Early Targets at Trade Deadline

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Early Targets at Trade Deadline

Lakers roster is essentially filled out and I see two areas of need: 1. Back up athletic, 3D SF and 2. Upgrade at starting PG. Given Lakers are trying to clear up cap space in 2 years, targets are limited. They can also use Dwight's contract for another team to save $$$ since its non-guaranteed.

Lakers signed a lot of PG but don't have a clear cut starter. Also, Daniels and Cook roles overlap and MLE was used on Avery Bradley.

1. Mario Hezonja (1.7m, 2 years) - Blazers have little depth at PG behind Lillard and can use Daniels, Cook, or Bradley.

2. Rodney Hood (5.7m, 2 years) - Blazers have little depth at PG behind Lillard and can use Daniels, Cook, or Bradley.

3. Dennis Schroder (15.5m, 2 years) - Thunder need salary cap relief as they rebuild and Lakers might be able to facilitate a trade.

4. Jae Crowder (7.8m, 1 year) - Memphis is loaded at SF and probably won't play Crowder much as they rebuild with young guys like Josh Jackson and Dillon Brooks on the roster. They also have Kyle Anderson with 3 years remaining. Bradley previously played for Memphis and played relatively well for them when healthy.

5. Stanley Johnson (3.6m, 2 years) - Raptors may look to rebuild at the trade deadline depending how the season goes. If rebuild is the way forward, Lowry will probably be on the move and Lakers should try to get Stanley Johnson for one of Daniels, Cook, or Bradley.

6. Marcus Morris (15m, 1 year) - Knicks have a lot of overlap with undersized big men.

7. Markieff Morris (3.2m, 2 years) - Maybe he will demand a trade when he realizes how terrible it is being a Piston.

Edit: In terms of who I would trade, it would be Bradley ($4.8m) and/or KCP ($8.1m) to match contract values. Players to add, in order of preference, are Troy Daniels ($2m), Jared Dudley ($2.6m), Quinn Cook ($3m). I'd like to keep everyone else.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Good thinking.

Can those players defend? I wouldn't mind Jae Crowder if he becomes available.
JoeKool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
Good thinking.

Can those players defend? I wouldn't mind Jae Crowder if he becomes available.

+1 if it makes sense for us.
garyknowz1@yahoo.com
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

I had been in a coma since the AD trade. I wake up and fould that the team filled out quickly with a lot of talent. Hope the the finds chemistry quickly. But the team we have now are mostly veterans, so I'm optimistic.

The brat pack who got traded were tough to work with and had no real chemistry. The only one I will miss is Hart.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

OKC Trade: Lakers trade KCP+Daniels/Dudley for Schroder. OKC does this to save $4.6m in 2019-20 to get under luxury tax. They will also save $7m in 2020-21 if KCP opts-in and $15.5m if he opts-out. They don't have SG depth so they might even want him to remain with the team.

Memphis Trade: Bradley+Daniels/Dudley for Crowder works. Lakers probably have to throw in a pick. Memphis would do this because Bradley played pretty well for them last year and maybe want Dudley for some veteran leadership on a young team.

The 2 above trades can be combined into a 3 way trade.

Lakers: Crowder+Schroder.
Memphis: Bradley+Dudley. May also get back 2nd round pick from Lakers and/or OKC.
OKC: KCP+Daniels. May also get De'Anthony Melton.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

BERTANS!
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

Happy New Year and Lakers #1 in the West. Definitely a championship potential team with some work around the edges. Trade deadline is about a month away (Feb. 6) so here's what I'm hoping.

Lakers needs - secondary playmaker and 3D wing. Lakers have been losing big leads when Lebron/AD sit because no one else can create for themselves or others.

Buyout candidates and Free Agents

Darren Collison - PG - He would be a huge get and fits the role perfectly as a playmaker point guard who can hit the open 3. Might become our starter over time.

Andre Iguodala - SF - I still don't believe anyone will trade for his $17.2m salary. Hoping he will join due to his past agent relationship with Pelinka, more playtime with Lakers, and championship aspirations.

Trevor Ariza - SF - He's owed $12.2m this year and partially guaranteed for $1.8m next year. May demand a trade or buyout due to Kings dysfunction.

Evan Turner - SF - Hawks looking to develop young players so he might be bought out. He's a good point forward who can create for others, but doesn't shoot or defend as well.

Jeremy Lin - PG - Injuries left him out of the league and playing in China, but he’s a smart pick and roll player who contributes everywhere.

Trade Targets

Players that should be made available are Bradley, Cook, Daniels, Cacok. KCP has a no trade clause and has been playing well, so I don't see him leaving. While Kuzma has been struggling, I don't think we should trade him unless we get a difference maker. Dudley and Rondo are veterans and both should be available to trade, but I think Lakers keep at least 1 of them and they don't have much trade value.

Lakers can trade 2nd round pick as early as 2023 and 1st round pick in 2026.

Jae Crowder - SF - ($7.8m, final year of contract) - He is probably the most affordable 3D wing available in a trade and a Bradley for Crowder swap works. Bradley played well for Grizzlies last year.

Mario Hezonja - SF - ($1.7m, 2nd year player option) - He is only 24 years old and can do a little bit of everything at the SF spot. Should be easy to trade for with a minimum contract.

Derrick Rose - PG - ($7.3m, 2 years) - Former MVP having a good year. A streaky 3 point shooter with injury concerns, he is still an explosive playmaker.

Markieff Morris - PF/SF - ($3.2m, 2nd year player option) - Solid veteran who may have lost a step to play SF. He can shoot but not as quick-footed on defensive end. With Pistons struggling, they may look to deal him or he might request a buyout.

Torrey Craig - SF - ($2m, RFA) - Another wing that is better on the defensive end than as a shooter. Should be able to be resigned for a reasonable contract, depending on his performance.

De'Anthony Melton - PG - ($1.4m, RFA) - A young PG who has shown stretches of excellent play. He is a solid defender and shooter. Grizzlies have Morant as the PG of the future so may let Melton go.

Jerami Grant - SF/PF - ($9.3m, 2nd year player option) - Least likely target Lakers to trade for as Nuggets gave up a 1st round pick to get him. Most likely scenario is for Lakers to help facilitate a 3 way trade between Nuggets and Cavs for Kevin Love. Nuggets are right at the luxury tax line so can't take on more salary. Lakers can trade Bradley+minimum contract for Jerami and take on about $3m of salary.

I left out anyone making $10m or more (Covington, Schroder, Marcus Morris, Teague) because I don't think Lakers have contracts to match (unless KCP waives his no trade clause). Also excluded players on final year of deal who would demand large contracts (Bogdonavic).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: