View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I am starting to tire a little on Schroder. He has no real offensive game for the most part.

Better late than never...

Your issue is expecting too much for a guy we got with Danny Green and a late 1st round pick.
Is he worth 20-25 mil? No
Will we sign him given a chance for that amount? Most certainly given our cap situation and his bird right. He can at least be a salary matcher, if you let him walk, we won’t be able to trade for a superstar even if we want to.
If Jeanie is willing to pay him for our 2-3 years window, then as fans, we shouldn’t say a thing.

I already said I don't have a problem with those who say we have no choice but to accept a bad situation. I have a problem with those who act like this is a good one. It makes me wonder if some here are working in the front office.

I've already lived through the worst period in Lakers history and I'm not excited at the notion of a post LeBron era filled with mediocre untradeable contracts. People tell me we can trade him, but I find that harder and harder to believe if we pay him over 20 million for many years.

If someone tells me... I don't like this... but we have to accept it because the alternative is worse... I can get that perspective.

If someone tells me how great this guy is... that's when it rubs me the wrong way.

He's a decent player asking for too much money. You don't care... that is your right... It bothers me... that is my right as a fan as well.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Game Recap:

https://www.nba.com/watch/video/game-recap-heat-110-lakers-104-6shx38
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I am starting to tire a little on Schroder. He has no real offensive game for the most part.

Your issue is expecting too much for a guy we got with Danny Green and a late 1st round pick.
Will we sign him given a chance for that amount? Most certainly given our cap situation and his bird right. He can at least be a salary matcher, if you let him walk, we won’t be able to trade for a superstar even if we want to.
If Jeanie is willing to pay him for our 2-3 years window, then as fans, we shouldn’t say a thing.

I already said I don't have a problem with those who say we have no choice but to accept a bad situation. I have a problem with those who act like this is a good one. It makes me wonder if some here are working in the front office.

I've already lived through the worst period in Lakers history and I'm not excited at the notion of a post LeBron era filled with mediocre untradeable contracts. People tell me we can trade him, but I find that harder and harder to believe if we pay him over 20 million for many years.

If someone tells me... I don't like this... but we have to accept it because the alternative is worse... I can get that perspective.

If someone tells me how great this guy is... that's when it rubs me the wrong way.

He's a decent player asking for too much money. You don't care... that is your right... It bothers me... that is my right as a fan as well.

My exact thoughts. They keep saying DS and Trez moves are amazing even when they clearly see that they don't fit well. They keep blaming Dwight for not being patient when it was Rob's fault. DS is not a good fit. Promising Starter role was a mistake. He is a horrible passer and mediocre scorer. He has 1 shot, driving to basket and looking for fouls.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

You outed me!

(kidding, I have zero Laker connections)
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Really like what Andre brings to our squad.
You add Lebron and AD to that Monster in the middle we got something special.

I really hope we can sign him somehow this offseason. If we gotta let go of Kuz and KCP so be it. Hopefully we can get back some draft picks at least.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

I really hope we can sign him somehow this offseason. If we gotta let go of Kuz and KCP so be it. Hopefully we can get back some draft picks at least.

If you let KCP go to sign Drummond, who is ging to be on 3pt line? AD/LBJ?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

If you let KCP go to sign Drummond, who is ging to be on 3pt line? AD/LBJ?

Theoretically [yes, I went there] those 3 can be an enormous problem, and then you just need guys who can hit a shot at a decent rate around them. Let's say KCP left, then you'd replace him with AC or THT, and gamble 1 of those 2 shoots around a 37% or better clip from 3. You would likely be able to grab a cheap vet FA as well to replace.

Not saying I'm good with all that. I actually still like KCP, despite his extreme up and downs. I'm of the belief that if things work out great here, Dre will stay at a reduced price, and believe he will get paid once the Lakers get his bird rights. But thats alot of ifs and buts.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

BTW...I'm going a bit moral victory here, but...

Holy cow, if I'm a Heat fan I'm like "WTF! We are completely healthy yet could not put this banged up Laker team away!"
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Again, the trade was a good one because DG sucks, and paying DS 20-25 mil might not be a good one, but we won’t have a choice. Let’s just say suns blow up and want to trade CP3, and CP3 wants to be a laker, you need salaries like DS to match. It is all come down to luxury tax, so if Jeanie wants to pay for it, that’s her decision
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

My exact thoughts. They keep saying DS and Trez moves are amazing even when they clearly see that they don't fit well. They keep blaming Dwight for not being patient when it was Rob's fault. DS is not a good fit. Promising Starter role was a mistake. He is a horrible passer and mediocre scorer. He has 1 shot, driving to basket and looking for fouls.

We’d be still on the season long losing streak without them.
You keep saying they are bad fits, but I think the jury is still out because they didn’t play with healthy LBJ and AD for many games. Did DS live up to his expections? Hell no, but still better than DG. Did Trezz live up to his expectations? I think he kind of did, a consistent scoring big off the bench. If you expected him to play great defense, your expectation is too high.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BTW...I'm going a bit moral victory here, but...

Holy cow, if I'm a Heat fan I'm like "WTF! We are completely healthy yet could not put this banged up Laker team away!"

Yep
The Lakers actually had a decent chance to win this game but turnovers (22) killed us.
The team put forth a good effort but were simply outmanned at the end of the day. KCP played well, Drummond too.
I hope they come out fired up against the Nets. It's going to take some lockdown defense to beat Brooklyn but I expect the Lakers to pull off the upset.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Good try but a lose is a lose....I hope most these guys aren’t thinking we’re a shoe in to make the playoffs. We don’t need a situation in which we run the risk of not making the pkayoffs and when AD and Lebron come back they end up having to kill themselves physically just to make the playoffs. When they get back it might take a while to get in game shape again and we might lose a few games.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Wow, this Heat team probably getting bounced in the first round. I will START to worry about the Lakers if they play like this within a week of LBJ/AD back, until then I am just going through the motions like they are.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Wow, this Heat team probably getting bounced in the first round. I will START to worry about the Lakers if they play like this within a week of LBJ/AD back, until then I am just going through the motions like they are.
who is bouncing Miami out of round 1? They are built for the 9layoffs and spo is an in series adjustment coach. He has the personnel to wall off Freak. He has the clutch ness and perimeter play in Butler and Dragic to exploit Kemba. He has the big guy and zone to beat Doc. Really and truly if he saves Ariza and Iggy legs and they can reach back, he is the one team in the east to be able to defend the Nets perimeter. Spo and Vogel are similar in that they will show cracks all regular season with their ability to adjust but in the playoffs when the film room comes into play and they get 2 weeks of homework, they and their teams are going to slice you up. Miami didn’t luck into the finals last year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29
Jump to: