🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

It appears the first interception that was a miscommunication between him and Evans was actually on Brady.

No, the first interception was on Evans. Evans and Arians misread the coverage on an option route. Brady threw to where Evans was supposed to be, only Evans was running the route based on Cover 2 rather than Cover 4. Arians was being an idiot when he publicly blamed the first interception on Brady.

For the life of me, I think a HC is stupid to point the fingers at players in front of the press. You can insult them to your hearts content in the locker room, where Belichick is especially vicious. But you never see Belichick insulting a player to the press. He'll always address a problem or turnover with "I need to go back and see the film", or "there needs to be better execution and better coaching". He's smug, but he's always willing to blame himself and accept responsibility for any lapses on the field.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It appears the first interception that was a miscommunication between him and Evans was actually on Brady.

No, the first interception was on Evans. Evans and Arians misread the coverage on an option route. Brady threw to where Evans was supposed to be, only Evans was running the route based on Cover 2 rather than Cover 4. Arians was being an idiot when he publicly blamed the first interception on Brady.

For the life of me, I think a HC is stupid to point the fingers at players in front of the press. You can insult them to your hearts content in the locker room, where Belichick is especially vicious. But you never see Belichick insulting a player to the press. He'll always address a problem or turnover with "I need to go back and see the film", or "there needs to be better execution and better coaching". He's smug, but he's always willing to blame himself and accept responsibility for any lapses on the field.

Sounds like trouble in paradise! I hope Tom can stand criticism. He should be able to. He was coached by Belichick, who, from what I've been led to believe, got on everyone, including Brady.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

i just don't get those GOAT status players pick a lesson name small market teams to finish their career. MJ with the Wizards, and now Brady with the Bucs. especially with Brady, he had suitors from much bigger markets.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

The Saints were trying to rub it in on the final meaningless possession, and this is what can happen when your hubris gets the best of you. Talking to you, Sean Payton...

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
19m
#Saints star WR Michael Thomas' high-ankle injury is worse than originally believed, and he’s now expected to miss several weeks, sources tell me and
@RapSheet

Thomas is as tough as they come and surely will try to defy that timeline. But it'll be a battle.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

Baker Mayfield's on stage tonight, Thursday Night Football. Baker Mayfield who, according to SAS, has more commercials than wins.

I've always thought Baker was overrated. He has all the weapons necessary to be successful. If he isn't it's on him.

I'm placing him in the bust column. I said it last year and I'll say it again "His mouth wrote checks his ass couldn't cash"

Personally I don't think he's a tier one QB

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

Baker had a decent first season, and he let it go to his head. The level of arrogance from a second tier scrub like him is almost unparalleled. Baker is a bum, and he will be booted from one of the worst teams in football very soon (as will Trubisky).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Baker had a decent first season, and he let it go to his head. The level of arrogance from a second tier scrub like him is almost unparalleled. Baker is a bum, and he will be booted from one of the worst teams in football very soon (as will Trubisky).

They have the personnel that takes them out of "one of the worst teams in football." It's on the back of Mayfield to guide that personnel to it's potential. Personally I don't think he will and dissension will abound. It's rumored ODB is already complaining.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

They have the personnel that takes them out of "one of the worst teams in football." It's on the back of Mayfield to guide that personnel to it's potential. Personally I don't think he will and dissension will abound. It's rumored ODB is already complaining.

As we saw recently, "on paper" means very little in terms of building a team. The Browns are a terrible team.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Baker Mayfield's on stage tonight, Thursday Night Football. Baker Mayfield who, according to SAS, has more commercials than wins.

I've always thought Baker was overrated. He has all the weapons necessary to be successful. If he isn't it's on him.

I'm placing him in the bust column. I said it last year and I'll say it again "His mouth wrote checks his ass couldn't cash"

Personally I don't think he's a tier one QB

Baker is very talented. His biggest problem is himself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: B

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

As we saw recently, "on paper" means very little in terms of building a team. The Browns are a terrible team.

I agree with you there. The Sailboat Boys are a prime example of "on paper."

However, I think that was collective failure. In this case I'm going to say the QB, Baker Mayfield, can right the ship with all the weapons he has.

I don't agree with you there. The Browns are a good team that needs a leader. IMO Baker is not that leader. He's driving a Mercedes, can he handle it? I don't think so. I don't think he'll last the season starting.

Tonight will say a lot about him and the team.

Kinda surprised Thursday Night Football is no longer on a major channel.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Mayfield making me sound foolish. He's been on target all night. Cleveland's looking good. Both games working, passing and running.

Damn!! Just when I wrote that Baker threw an INT.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Browns running all over the Bengals. Not scoring though. This game has been interesting.

Burrow's taking a lot of hits. If the Bengals want him to last they have to shore up the O line.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Browns running all over the Bengals. Not scoring though. This game has been interesting.

Burrow's taking a lot of hits. If the Bengals want him to last they have to shore up the O line.

I see that he threw for over 300 yards, but it took him 61 (!!) attempts to do it. That O-line is just awful, so I'm sure they are just dialing up a lot of quick passes. I think Burrow has the poise and talent to not succumb to an early-career trip into darkness like someone like David Carr did for the Texans once upon a time. But they really, really need to focus hard on adding O-line talent before next season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

Burrow is a gamer, he will be a top QB in his prime. Cincy might be 0-2 but they are nothing like last year’s team. As mentioned, they need help on both the offensive and defensive lines.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

SAS made a point about Mayfield I hadn't thought about. Baker had a good game but it was against one of the worst teams in the NFL. They got spanked by the Ravens one of the leagues best. So in that vein, I'm holding off on Mayfield.

They have Washington next, he should have another good outing, then Dallas. I want to see how he fares against them.

I noticed something about OBJ. He doesn't always go get the ball sometimes he lets it come to him. He caught the touchdown off his mask. He makes a lot of body catches.

Jerry Rice said you catch the ball with your hands, you go get the ball you don't wait for it to come to you. OBJ drops a lot of balls when he catches with his hands. He had a spectacular one hand catch for a TD. That catch kinda made him a name.

Don't get me wrong, Odell is a top tier receiver, I think he may be a bit overrated. He's among the league leaders in dropped passes.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Burrow is a gamer, he will be a top QB in his prime. Cincy might be 0-2 but they are nothing like last year’s team. As mentioned, they need help on both the offensive and defensive lines.

I don't like rookie QBs starting immediately after college, but Burrow is the most NFL-ready, rookie passer I've seen in years. I have to qualify the remark because run-heavy QBs can make an immediate NFL impact, but then the NFL makes an impact on them, shortening their careers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't like rookie QBs starting immediately after college, but Burrow is the most NFL-ready, rookie passer I've seen in years. I have to qualify the remark because run-heavy QBs can make an immediate NFL impact, but then the NFL makes an impact on them, shortening their careers.

Burrow took a ton of hits. He's only human. If Cincy doesn't shore up its O line he won't last the season.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Not exactly NFL news but Deion Sanders takes over at Jackson State. I loved watching his NFL commentary, the guy really knows the game
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

Love the sound of firing cannons in Tampa Bay!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Tom threw a INT. I just tuned in. Did it go for 6?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Tyrod just got Wally Pipped.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Mahomes taking some big hits. Chargers a head 7 6. 2nd qrt

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Damn, that KC kicker had ice in his veins.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Bolts gave KC a run for the money. Patrick has to go straight to the ice tub. He took a beating. 58 field goal in OT for a KC win.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Chargers deserved to lose. KC went into OT with offensive momentum. LAC'S only shot at winning was to play aggressive, rather than resorting to that tepid run game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 3 of 335
Jump to: