Sign D-Rose for cheap this offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

He's done and also a pain in the ass.
No
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

lolno.

Last edited by KBH on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Stay away with a 10 mile radius. Derrick Rose as a starting PG in 2017 is not going to make you a championship team (or anywhere remotely close to the playoffs).

Right on, look how much he "helped" the Knicks this season...
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Stay away with a 10 mile radius. Derrick Rose as a starting PG in 2017 is not going to make you a championship team (or anywhere remotely close to the playoffs).

Right on, look how much he "helped" the Knicks this season...

"Superteam". Really though I swear people who think Rose deserves to start in 2017 are the same people who think he can revert back to MVP form
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Of course you don't overpay Rose, but if you can get
him at a reduced discount he will be a upgrade, I mean would you rather have Rondo or Rose?

Neither. Stop looking at people's names and look at their style of play, age and fit.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
him at a reduced discount he will be a upgrade, I mean would you rather have Rondo or Rose?

Neither. Stop looking at people's names and look at their style of play, age and fit.

Okay, but my point was that he would be a talent upgrade, is he gonna help us win a title? Most likely not, but he will give us another piece... not saying get him at all costs, but we have to look at all possibilities.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

He's not even better than Ron Baker.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KBH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Okay, but my point was that he would be a talent upgrade, is he gonna help us win a title? Most likely not, but he will give us another piece... not saying get him at all costs, but we have to look at all possibilities.

I think you're basing talent on reputation rather than current ability and need. Rose doesn't give you defense and Rondo isn't the defender he once was. Neither of them provide shooting that we need more of. There are probably going to be guys out there with less pure "talent" that fill our needs more than either of those guys.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Nope. Never. Not at any cost. He's not a good player anymore. He doesn't fit into the team's style of offense. He thought that the Knicks were a Super Team. Maybe he meant Super Crappy Team? He had an off the court incident in LA of all places, even though he's not guilty it's still not a good look. He couldn't get along with Jimmy Butler, wouldn't help pitch Carmelo when he was doing is FA tour...

Yeah, I have no interest...
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't say that he doesn't care about the money, but I am curious to know why the Lakers haven't even considered him as a free agent.
I know he really doesn't fit, but he is a BIG NAME player and worth the consideration IMO.
I guess injuries and his recent antics all play a part in him not being highly touted as a FA right now... Sad thing, because he was on the road to becoming a great player.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

We just need a veteran back up PG to sign a 1 year deal and mentor Ball. Unfortunately George Hill signed with Kings for a longer term deal. Maybe Rondo will sign for a 1 year deal. Not sure if Rose will.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

Rose has gone under the Radar for most of this summer's free agency. Now he's starting to get some attention from none other than Dallas of course. I think he might best fit the Lakers for a one and done to prove that he can play at a high level and to transition his career back to some form of stardom in the NBA.

Truthfully, he needs to reshape his game and become more of a scoring threat from outside. His willingness and ability to get to the rim at his size may have shortened his career, but he's young enough to alter and change course.

If you look at the smaller guards in the league, they're more prone to shooting mid-range and from behind the arc in order to affect the game, very seldom are you seeing them go in among the trees to get to the cup, mainly only when running the floor on a fast break 3 on 2...
Kyrie is another example wherein he's had some nagging injuries as well and probably should continue to hone his mid-outside game, although his is far better than D-Rose.

Rose would be a great add to these Lakers, he and Ball in the back court together would be pretty formidable, as well as an anchor like Lopez, those two came into the league together in 2008.
Ball+ Rose+Ingram+Randle+Lopez
Work the Magic!
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Apparently we had a long meeting that "went well" with D-Rose.

Honestly, i would be full on on Rose joining the Lakers.

Rose would give us a very good opportunity to mix our game style and to address Mr. Deng situation...

He averaged 18 ppg, 4.4 ass and shot 47% from the floor last season on 32mpg. These are nice stats in a bad team. He also played 64 games this season and 66 the previous one.

With Rose playing like a 2 guard Backing up to Ball AND KCP, we could give him around 30 minutes a game.

What would we get from Rose signing with us:

- A SG that can create his own shot regularly (better than JC),
- A PG with a different style than Lonzo that could help us mix the system when needed,
- A veteran that the Kids actually respect,
- Some added excitement to improve our marketability next year.

What will Rose win by chosing us over the Cavs:

- More money,
- More minutes,
- Playing on a rising improving team will rise his stock,
- Will not be part of the blame (bench) when the Cavs lose to the Warriors thus hurting his stock.

Also, what do you guys think of that:

If D.Rose joins us, why not try to move Deng immediately packaging JC and Larry?

I mean, Kuzma and Randle would be more than enough. JC isn't any better than Rose as an offensive SG.

To me, this signing would make perfect sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: