Let's all Laugh at the Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Many teams hate the Lakers because of their success. But most of these same teams respect the team, the organization, and the way we conduct ourselves, good time's or bad.

Not so the Clippers, I think all of the posing, the taunting, the whining just rubs most people the wrong way.

If we win another title this year, man the scoreboard will be sweet. maybe we give out our rings the night we play the Clippers, wouldn't hat be sweet?

Following up my earlier post, maybe we should also hand out little 2020 championship keychains to our players, and shake them towards the Clipper bench during the ring ceremony - like pouring salt on a snail!
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

Pre-season game one - Raise a temp Pacific Banner
Pre-Season game two - Raise a temp Western Conference banner
1st Clipper RS game - Ring Ceremony (And take down the Pacific + WC banners)
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Nice pick up of Ibaka, but I'm sure we will have our annual hearty laugh at them again.

Yep, he should push, Zubac to the bench..

So their starting five may be:
Kawhi
George
Ibaka
Morris
Beverly

ehh, not bad, but their bench is weaker, Zubac and Williams are not as scary as Harrell and Williams...

talking to raps fans Ibaka living off his defensive rep from OKC. Hes a shell of himself on that end and needed lowry to make him an offensive threat

Yeah, I talked to someone last night that watched a lot of Raptors games and he was saying his defense ranges from mediocre to awful most of the time and the majority of the time he was given the ball he was a complete black hole on offense.

I started looking around and found an article from I believe a Raptors fan that broke down just how much better the Raptors were both offensively and defensively when Marc started versus Ibaka. It was a pretty large difference, much more then I would have expected.

Plus Ibaka makes Zubac nearly unplayable now against us and some other teams as that second unit will be slow af and we'd run them to death. Zu on Trez or AD? Lou on Shroder? etc.

Hopefully the Clippers fill out there roster without a legitimate passing pg and I believe we'll have a pretty huge advantage. Games still have to be played but I love our chances against anyone in the West currently.

Saying all that, Ibaka is still a solid signing obviously I just think he saved them from being a possible late seed Playoff team to still being up there with Denver if things work out for them. They still have me waiting for some big move but considering there extreme lack of assets i'm not seeing how it happens.

Here's a memorable quote from Magic Johnson before he played his first game. IIRC, a reporter asked him how was he going to guard those fast, quick guards? Magic responded something like "the question is how are they going to guard me"? Ibaka is a great signing for them, but we have the most unique player in the game in Davis, and an all time great committed to maximizing his game.

Ibaka can't guard him, and now our astute VP of OPs has surrounded him & James with as much depth as a genie could grant with three wishes. The projected extraordinary depth will enable Vogel to keep our dynamic duo (plus possibly an addition to that in Schroder) fresh, and in the game when it matters most.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys believe Kawhi leg ‘injury’ is a real thing or did he make it up to get out of SA? IMO it’s all BS and he’s healthy he just did it to get out of playing for SA and sees regular season games as pointless which is why he misses so many games.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Do you guys believe Kawhi leg ‘injury’ is a real thing or did he make it up to get out of SA? IMO it’s all BS and he’s healthy he just did it to get out of playing for SA and sees regular season games as pointless which is why he misses so many games.

I think it is. His movement looked pretty hampered towards the end of their playoff run. His lateral movement was shot and he barely got any lift in game 7. I don't think it's going to get better for him either. We had a 4 months Covid induced break which is longer than even a normal off-season. Even WITH that rest, even WITH the high level of load management prior to the break, even playing bareley 30ish games after the break, he noticeably lost a step towards the end. I mean 30 something games and he's already breaking down?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nba.com/clippers/news/la-clippers-unveil-2020-21-nike-city-edition-uniform

Let this distract the few Clipper fans from the lack of improvements to the team during the offseason.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

You all see that PG13 interview where he basically throws Doc under the bus for how he used him (completely ignoring how Doc actually did what he claims Doc didn't do) and failing to make adjustments against Denver? Its so Paul George. Guy seriously can't even think about looking in the mirror. Most passive aggressive, weak minded "star" in the league.

I'm ashamed to admit now that when he was with Indiana pre-injury I thought of him as a potential heir apparent to Kobe. Man, things went downhill for him. Its all mental too. Maybe he has PTSD or something from his injury. He's such a strange story to me.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
You all see that PG13 interview where he basically throws Doc under the bus for how he used him (completely ignoring how Doc actually did what he claims Doc didn't do) and failing to make adjustments against Denver? Its so Paul George. Guy seriously can't even think about looking in the mirror. Most passive aggressive, weak minded "star" in the league.

I'm ashamed to admit now that when he was with Indiana pre-injury I thought of him as a potential heir apparent to Kobe. Man, things went downhill for him. Its all mental too. Maybe he has PTSD or something from his injury. He's such a strange story to me.

ESPN personalities took him to the woodshed.
PG13 comes out looking sad and petty considering he has done nothing in the playoffs.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

PG has been getting the business from a lot of media sources. This is what The Athletic says about him:

"With higher stakes and pressure, there were several blow-ups between players, with George often at the center of the tension, with teammates citing a lack of accountability from him.

In the first-round series versus Dallas, Williams and George exchanged expletives amid a heated disagreement about accountability, league sources said. In the Denver series, George and Harrell got into a verbal spat during a timeout in Game 2, as Yahoo Sports first reported.

George’s comments to the media about the team still being in the “driver’s seat” after losing Game 6 to Denver didn’t go over well with his teammates, league sources said. It was made worse by George and Jackson openly sulking together in the locker room over their poor performances, which rubbed some teammates the wrong way throughout the playoffs.

During Game 7, several players felt George (10 points on 4-of-16 shooting, four rebounds, two assists, one steal and one block in 38 minutes) didn’t play with the type of effort or sense of urgency that matched his public comments."
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Another milestone.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject:

How is a 51 point loss possible? With two of the alleged best players in the game currently. How does this happen?!?!?!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lmao!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
This Clipper organization’s track record is much more solid than this Laker organization’s track record. Sterling and Dr. Buss are gone.

Bump

Bump again

Bump
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
danzag wrote:
danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
This Clipper organization’s track record is much more solid than this Laker organization’s track record. Sterling and Dr. Buss are gone.

Bump

Bump again

Bump

Monday bump!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

The last 10 years I $hitted on the clippers every chance I could. Now I don’t feel the same level of intense hatred as I usually do. In fact after we won the chip I find myself rooting for the clippers against all the other teams except us. Not sure what happened. Maybe I’m just over it a rivalry that never began to begin with
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
The last 10 years I $hitted on the clippers every chance I could.

Don't you mean you pissed on them?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
999 wrote:
The last 10 years I $hitted on the clippers every chance I could.

Don't you mean you pissed on them?

Of course. Wait what happened to your other handle
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
danzag wrote:
danzag wrote:
danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Bump

Bump again

Bump

Monday bump!

Bump!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

lmmfao

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Hang a banner that says "Western Conference Finalists"
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Clipper boys and girls it’s that time of year again where on an easy Summer’s eve you gather around the old fire escape grasping tightly a freshly leaked cup of warm 999 joe, while sinking further into depression and pondering your choices. Why am I such a Clippers loving, Flat Earthing, Doomsday prepping, Anti-vaxin, son of a gun?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Clipper boys and girls it’s that time of year again where on an easy Summer’s eve you gather around the old fire escape grasping tightly a freshly leaked cup of warm 999 joe, while sinking further into depression and pondering your choices. Why am I such a Clippers loving, Flat Earthing, Doomsday prepping, Anti-vaxin, son of a gun?

Hahaha. You rock my man.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: