Walter Mondale dead at 93

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Walter Mondale dead at 93

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/walter-mondale-dead-dies_n_567985e2e4b06fa6887ed1b2

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

RIP He lived a good life.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I voted for him in his 84 presidential bid which he lost to Reagan in a landslide. RIP

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I voted for him in his 84 presidential bid which he lost to Reagan in a landslide. RIP

The few. The proud. The Mondale voters.

In all seriousness, a life well lived. RIP.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the spate of old people deaths over the past few years. I thought Mondale died in a Helicopter years ago?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Last time I saw him was in 2016 during the election cycle. That was incidentally the last time I remember seeing Dukakis on some of the politics shows. Of course, in 2016, Fritz was scared at the prospects of a Trump presidency, but thankfully Trump lost because the American people aren't idiots and Hillary became the first woman president.

Wait, what's this you're telling me? Nooooooo.... No way. Are you sure?! Are you POSITIVE?!

Fritz looked good then. At least he lived long enough to know that Trump was a failed 1 termer, twice impeached. Carter is one of the last politicians from the late 70s to still be with us and he's up there as you know. That's gonna be a sad one.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Jodie, were you surprised that Truman beat Dewey back then? I think I recall you once saying that you had initial reservations about Truman being that he was younger than you when he took over and that he had failed in numerous occupations, even haberdashery. You were more comfortable w/ FDR, you felt he was more experienced and you weren't sure of Truman's personality -- you couldn't afford a rash man in the Oval Room when the world was being reconfigured by the Allies.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

Mondale & Ferraro: 1984

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Jodie, were you surprised that Truman beat Dewey back then? I think I recall you once saying that you had initial reservations about Truman being that he was younger than you when he took over and that he had failed in numerous occupations, even haberdashery. You were more comfortable w/ FDR, you felt he was more experienced and you weren't sure of Truman's personality -- you couldn't afford a rash man in the Oval Room when the world was being reconfigured by the Allies.

I wasn't of voting age at that time. Politics wasn't on my mind. I was too busy playing marbles, basketball, and hide and seek. I do remember my parents talking about FDR and Truman. I also remember both of them voting.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I wasn't of voting age at that time. Politics wasn't on my mind. I was too busy playing marbles, basketball, and hide and seek. I do remember my parents talking about FDR and Truman. I also remember both of them voting.

I was breakin ya bollz. I'm surprised that you actually WERE alive tho, so I wasn't too far off. Who was the first one you coulda voted for, JFK? You must've seen some stuff in your day, Jodie. All my fam who were around in the 60s, even late 60s, are all gone now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I was breakin ya bollz. I'm surprised that you actually WERE alive tho, so I wasn't too far off. Who was the first one you coulda voted for, JFK? You must've seen some stuff in your day, Jodie. All my fam who were around in the 60s, even late 60s, are all gone now.

I know that. Getting to my age is an honor afforded the chosen few. I'm on a very short list of my generation.

I'd been calling a friend my age and he wasn't answering, that's not like him. My neighbor who's also in my age range had been doing the same. We got concerned and went to check on him. His neighbor said he was found sitting in his lazy boy watching TV. He'd crossed over.

It was a surprise because he hadn't shown any signs of illness. My health is great. My only malady is COPD. Heart pumping like an oil well in Zaire. If you don't smoke don't start. If you do smoke quit.

I know I'm living the last chapter in my book of life but it won't end for some time. It's a loooong chapter. I'm gonna be here for a while. Your friends of the 60's were youngsters.

You guessed it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: