View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
The Lakers had a 20 point deficit and less than 6 minutes later the Lakers were taking an open 3 that would have tied the game. The type of clutch shot the Lakers have shot like 99% on all season long.

The Nuggets know they got lucky tonight.

If you think Denver got lucky tonight, then what do you call game 2?

Game 2 was the Lakers massively playing down to their opponent. When they were up by 5-10 points, they milked clock and overpassed. When the score was tied or they fell behind by 1, they scored quickly and easily every time.

Treble, I like to put fans in 5 categories, but I believe you deserve a 6th, all of your own

1. Centrist / very objective. These folks are rare, but do exist
2. Slightly pessimistic [by this I mean can be quick to criticize their club, not that they are always down on them]. I probably fall in this category - and so do many others on this board.
3. Very pessimistic [by this I mean they will always assume the worst, even if team is doing well and always go after team management no matter what since we're not like "fill in the blank." We have a few of those.
4. Slightly optimistic. I think, categorically from the game threads, these are runner up behind slightly pessimistic.
5. Very optimistic. We have very few of these that post.
6. Treble optimistic: Basically rainbows and sunshine blow our of our collective team's "you know whats-its" and everything is always "we're better than them"...it's alot like the Knight in the Monty Python movie who keeps having his arms, legs, etc chopped off but keeps thinking he is winning the fight. If other team "plays better" it's because we were merely resting. If we lose "it was a planned rest loss", and anytime our boys our down it is "giving them a head start to make it fair"

Not an attack my fellow purple and gold fan, but I thought you'd get a slight kick out of that.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

If this team matched Denver's intensity, it would be 3-0 Lakers right now. A lot of people fail to realize when the Lakers finally clamped down and got series the Nuggets literally couldn't stop them. They couldn't stop them from scoring and they couldn't score on them.

I like our chances still.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
The Lakers had a 20 point deficit and less than 6 minutes later the Lakers were taking an open 3 that would have tied the game. The type of clutch shot the Lakers have shot like 99% on all season long.

The Nuggets know they got lucky tonight.

If you think Denver got lucky tonight, then what do you call game 2?

Game 2 was the Lakers massively playing down to their opponent. When they were up by 5-10 points, they milked clock and overpassed. When the score was tied or they fell behind by 1, they scored quickly and easily every time.

Treble, I like to put fans in 5 categories, but I believe you deserve a 6th, all of your own

1. Centrist / very objective. These folks are rare, but do exist
2. Slightly pessimistic [by this I mean can be quick to criticize their club, not that they are always down on them]. I probably fall in this category - and so do many others on this board.
3. Very pessimistic [by this I mean they will always assume the worst, even if team is doing well and always go after team management no matter what since we're not like "fill in the blank." We have a few of those.
4. Slightly optimistic. I think, categorically from the game threads, these are runner up behind slightly pessimistic.
5. Very optimistic. We have very few of these that post.
6. Treble optimistic: Basically rainbows and sunshine blow our of our collective team's "you know whats-its" and everything is always "we're better than them"...it's alot like the Knight in the Monty Python movie who keeps having his arms, legs, etc chopped off but keeps thinking he is winning the fight. If other team "plays better" it's because we were merely resting. If we lose "it was a planned rest loss", and anytime our boys our down it is "giving them a head start to make it fair"

Not an attack my fellow purple and gold fan, but I thought you'd get a slight kick out of that.

Haha I think my optimism is only about this specific team though. They have had so many games where they just flip the switch and become unbeatable anytime they need to so I just expect it now.
starthetop
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject: starthetop

professional seo services
he then shot a very last-spherical 76 on the carmel, ind., path on wednesday to finish in a tie for 2nd with a 4-over 220, 4returned of winner john marshall butler.i played super,” daly ii advised the indianapolis megastar. “it'd had been cool to win, however i still have time. just a couple horrific 3-putts each days, however apart from that i played incredible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63
Page 63 of 63
Jump to: