Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

^^^
Thanks for the insight.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Yes, a criminal case in LA plus a number of civil cases.

By the way, I said he was convicted on three counts. It was two. As I understand it, the minimum sentence is five years. I’ll predict that he gets at least ten, probably more.

I hope Harvey has his affairs in order. Looks like he's going to do some serious time.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Yes, a criminal case in LA plus a number of civil cases.

By the way, I said he was convicted on three counts. It was two. As I understand it, the minimum sentence is five years. I’ll predict that he gets at least ten, probably more.

I hope Harvey has his affairs in order. Looks like he's going to do some serious time.

Harvey’s affairs were out of order. That’s why he’s in trouble.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I call BS. Harvey's faking. First it was the wheelchair, then the walker, now heart palpitations. He's just prolonging the inevitable.

Harvey Weinstein taken to hospital after feeling chest pains and having heart palpitations, attorney says

LINK

Quote:
Harvey Weinstein was taken to New York's Bellevue Hospital Monday night after feeling chest pains and having heart palpitations and high blood pressure on his way to Rikers Island, his attorney Donna Rotunno said.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

DELETED wrong thread

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject:

DELETED wrong thread

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see Weinstein go down for the count. He is a truly horrific individual, I think that has been proven beyond a doubt.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

One of the jurors speaks about the trial anonymously:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/weinstein-jury-interview-metoo.html

There is also a NYT article, but it is behind a paywall. I'm cheap.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

23 years. That's more than I expected, but I'm not going to cry for Weinstein. He'll probably die in prison. Despite Jodeke's accusation in the title of this thread, it turns out that he wasn't faking the heart problem.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
23 years. That's more than I expected, but I'm not going to cry for Weinstein. He'll probably die in prison. Despite Jodeke's accusation in the title of this thread, it turns out that he wasn't faking the heart problem.

I'm stunned. I didn't expect a slap on the wrist, but I sure didn't expect what likely amounts to a life sentence.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If it's one of those paywalls that load over the article. The extension "disable javascript" will fix that for you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I didn't edit the title. Who did and why it was changed I don't know. I posted
Quote:
I call BS. Harvey's faking. First it was the wheelchair, then the walker, now heart palpitations. He's just prolonging the inevitable.
I was wrong. Knee jerk post. You're probably right he most likely will expire in jail.

Those deleted posts were because I was posting in the Lakers game thread and PT at the same time and posted game comments here in error. I've done that on occasion. Did it again last night.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I didn't edit the title. Who did and why it was changed I don't know.

Have the nurses been saying anything about dementia?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

23 years? He didn’t get the electric chair .

Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If it's one of those paywalls that load over the article. The extension "disable javascript" will fix that for you.

I'm not sure what you mean.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I'm stunned. I didn't expect a slap on the wrist, but I sure didn't expect what likely amounts to a life sentence.

I know nothing about parole eligibility up there, but I read that he won't be eligible for 20 years. If that's true, even if the heart problem doesn't get him, he'll be leaving prison with a toe tag. The magnitude of the sentence makes me a bit uneasy, even though Weinstein disgusts me. However, the judge was there for the trial and heard all of the evidence. I will defer to his judgment.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/harvey-weinstein-fall-injury-concussion/

Imagine being a woman that's coerced into having sex with this guy. He's literally a freaking ogre. Good riddance.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I know nothing about parole eligibility up there, but I read that he won't be eligible for 20 years. If that's true, even if the heart problem doesn't get him, he'll be leaving prison with a toe tag. The magnitude of the sentence makes me a bit uneasy, even though Weinstein disgusts me. However, the judge was there for the trial and heard all of the evidence. I will defer to his judgment.
Do you mean that given the charges, the magnitude was a little much for those charges, or that the evidence did not so clearly support the charges, or something else? Just curious. Apologies if you explained earlier.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
23 years? Just give him the electric chair, that’s what the women want (and his money).
Maybe, maybe not. But they wanted justice too. Read that vulture article

"it’s not a matter of believability or credibility. The evidence has to show beyond a reasonable doubt of guilt."
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Do you mean that given the charges, the magnitude was a little much for those charges, or that the evidence did not so clearly support the charges, or something else? Just curious. Apologies if you explained earlier.

Yes, relative to the charges. He was acquitted of the most serious charges. I have to wonder how his sentence compares to other people who have been convicted on similar charges. But I'll defer to the trial judge, who heard all of the evidence, the victim impact testimony, and whatever else was relevant to sentencing. Maybe it was a proportionate sentence. I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for Weinstein.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
focus wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Yes, relative to the charges. He was acquitted of the most serious charges. I have to wonder how his sentence compares to other people who have been convicted on similar charges. But I'll defer to the trial judge, who heard all of the evidence, the victim impact testimony, and whatever else was relevant to sentencing. Maybe it was a proportionate sentence. I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for Weinstein.

I totally understand your sense of measure in regards to the sentence versus the charges convicted on. But I come back to that. Sexual assault is a horrible crime to begin with. When it is committed by someone of wealth and power, it comes with an even greater level of culpability due to the intimidation and sense of helplessness it instills in the victims - which leads them into the horrific sense they need to continue contact with their assaulter for fear of what it may mean if they don't.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I didn't edit the title. Who did and why it was changed I don't know.

Have the nurses been saying anything about dementia?

Nothing to me. Has Nurse Ratched said anything to you?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Try clearing your history, cache and cookies them click on the article. It worked for me on a NYT article.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Try clearing your history, cache and cookies them click on the article. It worked for me on a NYT article.

A friend of mine showed an easier solution: search for the article using Google.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

A friend of mine showed an easier solution: search for the article using Google.

I've done that with the article title. I came up with Reuters and others. They're not the same as the NYT though the gist is same. When I clear history, cache and cookies I get the full NYT article.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44
Jump to: