*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans (03/23/21 @ 4:30 pm PT) Gm# 44 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Reception on the Zoom is so bad Vogel looks like Max Headroom.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
THT with some nice dimes at the end. He looks to pass more than DS. THTs passing ceiling is way higher than DS and AC, he’s just young. Kuz had one dinner with Kobe and thought he could be him if he tried harder. Not gonna EVER happen.

I honestly feel THT just needs to be given by a team that is willing to live through his mistakes and growth 30+ minutes a night. I do think his growth is stunted playing on a team that *has* to monitor what he is doing. As up/down he is, I personally see lots of potential and would try to trade for him.

For example, rumor is Toronto wants to deal Powell. If I'm their GM, I see in THT a young player I can lure in with the promise of playing time to team up with Vanvleet and Siakam. I'd take KCP off the Lakers hands as well, as he'd be someone I have under contract, is still a 3 and D guy, and wont be worried about me growing THT.

Lakers would probably strongly consider that trade as well. Not a perfect salary matchup, but wouldnt take much to make it work.

I like this take.

Thanks Mamba. I really like THT, I sort of feel he came into the team a little late? When the team was in rebuild mode, he would be perfect for that situation. We could watch him grow with 30+ minute nights and just deal with his mistakes.

The talent is there. More than one NBA player has mentioned if there was a re-draft of the year he was drafted, we know THT is not going in the second round.

Unfortunately he's on a team that must win *now*, little patience for player growth. Selfishly I'd like him to stay, but for him to get to where he needs - dude just needs play time.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

LOL was thinking the same
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:

*hoping that by you mentioning Max Headroom NPZ graces us with his opulent paragraph of anything 80s*

Kiss my Converse.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Like a really bad car crash but couldn’t help to just watch the entire thing play out.

BI with the effortless 36 and Zion with 27. They knew if they lost to us without Lebron and AD they couldn’t continue their season with any respect for themselves.

This has the to be the worst performance I’ve seen from Dennis in a Lakers jersey. Especially with the all his comments about stepping up
I wonder if this has anything to do with the trade rumors?

Friday couldn’t come any sooner.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:

*hoping that by you mentioning Max Headroom NPZ graces us with his opulent paragraph of anything 80s*

Well, what other era would you get flicks they wont make anymore such as Last American Virgin, Fast Times at Richmond High, Private School, and the entire Porky's series?

That stuff would be face palmed if made today
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
THT with some nice dimes at the end. He looks to pass more than DS. THTs passing ceiling is way higher than DS and AC, he’s just young. Kuz had one dinner with Kobe and thought he could be him if he tried harder. Not gonna EVER happen.

I honestly feel THT just needs to be given by a team that is willing to live through his mistakes and growth 30+ minutes a night. I do think his growth is stunted playing on a team that *has* to monitor what he is doing. As up/down he is, I personally see lots of potential and would try to trade for him.

For example, rumor is Toronto wants to deal Powell. If I'm their GM, I see in THT a young player I can lure in with the promise of playing time to team up with Vanvleet and Siakam. I'd take KCP off the Lakers hands as well, as he'd be someone I have under contract, is still a 3 and D guy, and wont be worried about me growing THT.

Lakers would probably strongly consider that trade as well. Not a perfect salary matchup, but wouldnt take much to make it work.

I like this take.

Thanks Mamba. I really like THT, I sort of feel he came into the team a little late? When the team was in rebuild mode, he would be perfect for that situation. We could watch him grow with 30+ minute nights and just deal with his mistakes.

The talent is there. More than one NBA player has mentioned if there was a re-draft of the year he was drafted, we know THT is not going in the second round.

Unfortunately he's on a team that must win *now*, little patience for player growth. Selfishly I'd like him to stay, but for him to get to where he needs - dude just needs play time.

In addition, the lack of team practices due to Covid protocols and testing stunts his growth too.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Well, what other era would you get flicks they wont make anymore such as Last American Virgin, Fast Times at Richmond High, Private School, and the entire Porky's series?

That stuff would be face palmed if made today

Ah yes. Phoebe Cates and her red bikini. Mark Harmon and his fluffy chest. The raunchy teen section at my local video store was my favorite to browse.

Kiss my Converse.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

How the hell did we let Josh Hart get 15 rebounds!!??
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

U-G-L-Y
U ain’t got no alibi
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Mr Rob the genius...

Lmao. You’re going to blame him for not foreseeing ADand LBJ going down at the same time?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Well if Lebron could will this team to another championship, then he's truely a basketball God. There should be no discussion who's the goat anymore.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

This is just sad, wake me up when we get one of our stars back....
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
This is just sad, wake me up when we get one of our stars back....

Man I know it’s going to be tough, but so far this is terrible. It’s hard to even watch.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject:

The team has been a hot mess the last couple of games. There is No cohesiveness and no continuity. G-League-type performance.

Everyone needs to take ownership and show some pride because this has been a fiasco so far. A good place to start is against Philly. GO LAKERS!
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

Is this team better than they are playing? I thought so, I see guys that can get buckets and yet the offensive droughts continue
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
Jump to: