Mass shooting in Indianapolis, several casualties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Mass shooting in Indianapolis, several casualties

https://fox59.com/news/police-investigating-after-multiple-people-injured-in-shooting-on-indys-southwest-side/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Nine dead at the scene including the gunman (who reportedly took his own life). Multiple people injured.

Not a lot known yet. Fed Ex facility in Indianapolis.

Sadly, just another day in the USA.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject:

Goin postal.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Goin postal.

Heeeeey. No. Too early
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

Michele Norris
@michele_norris
We interrupt the coverage of the shooting of a 13-yr-old boy that interrupted coverage of traffic stop shooting of a 20–yr-old man that interrupted coverage of Derek Chauvin trial for the killing of George Floyd for news of 8 ppl killed at Fedex facility in Indianapolis

America
5:34 AM · Apr 16, 2021
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Michele Norris
@michele_norris
We interrupt the coverage of the shooting of a 13-yr-old boy that interrupted coverage of traffic stop shooting of a 20–yr-old man that interrupted coverage of Derek Chauvin trial for the killing of George Floyd for news of 8 ppl killed at Fedex facility in Indianapolis

America
5:34 AM · Apr 16, 2021

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

The profits from the (redneck) gun economy make it worth the deaths from the ensuing gun violence...is what the NRA might say.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

Republicans: "Now is not the time to talk about gun reform. It's too soon and families need to heal"

Another shooting happens

Republicans: "Now is not the time to talk about gun reform. It's too soon and families need to heal"

Another shooting happens

Another shooting happens

Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. It's never going to be a good time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

CNN reporting an employee said he saw an assault rifle, heard 6 shots. When will people wake up and ban the public from owning weapons of war?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CNN reporting an employee said he saw an assault rifle, heard 6 shots. When will people wake up and ban the public from owning weapons of war?
I totally agree with assault weapon ban but iirc a couple recent shootings were hand guns and no way do I support banning those. Background check and mental stability test sure.

It should be at least as hard as it is to get drivers license and age limit of being legally aloud to consume alcohol at a public establishment
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Another shooting happens

Another shooting happens

Another shooting happens

Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. It's never going to be a good time.

Notice how six people die out of millions given the J&J vaccine and it is immediately pulled, but more people than that are shot all the time and nothing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I totally agree with assault weapon ban but iirc a couple recent shootings were hand guns and no way do I support banning those. Background check and mental stability test sure.

It should be at least as hard as it is to get drivers license and age limit of being legally aloud to consume alcohol at a public establishment

Explain the need for an average person to possess a handgun?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Protect the home.

Protect property.

Protect against government incursions.

Shoot up fellow Americans.

The last one is the most important to some gun nuts/enthusiasts.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

The thing with assault rifles...they're really good at doing what they're designed to do - hit a lot of people quickly. This latest event lasted less than 3 minutes before the first units arrived. In that little time, he shot more than a dozen people.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
The thing with assault rifles...they're really good at doing what they're designed to do - hit a lot of people quickly. This latest event lasted less than 3 minutes before the first units arrived. In that little time, he shot more than a dozen people.

What makes them so deadly is they combine the ability of a handgun to switch targets rapidly and put multiple shots on the target, with the lethality of a much more potent projectile. A would you would likely survive with a handgun is often fatal (anything in the torso and even in the limbs due to blood loss) with an assault rifle bullet.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

19-year-old white male shooter.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
The mother of the gunman in the shooting at a FedEx facility told law enforcement in March 2020 that he might try to "commit suicide by cop," the FBI Indianapolis office said in a statement.

FBI Indianapolis Special Agent in Charge Paul Keenan said in a statement sent to CNN that the gunman, Brandon Hole, was placed on an immediate detention mental health temporary hold by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. He also said a shotgun was seized at Hole's residence.

"Based on items observed in the suspect’s bedroom at that time, he was interviewed by the FBI in April 2020. No Racially Motivated Violent Extremism (RMVE) ideology was identified during the course of the assessment and no criminal violation was found," Keenan said in the statement. "The shotgun was not returned to the suspect.”

And yet a year later he was able to get his hands on (apparently) an assault rifle.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Having just purchased a handgun I can assure you background checks, age limits, proof of residency, current ID with your current address and Real ID are in force.

I'm not 100% sure but I vaguely remember questions about mental stability on the form I had to fill out. If so I'm certain if you've been recently released from a mental institution it will be a factor for owning a handgun.

IMO equating the allowance for owning a handgun and drinking and driving is overreaching.

In California, handgun clips are limited to 10 rounds. I understand owning a handgun for home protection. I don't support CCW permits. I also don't think there's a need to own an automatic or semi-automatic handgun.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I'm as shocked as you are.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Protect the home.

Protect property.

Protect against government incursions.

Shoot up fellow Americans.

The last one is the most important to some gun nuts/enthusiasts.

And the insurrection proved that the overwhelming majority of these gun nuts are a bunch of lying ass cowards. At least have the integrity to follow what they've been yapping and preaching about for decades. Pathetic...I've called out some family members and was met by silence. I rip them every chance I get. Yes, I'm petty and vindictive.

https://giphy.com/gifs/disappear-4bpK2k0Yru5Us
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
The mother of the gunman in the shooting at a FedEx facility told law enforcement in March 2020 that he might try to "commit suicide by cop," the FBI Indianapolis office said in a statement.

FBI Indianapolis Special Agent in Charge Paul Keenan said in a statement sent to CNN that the gunman, Brandon Hole, was placed on an immediate detention mental health temporary hold by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. He also said a shotgun was seized at Hole's residence.

"Based on items observed in the suspect’s bedroom at that time, he was interviewed by the FBI in April 2020. No Racially Motivated Violent Extremism (RMVE) ideology was identified during the course of the assessment and no criminal violation was found," Keenan said in the statement. "The shotgun was not returned to the suspect.”

And yet a year later he was able to get his hands on (apparently) an assault rifle.
. Indiana has some of the most lax and unenforced gun laws in the country. There’s a reason the top places guns used in murders in Chicago are traced to are all in Indiana. There’s a cabella’s ten minutes from the border that’s heavily used for guns to export to Chicago gangs.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Goin postal.

Heeeeey. No. Too early

That wasn't a joke, but I shoulda made myself clearer. This is the kind of thing that was originally labeled as "going postal" (FedEx) and now it's "going American".
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Thoughts and Prayers

This is becoming mind numbing how often this is happening.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Well past time to get the insurance industry involve. Make gun owners just as resposible a car owners for any damages/ loss of life that results from their insure property. Minimum $25,000 deductible. Get caught without gun owners insurance an be subject to GR22 required policy from the state with monthly premiums starting $1000. Apply massive policy surcharges on those under the age of 70. Allow insurance companies to deny liability coverage on homeowners policies for those who desire to keep weapons of mass destruction. Make it painfully expensive to possess an implement of death. Call the whole Scheme, The American Patriot Responsibility Act and tax the Gun manufacturers to the hilt so the price of a Glok skyrockets to $30,000. Require annual relicensing at the DOG (Dept of Guns), requiring a mental eval, as well as proof of annual training classes and marksman testing requiring the ability to hit a moving target at 1000 yards as well as proof of ability to properly dress a gunshot wound. Basically do one of the things America does best and create a massive beureacracy so these 2nd amendtards can still have the right to keep a bear arm, if they can afford it. It's the American way...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

What makes them so deadly is they combine the ability of a handgun to switch targets rapidly and put multiple shots on the target, with the lethality of a much more potent projectile. A would you would likely survive with a handgun is often fatal (anything in the torso and even in the limbs due to blood loss) with an assault rifle bullet.

Assault rifle nuts will tell you all day long that it's a weak round, but it's designed to tumble and it creates massive cavitation when it hits flesh. You can clearly see the difference in ballistics gelatin demonstrations. It makes those rounds more lethal than handgun rounds. The M16 was designed specifically to be a counter to the AK47 and to be effectively lethal on the battlefield. Eugene Stoner, one of the M16s/AR15s chief designers said they knew of a VC who died from an ankle shot from an M16 in the field because he bled out from a horrific wound caused by the round. And gun nuts will also try to win arguments on semantics like what the "AR" stands for ("Armalite" and NOT "Assault Rifle") and say that an AR15 isn't an assault weapon while the M16 variant is simply because the M16 can be switched to fully automatic mode. Firstly, the Vegas shooter got around that w/ a bump stock (there are all those in the market that never got traced or seized after they were made illegal) and, secondly, Stoner said the semi-auto setting was arguably more accurate than full auto. It hardly stops an AR15 carrying nut from killing 10-50 people simply because he's forced to pull the trigger for every shot. And the Vegas AH would've killed plenty of people in that situation even w/o the bumpstock.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: