Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I got to watch The Night Manager.

I've heard such great things about it, and the description of the show makes me think it'll be right in my wheelhouse.

It is.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Do yourself a favor. Don't watch Apple TV's Servant.

It's a good show. It's a well made show. But it is hopelessly mysterious and ambiguous. And until the series finale 2 years from now, nobody will know what's truly going on. Wish I never started watching it.

Screw you M. Night Shyamalan.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

WandaVision....... I’m tempted to make it’s own thread to talk spoilers...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Do it. I would love to discuss the show
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It's a good show. It's a well made show. But it is hopelessly mysterious and ambiguous. And until the series finale 2 years from now, nobody will know what's truly going on. Wish I never started watching it.

Haha. I binged season 1 after the season finale aired. When this season premiered I watched the first episode and then decided I’m just gonna wait for the season to end before I watch anymore. It definitely isn’t something that benefits from waiting week to week.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

What’s everyone’s opinion on The Man in The High Castle? I’m maybe halfway through season 1 and it’s okay but I wouldn’t say good or great. Does it get better?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

If you liked Bewitched you'll like WandaVision.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, Verizon on demand for TNT has the snowpiercer S2E1 playing S1E1, infuriating but the Honor on Showtime is good watch so far (first 3 ep)

Ok, the TNT app has the correct episodes for snowpiercer season 2. Still good.
The honor got a little too unbelievable once Carlo got caught but I’ll still follow
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Watched The Equalizer after the SB. It has promise. I don't see Queen Latifa doing many seasons if it's picked up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Latifa is an excellent rapper and surprising singer, and she’s an outsized (don’t mean that as fat shaming) personality and performer with a ton of charisma, but like many crossovers, she’s a remarkably meh actor with very little range and a penchant to play her characters as her idea of her stock persona.

Last edited by Omar Little on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Latifa is an excellent rapper and surprising singer, and she’s an outsized (don’t mean that as fat shaming) personality and performer with a ton of charisma, but like many crossovers, she’s a remarkably meh actor with very little range and a penchant to play her characters as her idea of persona.

So much for looking forward to watching The Equalizer . . . .
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

I am HOOKED on Wandavision. And I just saw that the final 3 episodes should be about an hour each.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Latifa is an excellent rapper and surprising singer, and she’s an outsized (don’t mean that as fat shaming) personality and performer with a ton of charisma, but like many crossovers, she’s a remarkably meh actor with very little range and a penchant to play her characters as her idea of persona.

Give it a peek. It's kinda like a Mangum PI-FBI-McGiver. The 2 I watched had heartwarming endings. It's evolving. She's going to be Private and CIA.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Haha. I binged season 1 after the season finale aired. When this season premiered I watched the first episode and then decided I’m just gonna wait for the season to end before I watch anymore. It definitely isn’t something that benefits from waiting week to week.

You are so right. I'm too hooked to stop now. It's soo good. And soo frustrating at the same time. I just want the whole story to leak somehow. I'm torturing myself watching it week to week.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Give it a peek. It's kinda like a Mangum PI-FBI-McGiver. The 2 I watched had heartwarming endings. It's evolving. She's going to be Private and CIA.

Or just go watch the original series (which actually had Mark "Hector" Margolis as a regular).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

Really enjoying CBS All Access series "Strange Angel" based on the life of Jack Parsons a fascinating character, a brilliant rocket scientist and his initiation into a secret occult society in 1930s and 40s Los Angeles.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject:

I finally got around to Dracula on Netflix (from the creators of Sherlock on bbc). I really liked it and think anyone who is a fan of their Sherlock show would enjoy this— they similarly took a character that everyone knows and somehow made it feel fresh. I also love that their “seasons” consist of 3 90-minute episodes so it’s essentially a movie trilogy worth of story.

I also started Bonding (also on Netflix) and am extremely impressed with it. I’d bet money that eventually this blows up in popularity. The only bummer is that some episodes aren’t even 15 minutes long.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Or just go watch the original series (which actually had Mark "Hector" Margolis as a regular).

I'll try to find that series.

I just watched the 3rd episode of The Equalizer. I like the series. If you like do-gooders you may like the series. The episodes I watched involves families in trouble. It also highlights the family life of Robyn McCall and the difficulties of doing good and raising a child.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Kikanga...need a new show my man. So far you have been on the ball.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I miss Peaky Blinders.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

I just discovered The Sinner on Netflix. The whole show is like peeling back an onion with so many layers, and Bill Pullman is outstanding.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

Watched the debut of The Falcon and the Winter Warrior. Didn't live up to the hype. The opening scene had action, not much after. Maybe it'll pick up.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I just discovered The Sinner on Netflix. The whole show is like peeling back an onion with so many layers, and Bill Pullman is outstanding.

Interesting. I have always found Pullman to be either really really good or really really annoying, no in between.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Interesting. I have always found Pullman to be either really really good or really really annoying, no in between.

He's really really good in this. Like a dark and damaged Colombo.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

He's really really good in this. Like a dark and damaged Colombo.

I thought the first two seasons were incredible. Just finished the third..definitely not as good but watchable. Each season is a new story with Pullman as the only consistent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 53 of 110
Jump to: