OFFICIAL GOLF THREAD: BREAKING - OMAR GETS AN ACE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Woods' Ryder Cup record dropped to 13-20-3 and 9-16-1 in team matches.

Mickelson (another questionable captains pick) is now 18-21-7 lifetime and obviously completely out of form.

Furyk has done a poor job, just like he did missing 1 foot putts in the Ryder Cup as a player.

Tiger is actually now 9-19-1 in team matches in the Ryder Cup, from what I read, and 13-20-3 overall (4-1-2 in singles). He's fine on his own ball, not so good when he has a teammate. Although I will say that Reed was playing terrible in their 2 matches that I saw. I didn't see his afternoon match with DeChambeau, but I see that they got slaughtered.

Tiger loses his singles match to Jon Rahm also, goes scoreless in the Ryder Cup.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Per ESPN:

Phil Mickelson is in the World Golf Hall of Fame. Tiger Woods will join him there when eligible. And Dustin Johnson is the No. 1 ranked player in the world. The trio combined to go 1-9 in the Ryder Cup, with Mickelson and Tiger going 0-6.

It was almost fitting that Francesco Molinari clinched the victory in his singles match against Mickelson after tormenting Woods the first two days. Mickelson now has 22 Ryder Cup losses, followed by Woods with 21. U.S. captain Jim Furyk has 20.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Per ESPN:

Phil Mickelson is in the World Golf Hall of Fame. Tiger Woods will join him there when eligible. And Dustin Johnson is the No. 1 ranked player in the world. The trio combined to go 1-9 in the Ryder Cup, with Mickelson and Tiger going 0-6.

It was almost fitting that Francesco Molinari clinched the victory in his singles match against Mickelson after tormenting Woods the first two days. Mickelson now has 22 Ryder Cup losses, followed by Woods with 21. U.S. captain Jim Furyk has 20.

Ouch.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Spectator struck at Ryder Cup by Brooks Koepka shot loses use of eye

Quote:
The woman spectator hit in the face by a Brooks Koepka shot Friday at the Ryder Cup says doctors told her she has lost use of her right eye.

"It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit," Corine Remande, 49, told AFP. "I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye socket and an explosion of the eyeball."

Quote:
Remande told AFP she is considering legal action.

LINK
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Spectator struck at Ryder Cup by Brooks Koepka shot loses use of eye

Quote:
The woman spectator hit in the face by a Brooks Koepka shot Friday at the Ryder Cup says doctors told her she has lost use of her right eye.

"It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit," Corine Remande, 49, told AFP. "I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye socket and an explosion of the eyeball."

Quote:
Remande told AFP she is considering legal action.

LINK

Horrific. I mean, she has no case what so ever against Koepka or the course in my opinion but man how unfortunate.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

If anyone hasn't heard yet, for some reason The Match is running for free on Bleacher Report.

LINK
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Tiger with the little chip in to tie it up on 17. All tied up going in to 18.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Phil Mickelson birdies 22nd hole to beat Tiger Woods in 'The Match'

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

TopGolf Comes to SoCal
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
TopGolf Comes to SoCal

Been hearing the rumors for. while. A golf buddy of mine does commercial real estate and there was talk of putting it in Inglewood near the new stadium. I like this plan better.

Can't wait!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
TopGolf Comes to SoCal

Been hearing the rumors for. while. A golf buddy of mine does commercial real estate and there was talk of putting it in Inglewood near the new stadium. I like this plan better.

Can't wait!

They've been negotiating with El Segundo for years now and the tide didn't change until certain city council people were voted out this year. It took a lot of work because El Segundo is a special kind of backwater. I can tell you that from firsthand knowledge.

TopGolf was trying to find other locations but they really wanted El Segundo. I am guessing its proximity to LAX is especially appealing. You can get a ton of transient business while people wait for their flights...on top of the regular business the course pulls from the Westside and South Bay.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Also, Stadium Links is coming to Angels stadium in a few weeks.

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/locations/anaheim/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
TopGolf Comes to SoCal

Can't wait!

They've been negotiating with El Segundo for years now and the tide didn't change until certain city council people were voted out this year. It took a lot of work because El Segundo is a special kind of backwater. I can tell you that from firsthand knowledge.

TopGolf was trying to find other locations but they really wanted El Segundo. I am guessing its proximity to LAX is especially appealing. You can get a ton of transient business while people wait for their flights...on top of the regular business the course pulls from the Westside and South Bay.

Yeah, It's a good location. Love playing The Lakes, so it will be cool to have Top Golf there as well (I hope).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Going on the 15th!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Phil Mickelson warns fans he’s ‘rusty,’ shoots 60 in first round of 2019

Sooooo looking forward to going to the Genesis in a few weeks.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

This looks like fun, wish they did something like this in the UK.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Just curious as to what some of you guys think about the new rule allowing the pin to stay in.

I have played 3 times under the new rules and my buddies and I have been going back and forth on how whether we are going to use it. I am undecided on whether I like the idea or not. On one hand I made a 45ish foot downhill putt with it in and based on the ball speed, the stick was definitely was an aid in making it. On the other, I find it really weird looking at the cup with the flag in. I don't feel I really see cups orientation. I also kinda feel likes it is "cheating" in a sense. I know it's intended to speed up play, but unless everyone starts leaving it in, it may actually slow things down.

There's clearly an advantage even though some claim it's as likely to hurt as to help. I was watching the Farmers this weekend and they said in the discussion of the new rule that the one dedicated study to the issue demonstrated a 31% advantage to leaving it in. Interestingly enough, despite the advantage, the only guy who was leaving the pin in was Adam Scott.

I'm guessing that over time as it becomes more common, the pros will start utilizing the option because of the advantages it provides.

Any of you guys going to start leaving the pin in?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Just curious as to what some of you guys think about the new rule allowing the pin to stay in.

I have played 3 times under the new rules and my buddies and I have been going back and forth on how whether we are going to use it. I am undecided on whether I like the idea or not. On one hand I made a 45ish foot downhill putt with it in and based on the ball speed, the stick was definitely was an aid in making it. On the other, I find it really weird looking at the cup with the flag in. I don't feel I really see cups orientation. I also kinda feel likes it is "cheating" in a sense. I know it's intended to speed up play, but unless everyone starts leaving it in, it may actually slow things down.

There's clearly an advantage even though some claim it's as likely to hurt as to help. I was watching the Farmers this weekend and they said in the discussion of the new rule that the one dedicated study to the issue demonstrated a 31% advantage to leaving it in. Interestingly enough, despite the advantage, the only guy who was leaving the pin in was Adam Scott.

I'm guessing that over time as it becomes more common, the pros will start utilizing the option because of the advantages it provides.

I'm for it if the player wants to do it.

I've never been a fan of standing on ceremony for no good reason. That's why baseball lost its place as the national pastime. Tradition is held in higher regard than progress.

That's another reason I like DeChambeau. He seems to have a unique approach to the game in the way he mixes science with feel.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I've never been a fan of standing on ceremony for no good reason. That's why baseball lost its place as the national pastime. Tradition is held in higher regard than progress.

That's another reason I like DeChambeau. He seems to have a unique approach to the game in the way he mixes science with feel.

It makes total sense to do so now that it is within the rules. There were some players leaving it in at Pebble Beach this past weekend, mostly the amateurs but a few pros.

Speaking of the PBPA, Tony Romo made a crazy shot after going WAYYYYY off the fairway:

Tony Romo's ridiculously amazing shot.

And now the tour heads here to LA for the Genesis Open at Riviera. Going to be there when the gates open for the third round. The atmosphere there if Tiger makes the cut is going to be nuts - not sure how I feel about that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I think the new drop rules are an improvement.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

It makes total sense to do so now that it is within the rules. There were some players leaving it in at Pebble Beach this past weekend, mostly the amateurs but a few pros.

Speaking of the PBPA, Tony Romo made a crazy shot after going WAYYYYY off the fairway:

Tony Romo's ridiculously amazing shot.

And now the tour heads here to LA for the Genesis Open at Riviera. Going to be there when the gates open for the third round. The atmosphere there if Tiger makes the cut is going to be nuts - not sure how I feel about that.

My buddy has a corporate suite there every year and it's a ton of fun. I can't go this year and I'm seriously bummed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I think the new drop rules are an improvement.

That, and I think the changes to what you are allowed to move or fix on the green and in the sand make much morse sense that the rigid but random old rules.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

Phil has looked good so far this year. Hoping he can keep it up. Pebble Beach will be very different for the U.S. Open, but Phil should still feel pretty good when he steps foot on the course again later this year.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

^^Phil had an amazing 3 bunker par on Thursday.

I'm not sure whats going to happen tomorrow. They are trying to claim the plan is to catch everybody up through 36 holes tomorrow but I just can't see it happening. Weather reports look like rain between 11-3 on Friday. Anybody seen updates or have opinions?

What are the usual options? Add an extra day monday is one. Do they ever make the opening round 18 holes instead of 36 and move to the weekend?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 3 of 33
Jump to: