D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
DLo averaged 21/7 last season. And it's not like he's a forced PG who turns the ball over a lot like Harden for that many assists. Kenny wanted him to score and create and hence he played ball dominant. You don't ask him to play like Klay Thomson with his passing skills unless there is another starting PG like Steph who went down early. And it was Kenny who had Dinwiddie as the 6th man.

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Okafor boys still mad. šŸ˜‚

Seriously.

Kenny wanted him to be the primary creator and scorer. And Nets made the playoffs and stopped being a joke so much so that KD and Kyrie went there. But he should listen to Okafor boys instead. šŸ˜‚

CAn someone please explain these so called Okafor boys? Is this the new running joke? Because itā€™s really not very funny. I honestly donā€™t remember a ton of ppl wanting Okafor that draft tbh. I liked Porzingis and said as much, but I hadnā€™t really watched him a ton. Just didnā€™t like DLoā€™s upside. Anyways,.. please,. Tell me Where this Okafor boys nonsense began.

You weren't a member here when he was drafted. There was loud, obnoxious contingent that continued to beat the Okafor drum for months leading up to the draft and continued to bash Dlo even after we drafted him. It was very obvious to anyone that was here that this was the case at the time. As D'lo has progressed in his career and Okafor is now relegated to hanging onto his career, the chatter has gotten less. That said, I still see a few of the same names try to hit and run in this thread. It's pathetic.

And they kept finding new guys in that draft to attack DLo with like after Emmanuel Mudiay would put up 20 points on crap efficiency they would come after the kid. I get it, I trashed Ingram for 2-3 years, but he was legit terrible as a rookie whereas DLo was fine and Lonzo was good-ish.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
DLo averaged 21/7 last season. And it's not like he's a forced PG who turns the ball over a lot like Harden for that many assists. Kenny wanted him to score and create and hence he played ball dominant. You don't ask him to play like Klay Thomson with his passing skills unless there is another starting PG like Steph who went down early. And it was Kenny who had Dinwiddie as the 6th man.

saetarubia wrote:

Seriously.

Kenny wanted him to be the primary creator and scorer. And Nets made the playoffs and stopped being a joke so much so that KD and Kyrie went there. But he should listen to Okafor boys instead. šŸ˜‚

CAn someone please explain these so called Okafor boys? Is this the new running joke? Because itā€™s really not very funny. I honestly donā€™t remember a ton of ppl wanting Okafor that draft tbh. I liked Porzingis and said as much, but I hadnā€™t really watched him a ton. Just didnā€™t like DLoā€™s upside. Anyways,.. please,. Tell me Where this Okafor boys nonsense began.

You weren't a member here when he was drafted. There was loud, obnoxious contingent that continued to beat the Okafor drum for months leading up to the draft and continued to bash Dlo even after we drafted him. It was very obvious to anyone that was here that this was the case at the time. As D'lo has progressed in his career and Okafor is now relegated to hanging onto his career, the chatter has gotten less. That said, I still see a few of the same names try to hit and run in this thread. It's pathetic.

And they kept finding new guys in that draft to attack DLo with like after Emmanuel Mudiay would put up 20 points on crap efficiency they would come after the kid. I get it, I trashed Ingram for 2-3 years, but he was legit terrible as a rookie whereas DLo was fine and Lonzo was good-ish.

I had another account then. I stopped posting for a long time. And Iā€™ve been at this site since around 04-05
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

saetarubia wrote:

Seriously.

Iā€™ve been around since the days of LTL. I was here. Iā€™ve known Wolfpac and Deuce a long time. My brother got me on here when he was still an active poster. Magic_bryant. So yeah. I was here bro. I just really donā€™t remember the love for Okafor. My memory may be vague but I remember us feeling like it was a consolation draft after KAT. And For their rookie seasons Okafor was looking like a future star while DLo struggled against SPL talent at first.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

saetarubia wrote:

Seriously.

Iā€™ve been around since the days of LTL. I was here. Iā€™ve known Wolfpac and Deuce a long time. My brother got me on here when he was still an active poster. Magic_bryant. So yeah. I was here bro. I just really donā€™t remember the love for Okafor. My memory may be vague but I remember us feeling like it was a consolation draft after KAT. And For their rookie seasons Okafor was looking like a future star while DLo struggled against SPL talent at first.

Yeah, there was a huge contingent that was convinced that Okafor was the next Tim Duncan and we blew it on the draft.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

saetarubia wrote:

Seriously.

Yeah, there was a huge contingent that was convinced that Okafor was the next Tim Duncan and we blew it on the draft.

There's a 2015 draft class thread somewhere in the General Basketball forum that someone with a little time could dig up that is full of dudes trashing DLo in favor of Okafor. Some guy with the handle "USC_and_Lakers" or something like that who still posts occasionally who thought Okafor would straight up be Duncan 2.0.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

saetarubia wrote:

Seriously.

There's a 2015 draft class thread somewhere in the General Basketball forum that someone with a little time could dig up that is full of dudes trashing DLo in favor of Okafor. Some guy with the handle "USC_and_Lakers" or something like that who still posts occasionally who thought Okafor would straight up be Duncan 2.0.

I legit didnā€™t remember any of this. I remember the talks of us getting Boogie and the kings pick for the #2. I stand corrected fellas.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

You should find the threads where people thought Fultz was the next D-Wade or Harden/WB. There I was, saying he was more akin to Mudiay and Exum while getting skewered by so called basketball minds, encountering laughing emoji's, and being told to check in at the end of year 1 to see who he was closer to. Where are you people now? three years later and Fultz hasn't even cracked 15ppg.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to seeing what he looks like in Minny tonight. Their defense is what it is. But the offense should be fun to watch.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Looking forward to seeing what he looks like in Minny tonight. Their defense is what it is. But the offense should be fun to watch.

He finally gets to play with his boy, KAT. They should be a terrific pair. Man, if Minny could get Booker, woo boy, we just gotta add a broth, a potato, and baby, we've got a stew going
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He finally gets to play with his boy, KAT. They should be a terrific pair. Man, if Minny could get Booker, woo boy, we just gotta add a broth, a potato, and baby, we've got a stew going

What kind of stew do you eat?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Only the best.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Only the best.

Well, broth, potato, and baby sounds gross.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I didn't say a baby, baby.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

75 points for Minny through 2. DLO leading the way with 16. Crazy their only up 1. But it's been fun ball to watch.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
75 points for Minny through 2. DLO leading the way with 16. Crazy their only up 1. But it's been fun ball to watch.

That KAT/DLo pairing is going to need at least two all-NBA defenders to not be a sieve on that end. But they should score like crazy.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

That KAT/DLo pairing is going to need at least two all-NBA defenders to not be a sieve on that end. But they should score like crazy.

No excuse for KAT to not be a dominant defensive force.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The weird thing is that his defense was what everyone was raving about coming into the league. Instead, it turns out he's a sieve on that end and a savant on offense. Go figure...
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The weird thing is that his defense was what everyone was raving about coming into the league. Instead, it turns out he's a sieve on that end and a savant on offense. Go figure...

Exactly. He was an absolute beast defensively at UK. They moved WCS to the perimeter to be the stopper and allowed KAT to guard the paint and it worked tremendously. WCSā€™s perimeter D hasnā€™t been what it was expected and KAT has been absolutely laughable. Still just seems like a guy going through the motions.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject:

Scoring aside, his game vs TOR was awful: a lot of unforced TOs and after a good start on D he basically quit in the 2nd half
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
You should find the threads where people thought Fultz was the next D-Wade or Harden/WB. There I was, saying he was more akin to Mudiay and Exum while getting skewered by so called basketball minds, encountering laughing emoji's, and being told to check in at the end of year 1 to see who he was closer to. Where are you people now? three years later and Fultz hasn't even cracked 15ppg.

He has turned into a really good PG
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

He has turned into a really good PG

I still see a lot of potential in the kid. I see no reason he canā€™t become a quality starting guard. Gets to the rim at will, isnā€™t selfish, and actually plays defense really well.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Minny looks better without Towns.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Minny looks better without Towns.

Spoke too soon.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Only the best.

Well, broth, potato, and baby sounds gross.

Baby stew or Dinty Moore. Which is worse?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100
Jump to: