Watching our Lakers in another state via Amazon Fire Stick

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airkewld
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Watching our Lakers in another state via Amazon Fire Stick

Please move this to the appropriate section as necessary. I reside in AZ and have been a laker fan since 85. Been doing the NBA league pass since 2006 but looking for options. I have the Amazon Fire Stick with Sling TV and have Kodi and Terrarium TV. I have done a ton of research and found some people mentioning jail broke Fire Sticks, they have been able to get Spectrum Sports net. I think when you add Kodi you are jail broken but I could be mistaken. Anyone done this yet? If PM is more comfortable, please do. Thanks for your time and effort.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

I don't mind to pay, but which is the cheapest way to get the Lakers channels in South Cal?
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:
I don't mind to pay, but which is the cheapest way to get the Lakers channels in South Cal?

1. Download a VPN app such as "Tunnelbear" (totally free, legit, and legal).

2. Open the app, set your location to another country (I use Mexico).

3. Visit NBA.com and purchase League Pass. Make sure you register and pay while the VPN app is running. Once you're finished, turn off the app.

4. When the games begin, turn on the VPN app again. Go to watch.nba.com and login with the League Pass account you created. You can now watch all the games, Lakers included. Forget the illegal streams and cable companies.

Note: You may have to wait for the game to run for a minute before turning off the VPN. There's a usage limit for Tunnelbear on a free acount but I have paid for it as well. Very affordable and user friendly.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

If you have kodi installed I recommend Nemisis addon their sport zone has a good reddit scraper you will also need to install the sportdevil addon. YouTube is your friend
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

3. Visit NBA.com and purchase League Pass. Make sure you register and pay while the VPN app is running. Once you're finished, turn off the app.

4. When the games begin, turn on the VPN app again. Go to watch.nba.com and login with the League Pass account you created. You can now watch all the games, Lakers included. Forget the illegal streams and cable companies.

Note: You may have to wait for the game to run for a minute before turning off the VPN. There's a usage limit for Tunnelbear on a free acount but I have paid for it as well. Very affordable and user friendly.

When I use VPN, websites still know my location?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Watching our Lakers in another state via Amazon Fire Stick

DELETED

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

Thanks. Will give it a try.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Ballstreams, League Pass are good but I think the OP wants to know how to get Spectrum Sports Net without having cable. I also like to know. I miss all the pre game, post game and Lakers content.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Watching our Lakers in another state via Amazon Fire Stick

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
airkewld wrote:
I have the Amazon Fire Stick with Sling TV and have Kodi and Terrarium TV. I have done a ton of research and found some people mentioning jail broke Fire Sticks, they have been able to get Spectrum Sports net. I think when you add Kodi you are jail broken but I could be mistaken. Anyone done this yet? If PM is more comfortable, please do. Thanks for your time and effort.

There is something called "Ball Streams" that seems to be the most popularly talked about. I haven't used it though.

ballstreams has been gone for over an year...
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Watching our Lakers in another state via Amazon Fire Stick

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
airkewld wrote:
I have the Amazon Fire Stick with Sling TV and have Kodi and Terrarium TV. I have done a ton of research and found some people mentioning jail broke Fire Sticks, they have been able to get Spectrum Sports net. I think when you add Kodi you are jail broken but I could be mistaken. Anyone done this yet? If PM is more comfortable, please do. Thanks for your time and effort.

There is something called "Ball Streams" that seems to be the most popularly talked about. I haven't used it though.

Damn. Thanks for letting me know.

I dont think you can get the spectrum app unless someone with spectrum cable in the Lakers market, which includes a lot more than LA, gives you the password. And even then, you would get all the pregame, replays and backstage lakers for sure. The live games however may or may not have a problem in the spectrum app if you are not on the wifi network linked to that house address.

I tried to watch the game on campus at USC a while back, but through the spectrum web app and it said the live games are only available online if I am connected to my spectrum internet router.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

hehestreams is the new ballstreams. NBA League Pass feeds for $100 a season or you can play less for a partial season. Payment via Bitcoin or Amazon gift card only.

I had success with Kodi last year as well, but I forget the add on I used. I think it was just called "Pro Sports".
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LALdynasty! wrote:
hehestreams is the new ballstreams. NBA League Pass feeds for $100 a season or you can play less for a partial season. Payment via Bitcoin or Amazon gift card only.

I had success with Kodi last year as well, but I forget the add on I used. I think it was just called "Pro Sports".

Pro Sports is no longer supported but Nemesis is a new addon that has a good reddit sports scraper for NFL. NBA, MLB, NFL, Soccer and Boxing it has worked well for me with some good streams in MLB and NFL I look forward to trying it on NBA streams as well. Sportdevil is always a good fallback. I havent missed a game i wanted to watch in a couple years.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Watching our Lakers in another state via Amazon Fire Stick

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
airkewld wrote:

Damn. Thanks for letting me know.

I dont think you can get the spectrum app unless someone with spectrum cable in the Lakers market, which includes a lot more than LA, gives you the password. And even then, you would get all the pregame, replays and backstage lakers for sure. The live games however may or may not have a problem in the spectrum app if you are not on the wifi network linked to that house address.

I tried to watch the game on campus at USC a while back, but through the spectrum web app and it said the live games are only available online if I am connected to my spectrum internet router.

The spectrum app worked for me for live games all of last year.
LakersTv247
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: How to watch NBA , NFL, MLB, NHL, and PPV for a low price

I've been using KODI /XBMC for years now and it's hard to find reliable Live Tv links , and to my knowledge almost nobody carries Spectrum Sporsnet.

I use Gears Tv cost $15 a month ,they have a Kodi add-on , and an apk. that doesn't require Kodi , it can be installed on any Android device .. over 200 USA channels all in HD about 450 total channels

I used to have DirecTv paid $14 a month just for regional sports access

Lakers ,Dodgers, NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, PPV channels included no brainer Gears Tv is worth every penny.

Last edited by LakersTv247 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: How to watch NBA , NFL, MLB, NHL, and PPV for a low price

LakersTv247 wrote:
I've been using KODI /XBMC for years now and it's hard to find reliable Live Tv links , and to my knowledge almost nobody carries Spectrum Sporsnet.

I use Gears Tv cost $15 ,they have a Kodi add-on , and an apk. that doesn't require Kodi , it can be installed on any Android device .. over 200 USA channels all in HD about 450 total channels

I used to have DirecTv paid $14 a month just for regional sports access

Lakers ,Dodgers, NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, PPV channels included no brainer Gears Tv is worth every penny.
Gears TV has Spectrum Sportsnet?
LakersTv247
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

Yes !! Gears TV has Spectrum Sportnet both the Lakers and Dodgers channels ... Lakers channel is showing .. Lonzo vs Celtics summer league replay right now.

Huge Lakers Fan, usually I just browse the Forum

On the side I configure Fire Tv's and FireSticks.

Oh and Gears TV doesn't require you to be out of state.. Works anywhere no VPN required.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about non-Spectrum subscribers but I have Spectrum cable at home and I have the new 8" Kindle Fire tablet which I put the new Spectrum app on and it worked fine at my friend's house - who has AT&T internet btw so as far as I can tell, even if I went to say Vegas, it should work as long as I can get fast enough access - the same goes for my IPhone. I guess we'll have to wait until the games start to see if there are any problems.
LakersTv247
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

This is detailed look at Gears TV, updated Today, not my video, but the same service I recommend .. I don't wanna post how to get the service .. Just in case this would be prohibited.

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Is Gears TV free?
LakersTv247
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

NO, Gears Tv is not Free cost $15 a month .. watch the video I posted above .. it goes into detail about all the channels included.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/

/thread

Pick the streams that have the fewest ad overlays.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/

/thread

Pick the streams that have the fewest ad overlays.

KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Gears TV went up and is now $18 a month.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: