LAKERS -vs- HEAT - 9/30 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Three more to #17! No let down Lakers, let's bring out the brooms and sweep this season to a close, healthy and ready for more chips.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
DrDent wrote:

And a shout out to our scrappers - AC, KCP, DG, Rondo, Dwight, and yes Kieff is slowly entering that zone too. They dont get too much respect from the Media, and they showed up big tonight. Again, just one game, but once the Laker engine revved up they just looked like they want it more.

This bears repeating. Our 2 superstars are awesome, but the supporting cast is also showing their worth when it matters, with a title on the line. These guys don't get the respect they deserve, but each of these guys are playing exactly like the championship level role players we've always wished we had these last several years. Great team play, defensive intensity, flat-out hustle and scrapping, intelligent ball movement, and last but not least, buying in to the game planning of a great defensive minded coach and his staff.

I don't see one ounce of bickering on this team either. Love seeing this level of focus.

100% agreed.

You know that Clipper advertising "we before me?"

Yep. That's our scrapper / grinder guys. They stick their nose to the grindstone, do the gritty work, and do their roles. BTW, I dont know if this happens to you, but when AC comes in I always feel he is going to help in some way that allows the Lakers to get a run - whether its scrambling for a loose ball, tipping a pass, cutting for the easy basket, etc...most of the time that seems to happen. Hoping this continues for 3 more wins!
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DrDent wrote:

My biggest gripe was when they let the foot off the gas...eesh, they can look fairly off. Their offense just went total lazy 3 point chucker mode and it was excruciating.

Sometimes I feel like LeBron is managing risk when he has a big lead. He's like, not worth it to attack right now. I want to shoot threes or pass. Probably best to put him in the post then. And with that micro ball, we're all standing around on the perimeter. Just get him in the post, penetration via the pass. Then work it inside out from there or back someone down/attack if the doubles don't come. He's the engine and we just put it in cruise control too often in those situations.

They play less physical to avoid injury. Their calculation cant be faulted because they've as yet never been "flipped" and lost - as frustrating as it might seem to fans. Seriously, I think we're seeing the absolute best game management the league's ever seen balancing out current game need vs rest-of-the-series health.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
One down, three more to go!

#Job Not Finished
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Great writeup DB!

I agree with others in here as well we can really grind to a near halt at times when getting big leads but I think overall you got to give them credit because I watched all the other "elite" teams also get big leads but not only lose them but lose the game as well. These Lakers have done a great job of not allowing teams to come back and "steal" one throughout this entire Postseason.

I believe a lot of that is due to the absolutely demoralizing level of defense we can apply late in games when necessary which allows us to get a lead back or keep the opponent from accomplishing a complete come back even when the offense doesn't start clicking again.

Not to mention we have exclusive rights to the two best cheat codes in the entire NBA.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Interested in what roster we will be facing next game if neither Dragic nor Bam can go. Nunn probably starts and we see both bigs. I think maybe Miami plays it more like the Nuggets defensively with packing the paint (although they might be a little gun shy with how we drilled threes early). They have to play more zone. I wonder if they could switch to zone if AD gets a mismatch to try to help there but not get destroyed like they did with their crappy doubles.

Offensively they try to go five out with their bigs and pull us from the rim. Or attack Dwight with Nunn on the pick and pops. Probably more handoffs. They need more shots off those.

If we are wearing the Mambas, Miami is in trouble regardless.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Interested in what roster we will be facing next game if neither Dragic nor Bam can go. Nunn probably starts and we see both bigs. I think maybe Miami plays it more like the Nuggets defensively with packing the paint (although they might be a little gun shy with how we drilled threes early). They have to play more zone. I wonder if they could switch to zone if AD gets a mismatch to try to help there but not get destroyed like they did with their crappy doubles.

Offensively they try to go five out with their bigs and pull us from the rim. Or attack Dwight with Nunn on the pick and pops. Probably more handoffs. They need more shots off those.

Unfortunately for Miami, LeBron would just LOVE to see Olynk, Leonard, etc. So many good matchups for him to hunt. And if he gets it via the AD p/r, even better because that leaves one of crowder, butler, or iggy on AD, with Olynk or Leonard on LeBron
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Unfortunately for Miami, LeBron would just LOVE to see Olynk, Leonard, etc. So many good matchups for him to hunt. And if he gets it via the AD p/r, even better because that leaves one of crowder, butler, or iggy on AD, with Olynk or Leonard on LeBron

Agree with all that. I seen some talk of people saying they should bring Herro into the starting lineup to get things going quick but no way they have a starting lineup with both Robinson and Herro. Lebron would feast on finding constant mismatches right off the bat and the Lakers would get out to a quick double digit lead imo unless Herro is just drilling 30 foot threes consistently which wont be happening.

I have a feeling both Dragic and Bam are going to play but I highly doubt either of them look much like there normal selves (especially Dragic) which the Lakers were already not having huge issues with. Nunn will end up getting the majority of the minutes regardless I think though especially since he's one of the few Heat players who have done well against the Lakers in all 3 matchups this season.

I also get the feeling Lebron and AD want to deliver another blowout after how they let Miami get a little life late in that second half in Game 1. Like DB said they're wearing the Mamba jerseys as well which I see no chance of losing the final game in them after winning the first 3.

I'd be more worried about game 3 then this one honestly.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Believe the hype^^^
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: