Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44

Will he be treated as Cosby's being treated?

Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

jodeke wrote:

LINK
didnt I say, people kept acting like bill cosby was the only one. That was my biggest gripe. As if this stuff isnt /wasnt the norm. They do this stuff to women and children. And I would go on a limb and bet there are some propositioning men as well.

People in power abuse their power in most cases. How they abuse their power is usually the only question that needs to be asked.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Of course not

1) He's white
2) He's never had a clean reputation to begin with like Cosby who was America's Dad
3) He's a Behind the Scenes guy not on our TV screens every week like Bill.

Besides these women won't be considered sympathetic because many will think they only (bleep) him to get roles(which is probably true)

Unless rape is involved it won't matter.

That being said the fact he retained a bunch of lawyers include fake feminist Lisa Bloom speaks volumes.

I wonder who he pissed off to have all these skeletons fall out of his closet so to speak.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Do you want to be famous or not?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

No, this is not the same as the Bill Cosby situation. There is no allegation to my knowledge that Weinstein drugged and raped women.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
No, this is not the same as the Bill Cosby situation. There is no allegation to my knowledge that Weinstein drugged and sexually assaulted women.

And literally nobody was "acting like Cosby was the only one". That's a PnP original.

It has been a dark few weeks for the film community with scandals involving The Cinefamily, Alamo Drafthouse, and now this. Earlier in the year it was Fox News. There seems to be a poisonous trend with men in positions of unchecked power. The encouraging trend is that more and more, women aren't keeping their secrets anymore. Anyone behaving like this should be exposed, hopefully before they have the chance to do it for decades.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
No, this is not the same as the Bill Cosby situation. There is no allegation to my knowledge that Weinstein drugged and sexually assaulted women.

Sexual assault by any means is still sexual assault.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I don't know about that jodeke. No shades of gray?

Is Ezekiel Ellioty's shirt pulling the same as what Cosby did?

Perhaps both can be classified as sexual assault but I'd argue there are shades of gray at play here.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Perhaps both can be classified as sexual assault but I'd argue there are shades of gray at play here.

Shades of gray?

If you're killed with a bat or a bullet you'd be just as dead.

I take it you're not a female. If you were you might see it differently.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I didn't type "sexual assault." I used another word that the board's filter changed to "sexual assault." It starts with R. Plug in that word in your head, and re-read what I wrote. Weinstein did nothing that rises to the level of the R word.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I didn't type "sexual assault." I used another word that the board's filter changed to "sexual assault." It starts with R. Plug in that word in your head, and re-read what I wrote. Weinstein did nothing that rises to the level of the R word.

When you put it like that I have to change course.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Shades of gray?

Are you a female?

Are you seriously telling me that what Ezekiel Elliott did pulling the womans shirt is equivalent to what Cosby did????
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white
2) He's never had a clean reputation to begin with like Cosby who was America's Dad

LOL! The real reason he will not be treated the same way as Cosby...Weinstein is a far left liberal, and most of Hollywood and the main stream media will put as much lipstick on this pig as possible (pig is referring to the story, not the human).

Cosby was never a favorite of liberals for different positions he had taken over the years, mostly related to his positions and statements about African American communities (see Pound Cake Speech). Many on the left could not wait to bring down Cosby. Don't get me wrong, he deserved it for his actions, but not because of his opinions.

If you have any doubts, look no further than Roman Polanski....all he did was be convicted of raping (the R word) a 13 year old girl, then flee the country. Beyond the conviction, there have been other allegations of sexual crimes against minors. Still he is close to and admired by many Hollywood liberals. Some examples are Meryl Streep stating that she was “very sorry that he’s in jail” recently when he was held while the US tried to extradite him. Many liberals openly supported his efforts to avoid extradition for the crime...including Harrison Ford, Debra Winger, Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and yes....Harvey Weinstein. They literally gave the man a standing ovation after his 2002 film "The Pianist" won an Oscar. It was not enough to give a convicted child r apest an Oscar, but they stood and cheered him!

Do we even need to bring up Woody Allen? Jeffrey Epstein? Have you ever noticed how Bill Clinton's accusers are portrayed in comparison to Cosby's accusers?

As long as Weinstein keeps spouting liberal dogma and writing big checks....he likely has nothing to worry about.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

LOL! The real reason he will not be treated the same way as Cosby...Weinstein is a far left liberal, and most of Hollywood and the main stream media will put as much lipstick on this pig as possible (pig is referring to the story, not the human).

Cosby was never a favorite of liberals for different positions he had taken over the years, mostly related to his positions and statements about African American communities (see Pound Cake Speech). Many on the left could not wait to bring down Cosby. Don't get me wrong, he deserved it for his actions, but not because of his opinions.

If you have any doubts, look no further than Roman Polanski....all he did was be convicted of sexually assaulting (the R word) a 13 year old girl, then flee the country. Beyond the conviction, there have been other allegations of sexual crimes against minors. Still he is close to and admired by many Hollywood liberals. Some examples are Meryl Streep stating that she was “very sorry that he’s in jail” recently when he was held while the US tried to extradite him. Many liberals openly supported his efforts to avoid extradition for the crime...including Harrison Ford, Debra Winger, Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and yes....Harvey Weinstein. They literally gave the man a standing ovation after his 2002 film "The Pianist" won an Oscar. It was not enough to give a convicted child r apest an Oscar, but they stood and cheered him!

Do we even need to bring up Woody Allen? Jeffrey Epstein? Have you ever noticed how Bill Clinton's accusers are portrayed in comparison to Cosby's accusers?

As long as Weinstein keeps spouting liberal dogma and writing big checks....he likely has nothing to worry about.

Of course the leader of the Republican party proudly admitted to sexually assaulting women and routinely implies he wants to have sex with his daughter. Yet, most proud Republicans cheer everything he does and says and defend anything negative that's said about him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

If you have any doubts, look no further than Roman Polanski....all he did was be convicted of sexually assaulting (the R word) a 13 year old girl, then flee the country. Beyond the conviction, there have been other allegations of sexual crimes against minors. Still he is close to and admired by many Hollywood liberals. Some examples are Meryl Streep stating that she was “very sorry that he’s in jail” recently when he was held while the US tried to extradite him. Many liberals openly supported his efforts to avoid extradition for the crime...including Harrison Ford, Debra Winger, Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and yes....Harvey Weinstein. They literally gave the man a standing ovation after his 2002 film "The Pianist" won an Oscar. It was not enough to give a convicted child r apest an Oscar, but they stood and cheered him!

Of course the leader of the Republican party proudly admitted to sexually assaulting women and routinely implies he wants to have sex with his daughter. Yet, most proud Republicans cheer everything he does and says and defend anything negative that's said about him.

Politics in 2017.

We've come a long, long way.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

yep, your kind of right as far as being an apologist for sick statements, but your clearly exaggerating the claim....and the main stream media does not mostly ignore it....in contrast they also exaggerate it if anything. Let me ask you this, do you think the media will treat Weinstein in a similar manner as Roger Ailes? If he had not passed, Ailes would have never been given credibility again.

For gods sake, they still bring up Anita Hill whose claims against Justice Thomas were questionable at best. It's in the opening summary of the mans Wikipedia page....the opening summary. Bill Clinton's page mentions Lewinsky in the opening summary only as it relates to his impeachment...no mention of the decades of numerous sexual assault allegations against him....no mention of his close ties and frequent travel buddy Jeffrey Epstein. Liberals and the main stream media either downplay, ignore or make it a footnote for those that push their agenda......but they pretend it defines all of those that do not prescribe to said agenda.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Nope, the movers and shakers in Hollywood are immune.
Cosby while he was famous, was not in charge of a studio.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

Totally uncool. It seems you are motivated less by policy than tribe. Not every situation is identical, and I could rattle off a long list the other way, but why don't we take our pre judging of other partisans out if the equation and just deal with the particulars?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

Totally uncool. It seems you are motivated less by policy than tribe. Not every situation is identical, and I could rattle off a long list the other way, but why don't we take our pre judging of other partisans out if the equation and just deal with the particulars?

I dont get it....what am I claiming that you feel is inaccurate? Is Weinstein and Ailes not similar? Do you disagree that they will be treated very different? Has.....not sure how else to define them except "liberals" not had many examples of ignoring or diminishing sexual crimes and / or allegations when it is one of their own? Does the main stream media not often diminish and question the accusers of public figures that are liberal, while taking the word of any accuser of a conservative as almost beyond reproach? I am really not sure which part you disagree with, or which examples would debunk my claim.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

I dont get it....what am I claiming that you feel is inaccurate? Is Weinstein and Ailes not similar? Do you disagree that they will be treated very different? Has.....not sure how else to define them except "liberals" not had many examples of ignoring or diminishing sexual crimes and / or allegations when it is one of their own? Does the main stream media not often diminish and question the accusers of public figures that are liberal, while taking the word of any accuser of a conservative as almost beyond reproach? I am really not sure which part you disagree with, or which examples would debunk my claim.

I think I am making a few points:

1. There are a lot of particulars that change how different people are treated, including different circumstances, evidence, popularity, background, and yes, what tribe they belong to.

2. I think bith sides of the aisle engage in rank hypocrisy about "ours" and "theirs", and for the sake of this discussion, not even going to rank one vs the other.

3. You're in such a hurry to pre judge what you think will happen and why, and it is all based on tribe m, hence the "mainstream media" remarks and such.

Hkw about we try to figure the particulars and then work from there?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Shades of gray?

Are you a female?

Are you seriously telling me that what Ezekiel Elliott did pulling the womans shirt is equivalent to what Cosby did????

Nope, wasn't equating. I'm saying sexual harassment is sexual harassment.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Of course not
1) He's white

I think I am making a few points:

1. There are a lot of particulars that change how different people are treated, including different circumstances, evidence, popularity, background, and yes, what tribe they belong to.

2. I think bith sides of the aisle engage in rank hypocrisy about "ours" and "theirs", and for the sake of this discussion, not even going to rank one vs the other.

3. You're in such a hurry to pre judge what you think will happen and why, and it is all based on tribe m, hence the "mainstream media" remarks and such.

Hkw about we try to figure the particulars and then work from there?

ok, to be clear...not suggesting that one "tribe" actually is involved in these matters more than the other.....slime balls in every tribe, but my reference was related to the aftermath of the events.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Shades of gray?

Are you a female?

Nope, wasn't equating. I'm saying sexual harassment is sexual harassment.

What? Scroll up. You said "Sexual assault by any means is still sexual assault."

Both of the examples I provided are considered to be forms of sexual assault. I was just pointing out that your statement isn't really true, it's just one of those cliches we like to put out there today.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
slime balls in every tribe, but my reference was related to the aftermath of the events.

Thank goodness Fox fired O'Reilly the second they heard about his behavior and didn't spend millions of dollars quietly settling several lawsuits.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
slime balls in every tribe, but my reference was related to the aftermath of the events.

Thank goodness Fox fired O'Reilly the second they heard about his behavior and didn't spend millions of dollars quietly settling several lawsuits.

did Fox pay those, or did O'Reilly himself? Either way, I was done with that guy before those allegations became public. He had just been caught in too many lies....the one where he claimed to be at the door when that guy who was suspected to be linked to Oswald shot himself in the head.....but it was later confirmed he was nowhere near South Florida the day that took place.....broke the camels back for me.

The point is once the story broke, it was heavily reported in the news with extreme criticism by the media....his career as a national conservative news commentator is pretty much over, and I have not seen Republican and Conservative public figures demanding Fox put him back on the air, nor is he being celebrated by the media or conservatives.

you kind of made my point with Bill O'Reily....let's see where Weinstein is in a year or two. As I said, my guess is he will be making major movies, attending all of the elite Hollywood parties, walking up on stage accepting awards, doing interviews in the main stream media, and funding democratic campaigns and liberal causes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44
Jump to: