Official Zion Williamson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

OMG this guy. Only factor is how well his body will hold up long term.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Right? I think you may have seen him vs Whiteside...not a small guy! and he was bullying him. He was far enough for his intention to be clear and Whiteside didn't want any part of that. That play where he misses the shot, and just bounces up so quick for the offensive rebound. And that particular thing is going to be so interesting to watch.

Has anyone had as much second jump speed since Rodman as this guy? It must be exhausting playing against him.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Right? I think you may have seen him vs Whiteside...not a small guy! and he was bullying him. He was far enough for his intention to be clear and Whiteside didn't want any part of that. That play where he misses the shot, and just bounces up so quick for the offensive rebound. And that particular thing is going to be so interesting to watch.

Has anyone had as much second jump speed since Rodman as this guy? It must be exhausting playing against him.

Really reminds me of Barkley. His width up top and his caboose really moves people. Guys bounce off him. What a beast.

Imagine when he sheds some of that baby fat and really grows into his man strength. Hard to wrap my head around the fact that he's 19. Only other guy I feel that way about right now is Luka.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Really reminds me of Barkley. His width up top and his caboose really moves people. Guys bounce off him. What a beast.

Imagine when he sheds some of that baby fat and really grows into his man strength. Hard to wrap my head around the fact that he's 19. Only other guy I feel that way about right now is Luka.
I really see him as naturally superior to Barkely physically, both in overall strength and trampolining. Whiteside isn't going to compare to the trees in Barkley's era (he probably doesn't know how to keep position vs the true big men who had to battle each other every night then) but this guy is straight up bullying him. I am not talking about skills which I have to believe Barkley has over him (just because Charles was really damn skilled), just sheer physical prowess and energy.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Man, this dude bounced Steven Adams off the court last night. He's the first person I've ever seen uproot that guy.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
Man, this dude bounced Steven Adams off the court last night. He's the first person I've ever seen uproot that guy.

Steven ‘bone crushing soul snatching pick setter’ Adams?
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

he killed backboard!!!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

ibij wrote:
he killed backboard!!!

He’s the real deal, a man amongst boys most nights
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Mege wrote:

Steven ‘bone crushing soul snatching pick setter’ Adams?

Yes, that one.
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1228158997519187968
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Crazy that these past two drafts have yielded generational talents like Luka and Zion. You'd have to go back to 2012/2013 to find similar talents in AD/Giannis. It's a pleasure watching them play. Zion's impact is already monumental and he's just 19.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Crazy that these past two drafts have yielded generational talents like Luka and Zion. You'd have to go back to 2012/2013 to find similar talents in AD/Giannis. It's a pleasure watching them play. Zion's impact is already monumental and he's just 19.

Embiid, Jokic, and KAT all seem like pretty special talents.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

The thing that makes me most sad is how the three straight years we had the #2 pick, none of those special talents were there. And that's no slight against the guys we picked, but these dudes are on another level.

Why can't we be in the universe where we lost our pick in 2017, and got Luka in 2018??
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

The thing that makes me most sad is how the three straight years we had the #2 pick, none of those special talents were there. And that's no slight against the guys we picked, but these dudes are on another level.

Why can't we be in the universe where we lost our pick in 2017, and got Luka in 2018??

I mean, you can build a pretty damn good team out of BI, DLo, and Ball, imo.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Been a Lakers fanatic for 40+ years but I will be watching Zion and the Pels tonight instead of the LeBrons. I have decided not to call this years iteration/team the Lakers. They are the LeBrons and I haven't been watching.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Been a Lakers fanatic for 40+ years but I will be watching Zion and the Pels tonight instead of the LeBrons. I have decided not to call this years iteration/team the Lakers. They are the LeBrons and I haven't been watching.

I watched the Pels too, was switching back n forth but I enjoyed the Pels game better.

JVG and Mark Jackson couldn’t stop raving about our guys Lonzo, BI and of course Zion (who wasn’t really our guy per say) but don’t look now the Pels are only 4 games back of the final playoff spot. They’ve also won 7 of their last 10 and are a better road team than at home.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

They have a group of yutes that can have a good 6-8 year run as one of the top teams in the west.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Luka and Zion are really the generational talents in these past 4-5 drafts, and they can't really be replicated by other players. However, I'd say BI is a very special talent in his own right or will be one in the near future IMO. Out of all the young players we lost, losing BI hurt the most. He's already kind of like Zion's "Kobe" with all those crazy passes he was making to him last night. Even the "analytics" won't betray him this time, since his player comparison profile this season is nearly identical to Durant's, with a shocking 92% similarity score: https://twitter.com/Tim_NBA/status/1210240771074510848 . It just seems like he's on an impressive trajectory.

Once he addresses a few of his deficiencies, he's going to be close to unguardable. He's already averaging 25/6/4 on 47/40/87 splits on 60% TS, making him one of the most efficient forwards in the game. He's also the only player in the league averaging 25 and shooting 40% from the three. He will easily average 25-30 on Durant-like efficiency for the rest of his career if he's healthy. Amazing what happens to players when they have competent player development personnel around them, because we're straight up ass at developing players. None of those mentioned players thrive here, except maybe Luka or Embiid. We would have given up on Giannis when he was averaging 12 points in his second year. And the narrative on Towns and his defense won't go away until they start winning, which is sad because I'm rooting for him and DLo to succeed in Minny. He's definitely not the "Duncan with a 3pt shot" I expected (one of my worst takes ever).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
They have a group of yutes that can have a good 6-8 year run as one of the top teams in the west.

We could have had David Griffin but Jeanie happened. Props to the NO think tank, they might be turning the Pelicans into the Saints.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

He is so young that I wonder if he is aware how talented he is. His nose for the 🏀 is beyond impressive.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Pels game tonight, Zion cannot be stopped in the paint. Once he gets it down low, its a bucket or a foul.

Just makes you realize that a young, prime Shaq would easily average 40/20 in this new era of ball.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Watching the Pels game tonight, Zion cannot be stopped in the paint. Once he gets it down low, its a bucket or a foul.

Just makes you realize that a young, prime Shaq would easily average 40/20 in this new era of ball.

I didn't follow him much in college but he also reminds me of Shaq. I've become an instant fan. Hoping the Pels get the 8th seed. It's also crazy how he immediately stole them team from Ingram lol. What a talent.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hammett wrote:

We could have had David Griffin but Jeanie happened. Props to the NO think tank, they might be turning the Pelicans into the Saints.

It's not hard when the team lucks out and lands the number 1 pick during a draft with a generational talent like Zion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

Bright future. Pels with another draft assist by the NBA. Cp3. AD. then Zion.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

kinda reminds me of Shaq, too big, too quick, but shorter
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hammett wrote:

It's not hard when the team lucks out and lands the number 1 pick during a draft with a generational talent like Zion.

Then why is it so hard when a team lucks into the number 2 pick 3 times and has nothing to show for it? Ingram was a solid pick, DLO was pissed away and Lonzo was a mistake. Griffin >>>>>>>>> Magic. Again, thanks Jeanie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: