a normal game, Lakers likely up at that point.

Things just seemed to really, reallyu snowball after the 3:30 mark...Powell plus big 3s /friendly bounces for the Mavs just gutted the team.

The double screen for Doncic was the first adjustment I noticed in the 3rd. It worked

I'll try and stomach watching the replay to spot that...did we make no adjustment to that? It cant be that hard to stop.

I'm shocked the trap worked as well as it did for as long as it did.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

That and...lots of rushed ones versus trying to run a play for a better, higher percentage shot.

The one big thing we cant dismiss, however, is AD tossing up 9 shots in the second half and only hitting one. Yes, I know he is rusty. But if anyone - whether its AD, Schro, Kuz, etc - goes 1-9 in a half, that will hurt. So, because of that (AD just coming back, and the fact game was still a game with about 3 minutes to go), its hard for me to really gauge this loss.

Am dissappointed during the "holy hell" stretch of games our guys went 1-4.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

The second half? I wasnt able to pinpoint what change the Mavs did to free up Luka and the PnR. I know it started with them rotating the ball for open 3s...then after that, Powell was just diving open to the basket all the time. I couldnt see why the Lakers had an issue stopping that. It was just maddening to watch over and over.

It was 93-91 at the 3:30 mark in the 4th. AD shot 5-19 overall. Its hard to get a good gauge as to what this all means when you have wonko numbers like that. If AD was having a normal game, Lakers likely up at that point.

Things just seemed to really, reallyu snowball after the 3:30 mark...Powell plus big 3s /friendly bounces for the Mavs just gutted the team.

The double screen for Doncic was the first adjustment I noticed in the 3rd. It worked

I'll try and stomach watching the replay to spot that...did we make no adjustment to that? It cant be that hard to stop.

I think we did then they adjusted again and we saw Powell dive more.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

First time I have felt an opposing coach has outcoached Vog in consecutive games.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

I think we did then they adjusted again and we saw Powell dive more.

Horry breaking it down pretty well..more of a team awareness issue.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It’s going to take bubble AD and still playoff Lebron the way these other dudes are playing. Even then, might not be enough with the amount of mistakes the supporting cast makes. There were also dry spells on offense even with AD and Lebron earlier this season.

Thank you. This team is in serious trouble.

And nobody is shocked that you have This take

AD is still getting himself into game shape Rumblings that LeBron is about to return which changes the whole scope of the team scared go get a dog
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

That and...lots of rushed ones versus trying to run a play for a better, higher percentage shot.

The one big thing we cant dismiss, however, is AD tossing up 9 shots in the second half and only hitting one. Yes, I know he is rusty. But if anyone - whether its AD, Schro, Kuz, etc - goes 1-9 in a half, that will hurt. So, because of that (AD just coming back, and the fact game was still a game with about 3 minutes to go), its hard for me to really gauge this loss.

It is what it is. Get the W next Monday would be a good start.
I am pleased KCP/DS is finding their shooting touches, Bmac can light it up as well. Those will be huge when LBJ comes back.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

AD is still getting himself into game shape Rumblings that LeBron is about to return which changes the whole scope of the team scared go get a dog

One thing tonight showed is how much we miss having LBJ able to just do his "oh, you're packing the paint, try and stop this"...as he barrels down the lane and scores anyway.

We also missed standard AD. Now that's not to say he didnt have off games, but its clear he is still trying to find his groove. Worthy mentioned AD took 6 three pointers and his legs dont seem there yet.

Despite all that team was technically still there with 3 minutes to go.

Just need to fix that PnR rubbbish with Powell / whomever
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

It is what it is. Get the W next Monday would be a good start.
I am pleased KCP/DS is finding their shooting touches, Bmac can light it up as well. Those will be huge when LBJ comes back.

Yup.

AD's minutes will go up, he will get his groove back.

We'll be fine in the long haul...but...I'm still angry about tonite's loss. Cant stand Luka's whining. Kleber's face is like that punk high school kid who thought he was cooler than everyone else and he was just smirking the whole game. Mavs quickly becoming one of my least favorite teams.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
DrDent wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

First time I have felt an opposing coach has outcoached Vog in consecutive games.

Carlisle is one of the great tactical coaches. It really was personnel down the stretch - the Lakers had to guard Reddick and DFS out to the perimeter; Powell and Kleiber make smarter decisions as cutters, passers, etc. than JaVale Cauley-Stein; and the two ADs didn't punish the Mavs undersized frontcourt on the other end.

Voila! The middle opens up wide with AD guarding Kleiber on the perimeter, Drummond trying to trap Luka, and AC/Kuz having to stick to DFS and JJ like glue (unlike the thankfully cold shooting THj who got some good looks he couldn't knock down).

Vogel needed to make a personnel change by pulling Drummond, switching every PnR, and forcing Luka into iso possessions against AD. He never did and lost the game. There were individual breakdowns to top it off, but I can't see how they win that game without switching down the stretch - JVG called it out on the broadcast.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
rybee wrote:
Solomon Hill ruined the season lol

If you can’t beat any non-lottery team or team missing players too without Lebron then are you really a legit contender?

Even the game vs. Hawks they shouldn’t have dropped that game.

They’ll have a healthy LeBron in the playoffs though and this sub .500 play without him will be forgotten.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I would be happy to see you be correct. I had high hopes for this supporting cast after LBJ/AD had to drag last season’s limited roster to the 2020 chip.

Let’s hope the weaknesses they have (mainly turnovers and on/off shooting) doesn’t come back to bite them. Something has seemed off with this team from day 1...obviously LBJ/AD tandem cover a lot, but they need some help too. This season’s team is much deeper with more dynamic talent, but they aren’t performing to the expectations...maybe they will be able to bring that A game they have flashed once in a while but seem to have trouble replicating...

Really disappointed with this roster, but all regular season subpar performance will be forgotten if they win the chip. I’m not even going to say repeat because it’s a new situation with Schroder, Harrell, Drummond, etc.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

1. Punctuation is your friend. I have no idea what you are saying at the end.

2. We have to hope that LBJ comes back 100% when he does come back. We still do not have a specific return date, so we can't assume that he'll be here to save us at any point.

3. In May, we have Nugs-Clips-Blazers-Suns-Knicks in a row and we're trying to avoid the play-in. Judging off of what we are seeing, we are in trouble. We couldn't hold a 17 point lead in an (almost) must-win game and we couldn't stop Dwight freaking Powell.

If you're not worried, congratulations. But I think you are ignoring the reality that we are living in currently.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

What happened? Last I checked it was 78-74 lakers

Onto the next
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I would be happy to see you be correct. I had high hopes for this supporting cast after LBJ/AD had to drag last season’s limited roster to the 2020 chip.

Let’s hope the weaknesses they have (mainly turnovers and on/off shooting) doesn’t come back to bite them. Something has seemed off with this team from day 1...obviously LBJ/AD tandem cover a lot, but they need some help too. This season’s team is much deeper with more dynamic talent, but they aren’t performing to the expectations...maybe they will be able to bring that A game they have flashed once in a while but seem to have trouble replicating...

Really disappointed with this roster, but all regular season subpar performance will be forgotten if they win the chip. I’m not even going to say repeat because it’s a new situation with Schroder, Harrell, Drummond, etc.

I was impressed with their early season run with a healthy roster - the game was easy for them even though they clearly hadn't yet jelled and the holdover vets were exhausted after the short turnaround.

I still think their ceiling is higher if Lebron and AD are right because last season DG had an abysmal shooting playoffs and the team didn't have a consistent third option even with Playoff Rondo. The center position gets all the headlines this season, but Harrell, Gasol, and Drummond don't matter that much. In addition to holdover vets in Kieff, AC, Kuz, and (especially) KCP, it basically comes down to Schrõder (and maybe Wes and THT) to provide the extra juice the Lakers will need to win it all again. Do you trust in Dennis?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
What happened? Last I checked it was 78-74 lakers

Onto the next

Mavs got a 6 seconds left in third heave-ho 3 on a set 3 to tie it at 79.

Opening of 4th no one scored. Lakers broke the ice. Got to a 87-83 lead with about 7:40 to go.

Mavs called a TO. After that, Lakers couldnt hit the ocean if they spat into it. Then Luka / Powell were going to town with PnR / lobs.

93-91 Mavs with about 3:30 to go. AD misses jumper. After that, Mavs go on a run (PnR/lob and 3s)...game over. Mavs closed game on a 15-2 run.

So many things went wrong to the end the game. Despite all that, had AD just been "normal" AD (versus rusty from not playing)...we probably win it. (AD was 5-19; 1-10 in second half).
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

He looked like how he did to start the season. Too many jumpers.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Doncic killed us - that trap isn’t going to work on a guy like that eventually he will figure it out. Vogel is slow to adjust within games, between games he is pretty good but during a game ...he is stubborn

Also not sure what’s up with benching Trezz, we desperately needed offense in the 2nd half
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Doncic killed us - that trap isn’t going to work on a guy like that eventually he will figure it out. Vogel is slow to adjust within games, between games he is pretty good but during a game ...he is stubborn

Also not sure what’s up with benching Trezz, we desperately needed offense in the 2nd half

Except Doncic did same thing last game too We made an adjustment...its just they adjusted to the adjustment...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Do you trust in Dennis?

Not sure tbh. I’ll have a better idea after first couple of playoff games lol.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

1. Punctuation is your friend. I have no idea what you are saying at the end.

2. We have to hope that LBJ comes back 100% when he does come back. We still do not have a specific return date, so we can't assume that he'll be here to save us at any point.

3. In May, we have Nugs-Clips-Blazers-Suns-Knicks in a row and we're trying to avoid the play-in. Judging off of what we are seeing, we are in trouble. We couldn't hold a 17 point lead in an (almost) must-win game and we couldn't stop Dwight freaking Powell.

If you're not worried, congratulations. But I think you are ignoring the reality that we are living in currently.

Punctuation Nazis are for the weak Who have no point much like most of your posts

It literally does not matter as long as we make the playoffs if we have an healthy ad A healthy Bron And a Drummond with no boo-boo toe we are beating anybody they put in front of us stop (bleep) crying
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
He looked like how he did to start the season. Too many jumpers.

I am sure this is by design he is still getting his legs underneath him he was out for a long time he will find his game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: