NFL.com writer Chris Wesseling has passed away

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: NFL.com writer Chris Wesseling has passed away

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/chris-wesseling-passes-away-from-cancer.html

Quote:
Long-time NFL.com writer and podcaster Chris Wesseling passes away from cancer, tributes pour in
Wesseling had been with NFL Media since 2013, and was a key figure in the Around The NFL written content and podcasts.

NFL.com has lost one of its long-time voices. Chris Wesseling joined NFL Media in 2013 after six years with NBC and Rotoworld, and quickly became a key figure in their Around The NFL content, both with written pieces and podcasts. Wesseling (seen above with his son Linc) had publicly spoken about battling cancer before, and his wife, Lakisha Jackson Wesseling (a digital editor for NFL.com), tweeted Saturday that he lost that fight this week.

Primis Player Placeholder

Here’s a larger version of that text tribute:

Ad Choices

SPONSORED CONTENT
The All-New Sienna
By Saatchi_National_New Car

Lakisha Jackson Wesseling's tribute to her husband Chris.

Tributes to Wesseling poured in on Twitter from his NFL Media colleagues and countless others who cover the league:

Thoughts are with you Lakisha. Chris gave myself and so many hours of entertainment over the years, he’ll be greatly missed.

— JD Bunkis (@JDBunkis) February 6, 2021

I’m so very sorry and hurt by this news … my family and I are praying for you 🙏🏻

— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) February 6, 2021

Lakisha, I am so so sorry to hear this and wish you a mountain of love and prayers.

— Melissa Jacobs (@thefootballgirl) February 6, 2021

I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss Lakisha. Sending you lots of love 💕💕💕💕

— Jackie Pepper ✊🏽☮️🌊 (@Jackie_Pepper) February 6, 2021

I’m so sorry, Lakisha. Chris was an incredible man. I was a huge fan of his before I came to work at the NFL and was even moreso after getting to know him. He was so authentically and unapologetically himself, committed to his work and friends. I’m lucky to have been one of them.

— Mark Pesavento (@markpesavento) February 6, 2021

Oh Lakisha, I am so, so sorry. I so loved listening to him on the podcast and reading his work over the years, and hearing about your beautiful love story. You and Linc are in my prayers.

— Lindsay Gibbs (@linzsports) February 6, 2021

Wesseling was a key figure in NFL coverage at all of NBC, Rotoworld, and NFL.com, and he’ll be greatly missed. Our thoughts go out to his friends and family.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I actually had some interactions with him on Twitter. This is a big, big loss to anyone that likes football and fantasy football. The guy was like a walking encyclopedia of knowledge, not only football knowledge but just of culture and the world around him. From all accounts he was an absolute sweetheart of a man. He leaves behind a wife and newborn son, making it all the more heartbreaking.

Cancer, man. Just not fair. May he rest in peace.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: