NBA'S SHAWN BRADLEY PARALYZED IN CAR VS. BIKE CRASH

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: NBA'S SHAWN BRADLEY PARALYZED IN CAR VS. BIKE CRASH

NBA legend Shawn Bradley was badly injured in a bad car vs. bicycle accident in Utah back in January that has left him paralyzed, the Dallas Mavericks confirmed Wednesday.

The 48-year-old -- known for his 7'6" frame -- was riding on his bicycle near his home in St. George, Utah on Jan. 20, 2021 when he was struck from behind by an automobile.

"The accident caused a traumatic spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed," the Mavericks said.

LINK

Man, that really sucks. Hopes for the best possible recovery and life post accident.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

holy (bleep). I used to laugh at this guy for being lanky posterbait. poor guy

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

Yeah, read this yesterday on ESPN. Sad, really.

In some parts of North America, the way car users treat bikers/scooter users is ridiculous. I just began riding that way with my kids 2 years ago and then began to ride alone sometimes as another means of transportations.

At least over here, it's ridiculously bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

F'in horrible. Yes, it's true that drivers in America are careless (bleep) for the most part, so it's not surprising it happened. What's surprising is the severity of it and the paralysis. I wish him the best.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

Sad. I hope he recovers and is able to walk again. I wonder if the driver was impaired?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Rodney Rogers is a quadriplegic now due to a flipover on an off road vehicle. Sucks to see that kind of thing happen to anyone, much less someone whose livelihood and fame was or was once based on their physicality.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Rodney Rogers is a quadriplegic now due to a flipover on an off road vehicle. Sucks to see that kind of thing happen to anyone, much less someone whose livelihood and fame was or was once based on their physicality.

I remember watching Rodgers play when I was young and the only thing I remember was how built he was. His story is Christopher Reeves level tragic. Just a total freak accident that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I remember watching Rodgers play when I was young and the only thing I remember was how built he was. His story is Christopher Reeves level tragic. Just a total freak accident that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

I saw a Behind The Glory ep (I think was the show) on him and that accident years ago and I remember the point in the ground that made his ATV flip was so small that you'd look past it every time. It was nothing more than a small patch of mud w/ a track thru it, no bigger from my memory than a shoebox in size. Those 3 and 4 wheelers have been doing what they did to Rogers since they were first intro'd. Just a much more dangerous toy than they look. You think they're safer than a motorcycle or dirtbike with 4 big wheels, but no. I remember a Jackass bit where the boyz flipped a golfcart off of a very minor ramp and Johnny Knoxville ended up whamming the ground onto his neck. He was lucky right there not to have broken his neck, which would've ended that show instantly. You hit a small bump the wrong way and that whole thing could come crashing down on you and/or you land on the crown of your head and either die or break your neck.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: