*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets (02/18/2021 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#30 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
this years team just doesnt have it, not sure if its a chemistry thing or what but havent seen them play well for a while now. Im just glad we got last years ring and didnt come up empty in Lebron's time.

This was a humbling game. Tough to play without AD and Schroder but still humbling nonetheless.

And I agree. Something is off with this team...it’s a better roster with way more talent but it’s not clicking (yet). It’s been a good chunk of games now.

Lots of work to do. Start with a rim protector and go from there.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Trying really hard to find all of the "we'll be fine" people.

Where are all of you now?

Are we going to be "fine?"

Yes we are going to be fine. If they shoot like this in the playoffs, then we won’t be the champion. However, I am confident they can do it.

I disagree.

This team is not cohesive in the least, has an iceberg as a center, have porous defense everywhere, and can't seem to score consistently outside of LBJ. Sadly, that also includes AD.

Our wins over Boston and Milwaukee seem to be fool's gold because, outside of them, I can't think of an actually impressive win since Christmas Day.

Well, then you can watch them lose. I am very confident they can handle the nets in the finals (if we ever get there)

So you don't actually have a counter to what I said other than to say that we'll be fine just because we will be.

Alright then.

I literally told you we will be fine because our shots will fall in the playoffs, and if they don’t, we won’t win. Their role players made open 3s, ours didn’t. Simple as that.

Brilliant analysis there. Truly top notch.

Surely has nothing to do with our shortcomings elsewhere.

These back-and-forth is pointless, so no point in continuing it.

Come on Blue, you're better than this!

Just toss your controller across the room, I did, felt better.

Yeah, just a rough part of the season, I guess.

Brings out the frustrations.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

sonic the laker wrote:
This game has really exposed what I've been saying all along. Vogel has done nothing to maximize the strengths of this team, outside of Bron/AD. Everyone is just encouraged to pass to Bron/AD, stand around, and wait to ne spoon fed an open shot. Rinse, repeat. That makes up 99% of our offense. Now, with AD out, we're forced to play more team oriented ball, and we struggle, because guys are asked to do things this team has no familiarity with. It's going to be a struggle. And, it's going to be ugly. They should have been trying to play team ball, from the start of the season...

Also, the Nets got off to a hot start, because of bad defensive breakdowns,

as well as bad defensive matchups by Vogel. On to the next...

That offensive formula works. We need a healthy team.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

Somewhat happy we didn't end up getting blown out, but scoring 98 against the Nets -_-"
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Nets missing KD and Dinwiddie, We are missing AD and Schroeder.
Refs for sure helped the Nets more than us, not debatable.
It really was Harris and TLC in the end that killed us.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

Kobetan wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The worst thing that could have happened is if LBJ went nuclear and we fluked a win.

This way, the front office will take a serious look at deficiencies before the playoffs.

Good post.

Agree, but how many more 'losses against a contending team' and 'displaying our obvious flaws' will it take for the front office to do something? Even then, a meaningful tweak to the roster may even be out of their control.

All those overtime wins against teams like OKC and Detroit only served to give us a false sense of security. Sure the team was gutsy... but you shouldn't need to gut games out against lousy teams over and over.

Rob tried something... we all thought he did a good job, but time has exposed some of its flaws. A healthy AD will do a lot, but he needs to address shooting and lack of size in the post.

You're right that it might not be possible but at least he'll be on the phone trying now.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

I think it's time to give McKinnie some run... The kid is 6'7 suppose to be a 3&D guy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
Lakers will be a much better team going into the playoffs. Not even worried by tonight's unsurprising result.

I’m not either let’s see if they get out of the East and we need to get healthy

Still confident if we’re healthy , we can take out Brooklyn or Philly in 6 or 7.
Maybe a mid season pickup or swap will be done as well.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we're the same (bleep) team from three, then we must utilize Trez to perfection.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FOLKS!!!!

I MEAN YOU - yes YOU. Fellow bleeding purple and gold person. Like me.

Most of us figured without AD this was a loss. We also had no DS. Also, just assume (to keep your sanity), AD will miss 20 games. I believe the Lakers can win 12-13 of those...that would put them at 35-14, or 34-15. Add a healthy AD back (the guy who showed up v Boston), and this team will make a run. I do NOT disagree Pelinka needs to take a hard look at adding more to help (eg a big perhaps), but do not let this one loss make you think we are done. Do they need to improve? Yes. Has their play been concerning? Yes. Is it over? No...not until this team is knocked out, for good.

Be pissed at *this* game. At *this* effort. I'm with you there 100%. I felt they did not play with the same energy as the Nets. Putting that all aside, it is one game. And be prepared...this team may have a similar result vs the Jazz too.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

Kobetan wrote:
Somewhat happy we didn't end up getting blown out, but scoring 98 against the Nets -_-"
we did get blown out
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
FOLKS!!!!

Most of us figured without AD this was a loss. We also had no DS. Also, just assume (to keep your sanity), AD will miss 20 games. I believe the Lakers can win 12-13 of those...that would put them at 35-14, or 34-15. Add a healthy AD back (the guy who showed up v Boston), and this team will make a run. I do NOT disagree Pelinka needs to take a hard look at adding more to help (eg a big perhaps), but do not let this one loss make you think we are done. Do they need to improve? Yes. Has their play been concerning? Yes. Is it over? No...not until this team is knocked out, for good.

Be pissed at *this* game. At *this* effort. I'm with you there 100%. I felt they did not play with the same energy as the Nets. Putting that all aside, it is one game. And be prepared...this team may have a similar result vs the Jazz too.

Hear hear!!!

Now give me Drummond and Beal lololll
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

dinwilddie won’t play again this season.

The game come down to joe Harris and TCL shot 11/15 from the 3 while our players were bricking one open 3 after another. gasol (2/4), Kuz (2/5) are the only ones shot decent.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Well that was exactly the game I was hoping it would not be. I was hoping even if we lost it would be a competitive and exciting game on national television. Yet it was not. I need a cup of tea.

Right there with ya buddy.

I’ve been adding lemon , honey ,and ginger to my green tea. The gingers the new kicker and it’s been great 👍

That sounds delish
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I doubt DS would have changed anything against the Nets. It would have just been him chucking instead of THT. AD would have made a difference but it would have been rough with them raining threes even with him.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
FOLKS!!!!

Hear hear!!!

If there is ANY way to get Beal, I'd unload everyone outside of LBJ and AD for him. No joke!
vancouverthrowback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

This team has zero chemistry and I mean zero. I want to see a 2018 Cavs esque trade deadline.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I’m not worried about the lost. That was expected with so many points on the bench. The shooting is the problem. It’s been consistently bad and I’m wondering who we can expect on the team to turn it around. KCP maybe? Who else?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
this years team just doesnt have it, not sure if its a chemistry thing or what but havent seen them play well for a while now. Im just glad we got last years ring and didnt come up empty in Lebron's time.

if Lakers were fully healthy you may have a point

they havent looked great recently when healthy. I think AD isn't playing well anyways and then we have other issues with Vogel not using Harrell the way the Clippers used him at center.

hope is that AD comes back and starts playing like he did in the playoffs last year and maybe we have a chance?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
FOLKS!!!!

It will be different come playoff time. This doesn’t phase Lebron or the Lakers.

Lebron has seen better Golden State teams. The Lakers have been in playoff wars that would make Harden piss his pants.

Take this L, learn from it and get healthy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

I’m guessing Spencer will not opt in next season and will be a free agent.
I’d love for the Lakers to bring him home to Woodland Hills.

No doubt we have better coverages against TLC and Harris we probably win. Did a great job on Kyrie , mediocre on Harden.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

dinwilddie won’t play again this season.

The game come down to joe Harris and TCL shot 11/15 from the 3 while our players were bricking one open 3 after another. gasol (2/4), Kuz (2/5) are the only ones shot decent.

Mad - agreed the 3 shooting was huge in this game. I bet if you look at every game over past few years, ANY team (lotto team too) that shoots something like 18-39 from 3, and their opponent goes a paltry 8-30...has won probably 90% of the time. You just cant allow that much successful 3 shooting and be that bad, you are really putting yourself in a hole.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

This was a humbling game. Tough to play without AD and Schroder but still humbling nonetheless.

And I agree. Something is off with this team...it’s a better roster with way more talent but it’s not clicking (yet). It’s been a good chunk of games now.

Lots of work to do. Start with a rim protector and go from there.

yup something is off and also AD hasnt played well consistently when he was in...it's weird because we have the top ranked defense but dont look great defensively and offense is Lebron bail us out or we're screwed so far
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
FOLKS!!!!

Hear hear!!!

If there is ANY way to get Beal, I'd unload everyone outside of LBJ and AD for him. No joke!

I have a thing for this team to get Drummond despite some of my fellow Laker fans telling me that would be bad. I honestly think he would be a tremendous add, having him and AD roam.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

lol mighty joe harris hitting consecutive 3s was insane. we never stood a chance with that kind of night from their shooters.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36
Jump to: