Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

they barely win against weak teams, and people labeling them as best in the East?

I don’t get the hype. Those three stars don’t play defense.

Honestly the Sixers defense isn’t the greatest. An just like we utilized Dwight in the playoffs he’s no where to be found in crunch time.

Ben is the only one who is a solid defensive threat.
Joel is slow and AD ran circles around him tonight while not having his best game and we still almost won.

I can see Brooklyn’s big three going off on this Sixers squad.
We will see next Saturday as Brooklyn comes to Philly 2/6/21

Why does it sound like you guys are rooting on the Nets over the 76ers? I hope the Sixers crush them
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Vogel earning that tech hurts more now. In a 1 point game you start to remember everything. Not a good night from him

You can also say if Vogel didn’t get that tech while we were down by 9 it wouldn’t have a lit a fire on there asses.

We looked brain dead for most of the game and every time we cut the lead down to 1-2 points we would totally let our foot off the gas.

I’d like to blame AD on all those missed free throws tonight
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

they barely win against weak teams, and people labeling them as best in the East?

Honestly the Sixers defense isn’t the greatest. An just like we utilized Dwight in the playoffs he’s no where to be found in crunch time.

Joel is slow and AD ran circles around him tonight while not having his best game and we still almost won.

Why does it sound like you guys are rooting on the Nets over the 76ers? I hope the Sixers crush them
they are just too afraid of the Nets specially Durant, most guys here label Durant as God. For them if Lebron is a king, Durant is god. lmfao

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
vancouverthrowback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I hope Pelinka is hitting up the Wizards tonight
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Fwiw if I can have it my way I’d love for the Heat to crush them both lol.
You never know when Jimmy gets back.....

In all seriousness I just got that gut feeling the Nets will figure it out come playoff time. Figure it out without having defense but just obliterating the East with their offensive punch.

Like when I think of the best defensive teams in the NBA and I’m not being biased it’s the Lakers and Clippers. Sure with our losses to the Warriors and Philly tonight as bad examples when we buckle down and really defend we are tough to beat.

Can’t say that for Philly they let us back in the game down by 12 in like 1 minute.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Fwiw if I can have it my way I’d love for the Heat to crush them both lol.
You never know when Jimmy gets back.....

In all seriousness I just got that gut feeling the Nets will figure it out come playoff time. Figure it out without having defense but just obliterating the East with their offensive punch.

Like when I think of the best defensive teams in the NBA and I’m not being biased it’s the Lakers and Clippers. Sure with our losses to the Warriors and Philly tonight as bad examples when we buckle down and really defend we are tough to beat.

Can’t say that for Philly they let us back in the game down by 12 in like 1 minute.

I am more worried about this Sixers than the Nets, Lakers need to figure out how to stop Embiid without draining too much energy on AD. But with a defense maesteo like Vogel, they will figure out how to limit him. As for Seth Curry, I think Lakers can shut him down every game, too much defensive guards swarming him. And we know hiw big Seth Curry's role in this team.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

vancouverthrowback wrote:

Yeah Bradley scoring 47 tonight looked soo effortless.
He’s making 28 mill , 34 mill and then 37 after that.

We’re not winning with just Lebron, AD, Bradley, Cacok, and Kostas Antetkuompo
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Vogel earning that tech hurts more now. In a 1 point game you start to remember everything. Not a good night from him

and so was Lebron's flagrant on Embiid.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
vancouverthrowback wrote:

Yeah Bradley scoring 47 tonight looked soo effortless.
He’s making 28 mill , 34 mill and then 37 after that.

We’re not winning with just Lebron, AD, Bradley, Cacok, and Kostas Antetkuompo

LMFAO, I dont know why they are so afraid of the Nets to the point they want to break this solid Lakers roster. Looks like defense became irrelevant for these scaredy cats after Nets formed their big 3
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
If Lebron didn't switch Curry would've shot a wide open three

that is assuming Lebron is not confident enough to take Harris one on one, and would need help,

and assuming help would come off Curry, who was at the opposite end of the court...

I'd say that happening was pretty slim.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Kieff had a great stretch in the bubble, but he’s back to low bball iq kieff from his Suns and Wizards days.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I am more worried about this Sixers than the Nets, Lakers need to figure out how to stop Embiid without draining too much energy on AD. But with a defense maesteo like Vogel, they will figure out how to limit him. As for Seth Curry, I think Lakers can shut him down every game, too much defensive guards swarming him. And we know hiw big Seth Curry's role in this team.

That’s legit and definitely a more safer bet to go with Philly.
As for me it’s hard to bet against KD and the way he’s rollin.

An as for Embiid I really like how AD exposed him in a lot of areas tonight. Sure Embiid had some solid numbers but AD was too quick for him and that post fade-away won’t work if they meet in the Finals. AD had a bad game for his standards and he still almost pulled off the W.

I can see major adjustments to get Trezz going in the future showdowns.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Embiid grabbed ADs jersey forcing AD to twist around to break free and then he draped his arms and himself over AD's shoulders in back of AD holding him down....keeping him from blocking the shot. Ref was right there and didn't call it. We should've won that at the end.

I'm going to watch that, but I did notice this bunch of sorry excuse for a crew of refs who should be tossed out of the league were allowing the Sixers to play "dirty", as in grab jerseys, hold, etc, and swallow their whistles over and over.

The biggest example of this is when there was a play that a pass to LBJ went to where he was not at the top of the key (from the Lakers side towards the Sixers basket). The refs finally called such a foul there for holding/grabbing, but you could see LBJ still heated about, as he looked at the refs and raised his arms up in a "see what I mean?!" gesture.

I think the lakers, and probably Vog, were trying to get this junk arse ugly moronic idiotic loser crew to start calling more, but they did not, so of course when you let kids punch and kick...they punch and kick.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Fwiw I’m not even mad at Lebron for checking Embiid on that play. Not trying to be bush league as well.
An tbh Joel was gassing it up more like he got massacred to get that flagrant lol

Embiid gets away with a lot of cheap tacky holds and fouls. I feel it’s the international basketball player in his dna lol
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Just a bizzare game all around. Lakers played like crap every 6th minute for about a good 3 minutes. Refs were bleeping awful and should be sent to G league to learn. Meanwhile, Sixers were hitting clutch shots all night.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Would have liked to see Lebron on Harris there. You knew he was their only real shot creator in a 1 on 1 situation like that.

Vogel was spotty in this one also. Have to have a timeout in that situation and his sub pattern was really odd

I'm glad you brought that up. I have not looked but I could swear that at least 4 of the last 5, or maybe 5 of last 6 games Lakers have been blowing through timeouts in the first 3 quarters like they had an infinite number. For some reason of late every time I see the Lakers start the 4th they are down to like maybe 2 timeouts.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Just a bizzare game all around. Lakers played like crap every 6th minute for about a good 3 minutes. Refs were bleeping awful and should be sent to G league to learn. Meanwhile, Sixers were hitting clutch shots all night.

Definitely a weird game for us Doc!

AD missing 5 free throws 😤😤😤 shooting 50% 5-10

Montrezl with a doughnut 🍩🍩🍩0 points, 1 shot attempt , 1 rebound, 3 steals , 4 fouls.

If we get our regular season rematch with them at Staples in Part 2 of the schedule, I expect a much more focused effort all around from our squad.

Only silver lining points I can think of is we didn’t play well from top to bottom and still almost pulled out the W
and Danny and Dwight get their “Revenge” 😂🤣😂
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Embiid grabbed ADs jersey forcing AD to twist around to break free and then he draped his arms and himself over AD's shoulders in back of AD holding him down....keeping him from blocking the shot. Ref was right there and didn't call it. We should've won that at the end.

I'm going to watch that, but I did notice this bunch of sorry excuse for a crew of refs who should be tossed out of the league were allowing the Sixers to play "dirty", as in grab jerseys, hold, etc, and swallow their whistles over and over.

The biggest example of this is when there was a play that a pass to LBJ went to where he was not at the top of the key (from the Lakers side towards the Sixers basket). The refs finally called such a foul there for holding/grabbing, but you could see LBJ still heated about, as he looked at the refs and raised his arms up in a "see what I mean?!" gesture.

I think the lakers, and probably Vog, were trying to get this junk arse ugly moronic idiotic loser crew to start calling more, but they did not, so of course when you let kids punch and kick...they punch and kick.

Just watched the replay and I concur with Kobe - to me it looked like he grabbed and began to walk AD under the basket as Harris started into his jumper. I believe an offensive foul shoulda been called on that nonsense.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

LeBron hasn’t gotten a flagrant since 2014 and still don’t it was a flagrant. I could be wrong but Vogel got that tech in the 4th in the midst of a terrible stretch on both ends
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

You can also say if Vogel didn’t get that tech while we were down by 9 it wouldn’t have a lit a fire on there asses.

We looked brain dead for most of the game and every time we cut the lead down to 1-2 points we would totally let our foot off the gas.

I’d like to blame AD on all those missed free throws tonight

You could say that but honestly, as poor as he’s been, DS is responsible for that comeback. If he doesn’t breathe life back into the team then Bron doesn’t return and so on and so on. There’s blame to go around but Vogel didn’t coach the best game. We can’t continue to survive that 3 forward lineup to start the 2nd and 4th quarters
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Vogel keeping Schroder in the game for the last defensive possession was a head scratcher to me. He was forced to guard Simmons.

Surprised he didn't go for more size with Kuzma or Wes.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Would have liked to see Lebron on Harris there. You knew he was their only real shot creator in a 1 on 1 situation like that.

Vogel was spotty in this one also. Have to have a timeout in that situation and his sub pattern was really odd

it always pisses me of, with how much arrogance a fan forum poster thinks he knows more than a professional coach....its unreal
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Vogel keeping Schroder in the game for the last defensive possession was a head scratcher to me. He was forced to guard Simmons.

Surprised he didn't go for more size with Kuzma or Wes.

It didn’t matter, once AC was switched on to Harris, we could only hope he missed at that point
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
troy wrote:
Remember now, we played like crap and almost beat the #1 team in the East.

The Sixers are the #1 seed in the East by default only because the Nets just acquired James Harden so there is gonna be a shift soon.

They have to make changes to that team or it won't shift in Brooklyn's favor.

Since Harden got there, they are 3-2 with back-to-back losses to Cleveland, wins over Miami without Jimmy or Herro, and a win over a .500 Atlanta team. In those 5 games, they are allowing an ASTONISHING 122 points / game.

Great offensive players can't be stopped but they can be slowed down with good defense. But if you don't play defense you pretty much have no chance to win a championship.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject:

Lose by 1

When Davis and Lebron combine for MISS 8 FT's combined...

yeah team...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44
Jump to: