Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Thank God
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Now what will the sentence be?

He'll be in jail for the rest of his life, and there's a halfway decent chance he gets killed in prison. Not saying I wish for that, just being honest about the situation. The most serious charge carries a max of 45 years, and the second most serious charge carries a max of 25 years, I believe.

EDIT: Actually, maybe the most he can get is 45 years, instead of the sentences all adding up. I'm not sure. Perhaps someone can help with that.

He will 100% be dead in prison before he can appeal.

In theory, they will absolutely put him in protective custody in prison and away from the general population. However, all it takes is the establishment to allow him to get whacked. Like Epstein.

Or llike Whitey Bulger.

wiki

Quote:
Bulger was transferred from the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City to United States Penitentiary, Hazelton, in West Virginia on October 29, 2018. At 8:20 a.m. on October 30, the 89-year-old Bulger was found dead. Bulger was in a wheelchair and had been beaten to death by multiple inmates armed with a sock-wrapped padlock and a shiv. His eyes had nearly been gouged out and his tongue almost cut off; a law enforcement official described Bulger as "unrecognizable". This was the third homicide at the prison in a 40-day span. Correctional officers had warned Congress just days before the most recent Hazelton death that facilities were being dangerously understaffed. Massachusetts-based mafia hitman Fotios "Freddy" Geas is the primary suspect in orchestrating the killing of Bulger. Geas, 51, and his brother were sentenced to life in prison in 2011 for their roles in several violent crimes, including the 2003 killing of Adolfo "Big Al" Bruno, a Genovese crime family capo who was shot in a Springfield, Massachusetts parking lot. According to ABC News, Bulger's medical status had been lowered on October 8, 2018, shortly before he was transferred.[108]

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Is this a state or federal case? Isn't it true in state sentences they usually only serve half of the sentence?

Depends on the state. Most states, yes there's time reduced for good behavior. Florida is a notable exception to that. Federal sentences...you pretty much do all the time.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
32 wrote:
Is this a state or federal case? Isn't it true in state sentences they usually only serve half of the sentence?

Depends on the state. Most states, yes there's time reduced for good behavior. Florida is a notable exception to that. Federal sentences...you pretty much do all the time.

Thanks that's what I thought.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Yep. Totally blew it! 😂

Looking around the internet, prominent conservatives have such disdain for this verdict. It's sad that some conservatives feel the need to defend murder.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mark Osler @Oslerguy

The Statutory max for the highest charge-- 2nd degree murder-- is 40 years. Because the charge is unintentional murder, the Guidelines set a target sentence of 12.5 years. In MN, that sentence is 2/3 prison & 1/3 on release (parole). That means about 8 years in prison.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Mark Osler @Oslerguy

The Statutory max for the highest charge-- 2nd degree murder-- is 40 years. Because the charge is unintentional murder, the Guidelines set a target sentence of 12.5 years. In MN, that sentence is 2/3 prison & 1/3 on release (parole). That means about 8 years in prison.

Well it is up to the judge's discretion. But he'll listen to both sides written arguments before sentencing.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Whatever the absolute minimum is, that's what the judge is going to give him. And he'll be serving that time in a minimum security camp-like prison. The only reason he was found guilty is because of the fear of rioting. The only thing that trumps race in America is money.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Here's a link to the aggravating circumstances the prosecution has filed to increase the sentence, if the judge agrees with some or all.

Chavin
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Yep. Totally blew it! 😂

Looking around the internet, prominent conservatives have such disdain for this verdict. It's sad that some conservatives feel the need to defend murder.

lmao

I'm seeing a lot of "it was never possible for him to get a fair trial!" and "b-b-b-but maxine waters" and "well of course because can you imagine what would have happened to the jurors if they didn't nail him?" and "all cops should quit their jobs!"

losers

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Would have loved for him put in the prone position to be handcuffed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

There will be a retrial I’m sure. The fact that they did not sequester the jury. The fact that they did not move the trial out of the area. The fact that politicians were calling for a violence if they didn’t get the verdict THEY wanted. The fact that the jury had to fear for their lives and/or livelihoods... Another trial is needed for justice to be served.

These are the comments of someone I literally grew up next to. This woman was one of my next-door neighbors for many years. Seemingly a nice person in day-to-day interactions over the years. Trump supporter. It just makes me sad.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

You have the guy committing the murder on tape and people are saying it’s reasonable to think Floyd coincidentally suffered a heart attack while under Chauvins knee? Give me a break. This was a slam dunk case for the prosecution.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

The upside for Chauvin in all this is that he'll do just fine in prison since he is already really good at getting on his knees and staying there.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Glad the verdict went the way it should be
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
The upside for Chauvin in all this is that he'll do just fine in prison since he is already really good at getting on his knees and staying there.

I hope someone someone shows him a thick black line.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

A pleasant surprise Judge Cahill revoked Chauvin's bail. It's going to be some time before he walks the streets of Minnesota again, if ever.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Fox is PISSED tonite, wow. They're all shouting about how we need to get past this division in the manner of MLK (who conservatives just loooove), etc. Tucker got a retired cop on his show who didn't play ball w/ his "Who wants to be a cop now?" BS and he laughed maniacally and cut him off as he was about to say the verdicts were justified for the 3rd time. "Nope! Done!" I guess they only like police who further their channel's nonsense. It's a relative support for cops they have.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
A pleasant surprise Judge Cahill revoked Chauvin's bail. It's going to be some time before he walks the streets of Minnesota again, if ever.

Once he was convicted on all three charges, the judge didn't really have a choice.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Fox is PISSED tonite, wow. They're all shouting about how we need to get past this division in the manner of MLK (who conservatives just loooove), etc. Tucker got a retired cop on his show who didn't play ball w/ his "Who wants to be a cop now?" BS and he laughed maniacally and cut him off as he was about to say the verdicts were justified for the 3rd time. "Nope! Done!" I guess they only like police who further their channel's nonsense. It's a relative support for cops they have.

Yeah, I mean if you can't just wantonly murder citizens and get away with it, what's the point . . . right Tucker?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Mother Tucker Carlson
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Yeah, I mean if you can't just wantonly murder citizens and get away with it, what's the point . . . right Tucker?

They're using the fact that Chauvin was found guilty as their proof that the system isn't broken while at the same time, they're clearly unglued about Chauvin being declared guilty. Hence, "Why would anyone want to be a cop any longer?" Ingraham was citing all the civil rights victors like 65 voting rights act and the fact that Obama/Biden were elected twice as evidence that America is NOT systemically/inherently racist. Meanwhile, she and her ilk are precisely the effers who voted against such measures, voted against Obama because he was black, etc. Not that I'm surprised they're doing the have cake and eat it, too routine, but Laura needs to realize that her audience does NOT agree that the 65 voting rights act and Obama and future/current attempts to overturn Georgia's Jim Crow 2.0 were bad things. You can't have it both ways. Fox has assumed another left term, aka "the big lie" now, btw. They've used it numerous times. Turns out they like it more than they initially thought they did.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Yep. Totally blew it! 😂

lmao

I'm seeing a lot of "it was never possible for him to get a fair trial!" and "b-b-b-but maxine waters" and "well of course because can you imagine what would have happened to the jurors if they didn't nail him?" and "all cops should quit their jobs!"

losers

That last is the funniest. For most cops, the pay & benefits of being in law enforcement offer them a lifestyle they couldn't get in another profession.

LAPD rookie starts the academy at $70,804.00

Academy graduate gets bumped to $74,804.00

After 12 months: $80,053.00 to $83,144.00

Minimum annual pay increase = $4,409, plus 1.5% COLA

Work 3 twelve hour shifts, then take 4 days off.

Full medical/vision/dental AND a defined benefit pension plan.

Sick Leave and Disability Benefits
Sworn employees receive 12 days of 100 percent paid sick leave, five days at 75 percent, and five days at 50 percent, upon hiring and each year while employed. Employees may accumulate up to 100 days at 100 percent, 75 percent, and 50 percent paid sick leave. Employees are eligible for a service-connected disability retirement beginning on the date of graduation from basic training.

Vacation and Holidays
Sworn employees receive 15 days of vacation per year after one year of service and 23 days per year after ten years. Every sworn employee also receives a total of 13 paid floating holidays per year; one day every four weeks.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the big boondoggle - OVERTIME!

Galperin also maintains a database dubbed Payroll Explorer, which details personnel spending across the entire city. Its most recent figures, from the calendar year 2018, reveal that 20 LAPD employees that year earned more than $100,000 in overtime, with some making more in OT than they did on their base salary. That includes an officer who padded his or her $110,000 salary with $149,414 in overtime. Add in additional expenditures and the person’s total compensation was almost $289,000.

Median LAPD officer makes $113K in base salary . . . which trails LAFD, where the median salary is $158K.

And my dumb ass went to college . . .
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

^^^ I've been railing about this for years here. Finally someone else who sees this. ANYONE who makes it out like being a cop is signing up for an impoverished life is out of their GD minds. Throw in OT and these mf'ers are making $ hand over fist. It's a complete con.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
He ain't getting away with it...!

Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!

I did not see much, but the testimony against this guy is huge!

His own dispatcher, thought the feed was locked/paused and when she found out it wasn't, went and told a supervisor because she was concerned for his well being...

And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10...!

Called it...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11
Jump to: