Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

At New York prison, Harvey Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus

Harvey's in that high death rate column for Covid . . . I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
At New York prison, Harvey Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus

Harvey's in that high death rate column for Covid . . . I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' . . .

I was thinking the same thing..
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/harvey-weinstein-fall-injury-concussion/

Imagine being a woman that's coerced into having sex with this guy. He's literally a freaking ogre. Good riddance.

He even tried his routine with a younger Kate Beckinsale who said she couldn't (rightfully) believe he thought she'd have any interest in him at all. He was lucky merely to know her thru work and shake her hand in a professional manner. That's how warped his mind is. He was about the power and/or coercion, clear from that secret audio of him. Got off on holding work over their heads. Prostitutes were available to him and Cosby (and Trump) all those years, woe be to them, but the sex aspect was only part of the equation, probably the lesser part by a good measure. Saw some of Gangs Of New York for the millionth time this AM, that was among many of Harvey's movies. Every time I see his name I wonder if the female lead or the young/attractive actresses were put thru the Harvey gauntlet. Harvey is a base defiler and a sneakthief.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

By LARRY NEUMEISTER Associated Press
December 15, 2020, 12:04 AM
• 4 min read

Ex-Epstein pal seeks bail with $28.5M and armed guards

LINK

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Lawyers for the former girlfriend of Jeffrey Epstein are urging a judge to free her to await trial under a $28.5 million bail package that would include armed guards to ensure she remains safe and doesn't flee a New York City residence.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

Deshon Watson NFL quarterback has joined the crew of abusers. 22 is a daunting number. Difficult to believe all 22 would lie. IMO one telling the truth is enough to convict.

It baffles me as to why men with the influence of a Bill Cosby and DeShon Watson have a need to force themselves on women. I believe there are so many willing to use force is unnecessary.

I don't think any NFL team is going to want to touch him. I don't think any will want him as the face of their franchise. I envision a blossoming career coming to an end.

Men who abuse are going down and deservedly so.

LINK

Quote:
Watson, 25, has been accused of sexual misconduct or assault in lawsuits filed by 22 women over the past four weeks. The women, who filed their complaints using the pseudonym "Jane Doe," have generally alleged that he exposed himself or touched them with his genitals during massage sessions. Two women have also accused him of sexual assault.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
exposed himself or touched them with his genitals during massage sessions.

Because of the massage setting, it’s going to be very hard for him to get convicted for this without video. These charges can easily be explained/excused..

1) the exposing part - he’s already half naked with probably only a towel covering him

2) the touching them with his genitals - he’s probably requesting them to massage him real close to that area anyways.

Not saying he didn’t do it intentionally or on purpose, and not saying the women are lying. I’m saying it’ll be hard as hell to prove it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

I bet Robert Kraft paid a pretty penny to avoid what Watson is going through now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

Discuss, have at it.

I'll bet Harvey Weinstein's lawyers are on the phone as I post this.

Bill Cosby to be released after sexual assault conviction overturned by Pennsylvania Supreme Court

LINK

Quote:
Pennsylvania's Supreme Court, citing prosecutorial mistakes, overturned the sexual assault conviction of Bill Cosby on Wednesday, paving the way for one of America's best-known comedians to walk free from prison.

The court said that a prosecutor's decision not to charge Cosby, 83, opened the door for him to speak freely in a lawsuit against him — and that testimony was key in his conviction years later by another prosecutor.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Discuss, have at it.

Bill Cosby to be released after sexual assault conviction overturned by Pennsylvania Supreme Court

LINK

Quote:
Pennsylvania's Supreme Court, citing prosecutorial mistakes, overturned the sexual assault conviction of Bill Cosby on Wednesday, paving the way for one of America's best-known comedians to walk free from prison.

The court said that a prosecutor's decision not to charge Cosby, 83, opened the door for him to speak freely in a lawsuit against him — and that testimony was key in his conviction years later by another prosecutor.

What resulted in Cosby's conviction to be overturned has no similarities to Harvey's case at all.

"Hey, since you vacated Cosby's conviction, how 'bout you do my client too!" is not a legal argument.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Discuss, have at it.

LINK

Quote:

What resulted in Cosby's conviction to be overturned has no similarities to Harvey's case at all.

"Hey, since you vacated Cosby's conviction, how 'bout you do my client too!" is not a legal argument.

The reason I posted his release here in the Winestein thread was that it was already discussed here. The Winesstein reference I got from MSNBC.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

Weinstein's team has always been looking at possible technicalities and made several efforts to get him absolved or granted consideration. None of them have been successful. Cosby's situation isn't going to make a difference.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

Also different locales. State law in PA different than state law in NY.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Weinstein's team has always been looking at possible technicalities and made several efforts to get him absolved or granted consideration. None of them have been successful. Cosby's situation isn't going to make a difference.

Probably not. Cosby was released on a technicality. I'm wondering if they'll somehow make a try. I'd not be surprised if Weinstein's case is a news story shortly.

Bill will have to make an OJ-like return to society. Although he's free his world has shrunk.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

And for those unfamiliar with how PTSD works, this announcement has probably triggered millions of women (and men) across the country with reactions ranging from anger to anxiety to depression to numbness. Be kind and compassionate to the women in your lives as you have no idea whether they are going through this or not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

^^^ I have empathy for the women and men who this event has affected. I was totally caught off guard. I thought Cosby was a done deal. In my eyes, he's still a pervert. No court ruling will change my view of William Henry Cosby Jr.

His statement on how this announcement affected the Black community is self-projecting. 3rd video in link Most Blacks don't have his wealth. He's in the class of the haves, not the have nots. He has the wealth of the 1%. This ruling has no effect on how Black John Doe will be affected. It's not justice for the Black community, it's injustice for Bill Cosby.

Like the overturning or not, it was fair. He was freed by our judicial system. The prosecutors in this case, just like the prosecutors in OJ's, blew it.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

There's no-way-in-hell Dr. Huxtable will maintain a successful obstetrics practice, with all the rape allegations.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm almost sure some will say she deserves what happened and I understand. She may but what does that say about our incarceration system?

If this is allowed to happen to the vile it may happen to some not deserving. Doesn't that open a pandora's box? Vile or not we're supposed to be equal under the law. IMO an investigation is warranted

Ghislaine Maxwell pictured for the first time behind bars — with a bruise

LINK

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm almost sure some will say she deserves what happened and I understand. She may but what does that say about our incarceration system?

If this is allowed to happen to the vile it may happen to some not deserving. Doesn't that open a pandora's box? Vile or not we're supposed to be equal under the law. IMO an investigation is warranted

LINK

1) This story is from last April
2) The bruise was apparently discovered by the guards, not caused by the guards. The guards questioned her on the source of the bruise to determine if she needed to be separated from other inmates in order to protect her.

Look, I'm no Maxwell fan and no fan of prison guards and their behavior but her attorney's main complaint is that guards shine a light in her eyes when checking on her, that she's in solitary and the food is bad.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

2) The bruise was apparently discovered by the guards, not caused by the guards. The guards questioned her on the source of the bruise to determine if she needed to be separated from other inmates in order to protect her.

Look, I'm no Maxwell fan and no fan of prison guards and their behavior but her attorney's main complaint is that guards shine a light in her eyes when checking on her, that she's in solitary and the food is bad.

I didn't note the date. Is she housed in GP?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I didn't note the date. I got the article from AOL NEWS this morning. Is she housed in GP?

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I didn't note the date. Is she housed in GP?

At that point they had her in solitary - for her own protection. But presumably she interacts with other inmates at times. Her attorneys were objecting to solitary. I don't know how it turned out between then and now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44
Jump to: