CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What exactly do the Clips have that OKC would want for CP3?

Zubac? Nah. They are paying Adams 25m/year.

Lou/Bev? Not exactly the guys that fit OKC's rebuild culture.

I doubt Harrell agrees to be S&T to OKC.

And oh, OKC has most of the Clips future 1st in the next 6-7 years. I don't see how they have anywhere near the assets to get CP3.

Look...any team is capable of doing anything...except the Lakers.

Anything is possible for any team, except the Lakers.

Are you and VLF secret email buddies?

he is being sarcastic.

dont feed the VLF troll jodeke

I don't think VLF's a troll. He's opinionated and many times way off base but I don't think he purposely trolls. IMO he's just uninformed. He's the only mod I've ever gotten into heated debates with. I kinda like the guy.

thats exactly why he is an attention seeking troll
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

What do you guys think about Westbrook?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

IDK. Start a 69 page Westbrook thread and we’ll find out. 😂
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Why don’t we just rename this thread: Current and Former Disgruntled Rockets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

He should stay in Houston
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Why don’t we just rename this thread: Current and Former Disgruntled Rockets.

😝
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
Time to lock this up.

Stephen A was just on First Take and said flat out CP3 doesn't want to play for the Lakers because they already won a championship and he doesn't want to take the easy route to a championship. Basically said CP3 wants to be a major reason a team wins a championship. He mentioned the Clippers as the team he wants.

Makes sense because CP3 despite being friends with LeBron likes to be the alpha on the team.

Not that I thought we were getting him anyway but this pretty much confirms he's not coming even if he wanted to.

The feeling is mutual. I never wanted him anyways. Glad I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Kawhi recruiting CP3 is funny, it's not like he's a free agent, unless Kawhi has turned his back on PG13 and get him traded since he sees CP3 as his newest mistress.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What exactly do the Clips have that OKC would want for CP3?

Zubac? Nah. They are paying Adams 25m/year.

Lou/Bev? Not exactly the guys that fit OKC's rebuild culture.

I doubt Harrell agrees to be S&T to OKC.

And oh, OKC has most of the Clips future 1st in the next 6-7 years. I don't see how they have anywhere near the assets to get CP3.

Look...any team is capable of doing anything...except the Lakers.

Anything is possible for any team, except the Lakers.

Are you and VLF secret email buddies?

he is being sarcastic.

dont feed the VLF troll jodeke

I don't think VLF's a troll. He's opinionated and many times way off base but I don't think he purposely trolls. IMO he's just uninformed. He's the only mod I've ever gotten into heated debates with. I kinda like the guy.

thats exactly why he is an attention seeking troll

Didn't say he wasn't attention seeking. In fact I implied that in a post to him. I stand by I don't think he's a troll. I think VLF gets a kick out of pulling people's chains.
Quote:
C'mon man. We just brought the Larry O'Brien back to Staples.

You need attention? I have a lonely rescue dog who'd make a great addition to your family. You still my peeps.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I stand by I don't think he's a troll. I think VLF gets a kick out of pulling people's chains.

VLF likes to get a rise out of his fanboys. Personally, I'd like to see a lot fewer posts about whether VLF is a troll or a Clippers fan, whether he should be banned, or whether we should have an ignore feature. This seems to flare up about once a week.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I stand by I don't think he's a troll. I think VLF gets a kick out of pulling people's chains.

VLF likes to get a rise out of his fanboys. Personally, I'd like to see a lot fewer posts about whether VLF is a troll or a Clippers fan, whether he should be banned, or whether we should have an ignore feature. This seems to flare up about once a week.

Yeah, I’m sure most of us came to these “grounds” to talk Laker hoops...not troll hunting.

There are some solid b-ball takes here and if members just kept it at that, we’d have some solid and constructive back and forths here.

Bottomline: Ventura knows his hoops and the folks disagreeing with his takes know their hoops as well. Just stick to that discussion fam...what y’all say we hug it out?

Anyways back to hoops...the real rival is Boston and they got assets. I’m really hoping they don’t land Cp3, Jrue or whatever worthy 2way playmaker. We need to continue on the up and up, while they continue to stall. I just finally want to one up those dbags.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Agree. If one disagrees, state it and move on.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Oh my, Paul George for Chris Paul trade incoming ... because that's the only way salaries match (they aren't S&Ting Harrell to OKC for 30 mil )
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Oh my, Paul George for Chris Paul trade incoming ... because that's the only way salaries match (they aren't S&Ting Harrell to OKC for 30 mil )

That would be amusing if PG got shipped out after everything he did spurning the Lakers and OKC.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

That would be amusing if PG got shipped out after everything he did spurning the Lakers and OKC.

It would be hilarious seeing him back at OKC without Westbrook as well
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

Playoff P was always going to be the scapegoat if they lost. The only question is Presti willing to deal with the Clippers and help them given all those picks.

CP3 (if he stays healthy) would make the Clippers formidable. PG is a choker and Harrell is unplayable in key playoff matchups.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, I’m sure most of us came to these “grounds” to talk Laker hoops...not troll hunting.

There are some solid b-ball takes here and if members just kept it at that, we’d have some solid and constructive back and forths here.

Bottomline: Ventura knows his hoops and the folks disagreeing with his takes know their hoops as well. Just stick to that discussion fam...what y’all say we hug it out?

Anyways back to hoops...the real rival is Boston and they got assets. I’m really hoping they don’t land Cp3, Jrue or whatever worthy 2way playmaker. We need to continue on the up and up, while they continue to stall. I just finally want to one up those dbags.

Fans aren't giving the Celtics enough credit. They have a young talented squad. They're only missing a peice or 2. Injuries hurt them last year. I'd be on the lookout for Brooklyn. I don't think they'll go anywhere. They have the talent. I don't think they have the right leadership. IMO D'Antoni and Nash aren't the right leaders.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

as much as i hate PG, i think that's actually a plus for him playing without WB in OKC.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Fans are not giving the Celtics enough credit. They have a young talented squad. They're only missing a peice or 2. Injuries hurt them last year. I'd be on the lookout for Brooklyn. I don't think they'll go anywhere. They have the talent. IMO they don't have the right leadership. IMO D'Antoni and Nash aren't the right leaders.

They have one more year before they need to start paying people. Tatum for example will be paid 9 mil this season then the max afterward. Brown was getting paid 6.5 million last season, will be getting paid 23 million this season. Haywood is getting paid 34 million this season, so he's gone next year almost certainly. Take into account a decreasing salary cap with Covid and their ability to bring in anyone else is reduced. Though they do have great assets for a trade
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
drae wrote:
ducasse wrote:
drae wrote:

as much as i hate PG, i think that's actually a plus for him playing without WB in OKC.

Presti: c'mon Kawhi, one more pick and you get your CP3, you won't even be around then
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If Chris Paul cannot land on a contender via trade, @WindhorstESPN
believes CP3 would prefer to play for a team closer to his home in LA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1326995915085758465
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
If Chris Paul cannot land on a contender via trade, @WindhorstESPN
believes CP3 would prefer to play for a team closer to his home in LA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1326995915085758465

not a contender... so no Lakers, Clippers, Warriors

Is Phoenix that close? Portland?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Banning him would accomplish this.

But in seriousness...I swipe on by 95% of his posts and have no doubt he's a former Laker fan that backed the wrong Buss. He's taken a principled stand to despise her publicly in loyalty of Jimmy.

That Jeannie got Bron and then won it all the very next year making moves just like Dr. Buss used to just makes the hatred for her grow like he's got a little Emperor Palpatine imploring him to let the hate flow through him, but not realizing he's no jedi.

VLF is a good conversation starter and is either ignorant or intentionally inflammatory out of enjoyment.

He's not my cup of tea but is good for LG. It's nice having a resident pot stirrer.

#BannersOverBillboards
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Fans are not giving the Celtics enough credit. They have a young talented squad. They're only missing a peice or 2. Injuries hurt them last year. I'd be on the lookout for Brooklyn. I don't think they'll go anywhere. They have the talent. IMO they don't have the right leadership. IMO D'Antoni and Nash aren't the right leaders.

They have one more year before they need to start paying people. Tatum for example will be paid 9 mil this season then the max afterward. Brown was getting paid 6.5 million last season, will be getting paid 23 million this season. Haywood is getting paid 34 million this season, so he's gone next year almost certainly. Take into account a decreasing salary cap with Covid and their ability to bring in anyone else is reduced. Though they do have great assets for a trade

OK they have one more year. We're talking about next season. I don't think Hayward's not going anywhere. The Celts will match any offer.

The salary cap and COVID is going to be a challenge for every team. The Lakers face the same challenges.

He's no Jerry West but Ainge's a good GM. He'll keep the Celtics relative. Pelenka's new to the chair. I hope he can meet the coming challenge.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Presti trying hard to get something and CP3 only really interested in LA lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 68 of 69
Jump to: