*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder (02/10/2021 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#26 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Can we get the man some rest?

Can WE get some? I'm worn out and I'm on a couch!

This!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Forget the OT, I hate how difficult it is for us to beat average / crappy teams.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Just as a side note...

IF the Lakers win their next 4 they will have the same record as they did last year...

Just saying
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I'd much rather Lebron back down a defender a few more feet than take the fadeaway. That weirdly seems like a higher percentage shot for him than a standard pullup
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

We've played 26 games and maybe given a strong effort in about 5 of them.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
I'd much rather Lebron back down a defender a few more feet than take the fadeaway. That weirdly seems like a higher percentage shot for him than a standard pullup

He's been knocking those type of shots all season. No problem with it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

If we play the Nets like this on the 18th, oh boy
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Whoops I wrote that wrong. I meant to say "I'd much rather Lebron back down a defender a few more feet and take the fadeaway."

As opposed to that contested jumper.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
LBJ saves the day. With 4.5 seconds left, OKC inbounds ball but LBJ jumps the pass, tips it, runs after the loose ball as it proceeds out of bounds, knocks it back into play, OKC gets it...but by that time best they can get off is a half court heave.

Lakers win 114-113.

But, yea. This game had everything good and bad about this Laker team...against a lotto team without its best player. Winning by 1.

3 straight games I think most of us are "ok, I'll take the W...but..."

The same can be said for all the rest of the title contenders this season minus Utah. (If Utah is even a real contender)

26 games in with 48 to go where not a finish product yet. We still got time to sharpen the tools

You are probably correct, but we don't want to be the like the others, ya know?

Plus what ails other teams is what ails them, I'm just not liking some of the bad habits this team is forming.

Fwiw I’m right there with you. I hate how we take soo many defensive sequences off and how we lack any real offensive execution with too much iso’s and step back threes.

I do believe a lot of it is riding that mentality of being exhausted with the ”long and useless” regular season mentality.

Sure it’s a dangerous game we are playing heading into the future but I gotta trust in Lebron, AD, and Vogel knowing what it takes building up towards the playoffs. We should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what’s best.

All we can hope and do for now
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

It would be like how we approached the Cavs game on Christmas Day of 2009 and Miami Heat of Christmas Day 2010. Boy times those elites teams used us as their measuring sticks and both times we looked at both teams as inferior and just "wanted to play our game" and both times we got our asses handed to us at Staples Center....not to mention we found out that Ron Artest really cannot guard Lebron James as Artest's strength meant nothing when Lebron can make a quick move and just around him, something Melo could not do because of Bron's elite athleticism
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

We play lazy, sloppy, uninspired basketball but we still win games lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

It would be like how we approached the Cavs game on Christmas Day of 2009 and Miami Heat of Christmas Day 2010. Boy times those elites teams used us as their measuring sticks and both times we looked at both teams as inferior and just "wanted to play our game" and both times we got our asses handed to us at Staples Center....not to mention we found out that Ron Artest really cannot guard Lebron James as Artest's strength meant nothing when Lebron can make a quick move and just around him, something Melo could not do because of Bron's elite athleticism

Yeah, we were toast against the HEAT even if we somehow made it past Dallas and OKC (2011, not 2010). LeBron on defense shut down Gasol by sort of “sitting down” on him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Dort wasn’t going to let Lebron get that close position to the basket especially with Horford as the double man.
Lebron was reading the defense hoping for Trezz , Kuz to get free. With Dennis and Wes on the perimeter.

Burning the clock and relying on getting a stop was the only play after the step back mid range jumper.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Yeah, we were toast against the HEAT even if we somehow made it past Dallas and OKC (2011, not 2010). LeBron on defense shut down Gasol by sort of “sitting down” on him.

Yeah I’m not buying that, EVER
Totally different vibe if it was the Finals.

Sure Lebron would of had his way with Ronny but I’m never doubting Kobe before the Achilles injury!
Like Kobe ever struggled scoring on Lebron or Dwade!!

Then you got Lamar who’s a wild card, Same for Bynum. PAU!
Bosh would of had his hands full.
Barnes and Shannon Brown to help with Dwade.
The following season where the Heat got Ray Allen, now that’s a different story on terms of defensive coverages.

In 2011 Both teams got obliterated by the Mavs three point shooting that season.
LAL/MIA For sure one of the great unknowns in basketball history.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

For sure, had we met Miami in 2012, the year they won, they would have destroyed us. I am 99.99% sure the 2012 Lakers were not beating the 2012 Heat. 2011 Heat though???? Lets put it this way...if our players came into the playoffs with the mindset of the 2010 team and Kobe could get his knee healthy, keep in mind that 2011 Bynum was noticeably better than 2010 Bynum to the point even though we got swept by Dallas, Bynum was the best defender on Dirk and Andrew really could own Tyson Chandler down low anytime he wanted to. Also against the Heat in 2011, I would have done a cross match and I am pretty damn sure Kobe (who was and could get in Lebron's head during this time) could have psyched him out as badly as Dallas did in their series. If Artest gave Wade space in the perimeter (instead of crowding the defender which is what he likes to do but leaves him vulnerable to quick attackers) and just looked to serve as a brick wall and cut off Wade's driving angles with his defensive iq, length and strength down low while giving up mid-range and three point jumpers, I think Wade would have been neutralized somewhat as well by Artest. Pau in hungry 2010 form would have outplayed Bosh. Lots of what ifs but to me the 2011 team had the capability of beating the 2011 heat if things broke right for them. The 2012 team, I feel was physically incapable of beating the Thunder or the Heat unless Sessions really woke the (bleep) up and took over but nothing in his career shows us that he could do that consistently and especially in the playoffs.

I remember specifically Game 4 vs the Thunder and the score was 94-90 and we were hanging on for dear life at home after they cut down our lead of 9-10 points. Kobe makes a typical patented fadeaway jumper in the right side in James Harden's face and Im screaming at the TV the whole time and Kobe scoring that basket does nothing for me because I got that feeling of dread that the better team was about to continue to walk us down as they were scoring much easier than we were. Their athleticism was giving us the same trouble that allowed them to destroy us in game 1 and allowed them to walk us down in game 2 to making silly mistakes at the end even though we followed our game plan to the tee in game 2. That loss in game 4 pretty much ended all hopes in 2012

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Yeah I’m not buying that, EVER
Totally different vibe if it was the Finals.

Sure Lebron would of had his way with Ronny but I’m never doubting Kobe before the Achilles injury!
Like Kobe ever struggled scoring on Lebron or Dwade!!

Then you got Lamar who’s a wild card, Same for Bynum. PAU!
Bosh would of had his hands full.
Barnes and Shannon Brown to help with Dwade.
The following season where the Heat got Ray Allen, now that’s a different story on terms of defensive coverages.

In 2011 Both teams got obliterated by the Mavs three point shooting that season.
LAL/MIA For sure one of the great unknowns in basketball history.

I actually agree with you on most things minus one. I always thought Wade did make Kobe work harder to score. D-Wade really was an excellent perimeter defender
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Lebron KLUTCH 3 to send it to Overtime 🥶🥶🥶

Lebron KLUTCH defensive play to ice the game 🥶🥶🥶

🦁👑🏀
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

The NBA super quick with this one as they are banking $$$ on our exhaustion :

“BEST MOMENTS From The Lakers Last 3 OT Wins!”
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Another pitiful performance, yet another win. Crazy!

I hope they get out of this “ going through the motions” phase of the season soon. Frustrating to watch and at some point it is going to start catching up to them.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject:

We cannot be keep on doing this with LeBron I know he seems super human but he is playing way too many minutes
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
The NBA super quick with this one as they are banking $$$ on our exhaustion :

“BEST MOMENTS From The Lakers Last 3 OT Wins!”

I thought the same thing last night. That was really quick
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Lebron KLUTCH 3 to send it to Overtime 🥶🥶🥶

Lebron KLUTCH defensive play to ice the game 🥶🥶🥶

🦁👑🏀

Year 18!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

I fully expected a close game but this is getting ridiculous!

NEXT GAME:

Memphis Grizzlies (10-10) @ Los Angeles Lakers (20-6)
      February 12, 2021 7:00 PM PST
      Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I just want a Lakers blowout, is that too much to ask for?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I just want a Lakers blowout, is that too much to ask for?

We are overdue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: