Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

As has been posed on this forum recently.

Maybe it is time to have DS just come off the bench with the bench crew. Have AC start with KCP.

I'd tell him to get over himself and start building chemistry with Trez because that's how he'll be used going forward.

DS should have been off of the bench all along. I think this could MAYBE clean up some of the issues.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

LOL post game show...Worthy and company bringing up the lack of size. The fact the lane can be attacked now.

They are being political about it but it's clear the message is "teams arent afraif to go at the Lakers creamy middle"
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Hate to say it but the Lakers front office is going to have to accept their L this offseason and make trades. It’s hard to trade guys who willingly came here but someone like Schroder should be in trade talks. Beal is only 27, his timeline matches AD and he’s a good playmaker. Moving Trezz might be hard. He came here and took a discount... that wouldn’t look good but I would trade him too. He doesn’t fit. I’d get a package together honestly, unfortunately it will likely include THT...
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

Maybe it is time to have DS just come off the bench with the bench crew. Have AC start with KCP.

I'd tell him to get over himself and start building chemistry with Trez because that's how he'll be used going forward.

DS should have been off of the bench all along. I think this could MAYBE clean up some of the issues.

DS hasn’t come off the bench because he was promised the starting spot to come here. That’s the problem. It’s selfish to the team because he’s clearly being wasted in the starting group
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

DS hasn’t come off the bench because he was promised the starting spot to come here. That’s the problem. It’s selfish to the team because he’s clearly being wasted in the starting group

Then I'd give him the option to accept a role or start packing his bags.

He was traded for. He doesn't get to dictate that.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

If a player does not have the team as top priority, that tends to spell trouble. Championships are super tough to win, no place for personal agendas.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

If a player does not have the team as top priority, that tends to spell trouble. Championships are super tough to win, no place for personal agendas.

That was the big leg up that we had last year. Literally everyone on that team pushed their agendas to the back burner and wanted to win a ring.

This year, the only ones that have that same (or even similar) heart from last year is LBJ, Caruso, THT, and sometimes Kuzma.

Kieff just doesn't seem to care, Gasol should just retire mid-season, and DS / Harrell want a payday.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

That was the big leg up that we had last year. Literally everyone on that team pushed their agendas to the back burner and wanted to win a ring.

This year, the only ones that have that same (or even similar) heart from last year is LBJ, Caruso, THT, and sometimes Kuzma.

Kieff just doesn't seem to care, Gasol should just retire mid-season, and DS / Harrell want a payday.

I'm sure the front office is aware of this, perhaps they just hoped that sheer talent plus LBJ would be enough..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Amazing how Vogel doesn’t have the guts to bench DS, Caruso brings more value in the starting line up with his chemistry with LeBron.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

This loss was predictable.

You knew DET would be ready, guys who were skipping games like Griffin suddenly come back to play this one - no surprise they get up to play the Lakers.

The Philly game took a lot of energy to mount that furious come back so you knew Lebron wouldn't have it in the tank either down the stretch. He was done for in the 4th, and we have no other game plan other than relying on Lebron all the time.

I'm not ready to give up on guys like Trezz and Schroeder who have looked good at diff times but Vogel has to figure out his rotation. THT is clearly outplaying Matthews and Caruso needs to be out there with the starters more.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

I don't think it's fair to say Kuzma "sometimes". As much as people rag on him, Kuz has done nothing but sacrifice, and change, his game to suit what the team needs. At least recognize that much.

As for the other players, those seem to be fair assesments. Gasol is humble, but he honestly seems washed. I hate to say it, but he's playing with no rhythm, or confidence.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
LOL post game show...Worthy and company bringing up the lack of size. The fact the lane can be attacked now.

They are being political about it but it's clear the message is "teams arent afraif to go at the Lakers creamy middle"

So in other words, they all agree with me about McGee/Dwight > Harrell/Gasol, and yet I get attacked relentlessly when I write about what everyone else seems to see clearly.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

I don't think it's fair to say Kuzma "sometimes". As much as people rag on him, Kuz has done nothing but sacrifice, and change, his game to suit what the team needs. At least recognize that much.

As for the other players, those seem to be fair assesments. Gasol is humble, but he honestly seems washed. I hate to say it, but he's playing with no rhythm, or confidence.

No doubt. I agree that Kuzma has gone above and beyond for the team, but what I was saying was that Kuzma sometimes doesn't approach the game with the same amount of heart. Sometimes he just kind of looks lost or lazy.

But yes, Kuzma has stepped up on the whole this year.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Think they were just tired??
Hope there are no chemistry issues

Well, we have a bloated center who has no business starting for a championship team. Gasol doesn't even bother to even look and the damn net. At least fake a shot.

Then you have Kieff, who seems like he's rather be home playing Xbox.

You have Matthews who's only true purpose is to make Laker fans actually MISS Danny Green.

You got Katavious Caldwell "I'll-play-good-every-5th-game" Pope, collecting huge paychecks for making about 2 more baskets than I can make.

You got AD, who reminds me of the gigantic Marshmellow man in the original Ghost Busters

And you got a bunch of other guys who ride the bench so hard they have pine prints permanently imprinted in their buttocks.

Now I'm getting mad.

Can you send this post to the Lakers FO? I love it.

anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Before we all panic, let’s wait and see if the team regroups.
A week ago, we weren’t all panicking...
Ok, two bad games in the road....they aren’t the first team to do this...
Let’s see what happens
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
DrDent wrote:

So in other words, they all agree with me about McGee/Dwight > Harrell/Gasol, and yet I get attacked relentlessly when I write about what everyone else seems to see clearly.

There's a few hurdles you are dealing with Troy, which explains that:

1. Those who were ok deferring to Rob's choice (I'm in that category). Was I concerned? Yes, but I said ok, he earned the right with a ring to shift some things.
2. The Lakers not playing their bigs in some of the playoff series last year.
3. Stat citing - there were stats posted, maybe a week ago, about how the Lakers D up to that point was pretty much as good as last year's.

There's issues with all the above. I put my concern aside because I'm not a professional team GM. #2 was all based on matchups for series, but during the regular season the Lakers were defined by being big and long. Point #3 is fine and dandy, except the Lakers have indirectly stat padded vs lesser teams this year so far and/or playoff type teams not at full strength.

I'll say this. 7-3 first 10 games. 7-3 second 10 games. That's "ok", but I am concerned that I can only identify so far in 20 games 1 true quality win vs a team at full strength, with no disgruntled (Harden) star.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

No doubt. I agree that Kuzma has gone above and beyond for the team, but what I was saying was that Kuzma sometimes doesn't approach the game with the same amount of heart. Sometimes he just kind of looks lost or lazy.

I hear you. And, my opinion on this is, Kuzma is trying to hard to play mistake free basketball. He hesitates sometimes on shots/drives, because he doesn't want to look like he's trying to play hero ball. He's trying real hard to play team ball. It throws him off rhythm, at times. It is, what it is...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Let’s see what happens

I need to see piss n vinegar from these guys for an extended period of games after tonight's garbage disposal game.

If they ho hum again or have stretches of lackluster...yea, I'll be concerned.

I also find it interesting tonight Rob was asked about changes and of course he gave the stock answer of "always looking to improve"; but the timing of it is noticeable.

Would not shock me if DS and Trez are moved for other pieces if things do not improve over next 10 game period...e.g. winning vs bad teams, struggling vs average+ teams.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

One of the easiest ways to get this team back on track would be to get MgGee back on the team and currently he is on a team with too many bigs

Get a shot blocker with size back onto the team.....solves a lot of issues right away

By the way....I could give a rats ass if DS was promised a starting spot....he isnt playing like a starter right now and its a business.

Let him EARN that starting spot
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought:

I hear you. And, my opinion on this is, Kuzma is trying to hard to play mistake free basketball. He hesitates sometimes on shots/drives, because he doesn't want to look like he's trying to play hero ball. He's trying real hard to play team ball. It throws him off rhythm, at times. It is, what it is...

Trust me, of most of the team, Kuzma is the least of my worries.

I'll admit that he has really stepped it up this year.

His occasionally hesitancy / inconsistency and goofy, low IQ plays are really the only negatives I have about him this year.

He's far from being the weak link that he was last year, especially since we have a whole cast of candidates for that crown.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
One of the easiest ways to get this team back on track would be to get MgGee back on the team and currently he is on a team with too many bigs

Get a shot blocker with size back onto the team.....solves a lot of issues right away

By the way....I could give a rats ass if DS was promised a starting spot....he isnt playing like a starter right now and its a business.

Let him EARN that starting spot

DS has played some terrific ball on both ends *in spurts*; but I was concerned about him dictating being a starter as well in pre-season. Last year's team was all about everyone buying in to do whatever to win. They knew the pecking order, AD/LBJ and everyone else.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Think they were just tired??
Hope there are no chemistry issues

Well, we have a bloated center who has no business starting for a championship team. Gasol doesn't even bother to even look and the damn net. At least fake a shot.

Then you have Kieff, who seems like he's rather be home playing Xbox.

You have Matthews who's only true purpose is to make Laker fans actually MISS Danny Green.

You got Katavious Caldwell "I'll-play-good-every-5th-game" Pope, collecting huge paychecks for making about 2 more baskets than I can make.

You got AD, who reminds me of the gigantic Marshmellow man in the original Ghost Busters

And you got a bunch of other guys who ride the bench so hard they have pine prints permanently imprinted in their buttocks.

Now I'm getting mad.

Can you send this post to the Lakers FO? I love it.

The “Now I’m getting mad” is all of us lol
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Let’s see what happens

We have the Celtics on Saturday. We lose that game... everyone will panic
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Lebron should of just load managed with AD.

The pistons aren’t the only bottom feeder team who’s gonna come at us extra hard this season. As a ball player you use whatever motivation you can get and what better way than to get a win against the reigning World Champs.
Going forward I can either see the Pistons going on a win streak gassed up from beating us or just bottoming out again and losing to the Wizards lol.

We all should expect other bum franchises like the Knicks, Kings, Hawks next Monday, Hornets ext. to take us to the limit. An of course the better teams will rise up extra against us as well.

Sure would of been nice to prevent these past two losses but I constantly gotta remind myself its only the regular season. Definitely better to get our teeth kicked in now so we can find out what we need to do (trades, free agency ext.) going into the playoffs.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Chemistry can only get built up to a certain degree. This is who we are.
I’ve always said by game 20 we should get a much better idea what kind of team we got.

With all that said not sure if a trade would benefit us
What team wouldn’t try to fleece us?

I’m with the majority that Vogel gotta shake up the lineups.
Like a few mentioned earlier, I’m all for AC starting or at least giving Wes a chance next to KCP with the big guard lineups like we had last season. Who knows Wes could possibly play much better with an induced role just like the success he had with Milwaukee last season.

Also moving Dennis to the bench could possibly open up Trezz’s game more. Trezz feasted with Lou Williams feeding him during his entire Clippers tenure. These past couple games Trezz has looked like George Lynch or Cory Blount LoL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: