Warning - The Constant Negativity Will No Longer Be Tolerated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

Excellent.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

I hope this rule holds true for game threads this year and we do not have the same handful of posters attacking Clarkson every 2 minutes.
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Warning - The Constant Negativity Will No Longer Be Tolerated

LakerSanity wrote:
The negativity by so-called fans of this team is appalling. Frankly, its beginning to be a detriment to this site and we can't tolerate it any longer. The negativity is truly becoming unbearable and undermining the ability for many to enjoy this website.

It's fine to have a negative opinion, but it should be backed up with some analysis and thoughtful justification. Too many posters enter threads to throw down what might be called a "troll bomb" - in other words, a criticism of a player without any analysis what-so-ever. There was some optimism that maybe it would calm down a bit once Russell was traded, but it doesn't seem like a phenomenon unique to Russell. Now Ball is becoming the target (even before his first summer league game).

The mods (myself included) will start cleaning house a bit to get rid of posters who seem to either (a) have an agenda against any single player; and/or (b) consistently offer no more than criticism, especially without any thoughtful analysis.

To make things easier, we will sticky a general piss and moan thread for those who need to vent. Keep the venting to that thread as your "safe space." If the venting reaches other threads, you can take this post as your warning. Those posters who cannot provide thoughtful analysis rather than just entering threads to crap on our players will not be around here much longer.

If you see posters who are violating this warning, PLEASE report their posts and we will address them. More of you all need to use the "report" feature. It really helps us out. Thank you.

Ahh THANK YOU for starting this thread, it's been difficult to read all that negativity against the FO to the coaches to the drafted players. Good riddance hopefully
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Thank you! And I hope the other mods use that thread for their venting and passive aggressive comments too

Let's all enjoy what we have and allow patience for the FO plan next year.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

I have to agree with this post.

The Jules Randle hate is unreasonable. He is only in his second season. And has improved every season. And he is paid cheap.

The Clarkson hate doesn't make sense. Sure he is overpaid a little. But he was a 15ppg scorer. And for his draft position is a good player.

The Nick Young hate was ridiculous. Now he goes to the Warriors to help shoot them to a championship. This guy can shoot the 3.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Thank you mods. Much appreciated.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
I have to agree with this post.

The Jules Randle hate is unreasonable. He is only in his second season. And has improved every season. And he is paid cheap.

The Clarkson hate doesn't make sense. Sure he is overpaid a little. But he was a 15ppg scorer. And for his draft position is a good player.

The Nick Young hate was ridiculous. Now he goes to the Warriors to help shoot them to a championship. This guy can shoot the 3.

Add the FO (present & past); I agree.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Great to hear this LS.

When I joined it was considered unacceptable to refer to our players as Odom= Scrotum or Puke Walton, etc. And would earn you a suspension. Sure, there's always been criticism of our players on this site and posters who favor one player over another however it was done (for the most part) in a respectful manner. I think the puns and memes have gone too far and I'd like to see a return to the old policy.

Some don't like heavily moderated forums, I get that, however imho that's what made LG special and is a reason I kept coming back.

Keep up the good work Mods.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Does this also apply to the posters bringing up DLO in every thread

It depends on how it is brought up. Again, it's not about the topic but how it is addressed by that person and, likewise, how those respond to it. Dont criticize for the sake of it and don't keep bombing a thread over and over with the same take just out of frustration. Add something to the discussion that requires actual thought/intelligent discourse and allows the thread to move forward in a productive way.

I liked D-Lo just as much as anyone but some posters are nearing Linsanity levels. Hopefully this will reign us all in.
To me it's all about the Lakers organization first, last and foremost.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Thank you!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I liked D-Lo just as much as anyone but some posters are nearing Linsanity levels. Hopefully this will reign us all in.

Congrats on 25k
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

THANK YOU!

#BannersOverBillboards
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Congrats on 25k
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
(a) have an agenda against any single player; and/or (b) consistently offer no more than criticism, especially without any thoughtful analysis.

Those points right there. Perfect closing argument. Thank you.

Yes- those are the key. It will make a huge difference in the overall quality of the board.

Thanks LS and all the mods.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

You mods are the reason I keep coming back to LG. Sanity reigns. Thanks guys and gals.
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Thank you! Hoping that you also monitor name-calling like Tragic or Jimbo.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm still going to bag on the refs in game threads tho

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Great to hear this LS.

When I joined it was considered unacceptable to refer to our players as Odom= Scrotum or Puke Walton, etc. And would earn you a suspension. Sure, there's always been criticism of our players on this site and posters who favor one player over another however it was done (for the most part) in a respectful manner. I think the puns and memes have gone too far and I'd like to see a return to the old policy.

Some don't like heavily moderated forums, I get that, however imho that's what made LG special and is a reason I kept coming back.

Keep up the good work Mods.

Yep, on top of this, Facebook has a ton of Laker groups and they are almost ALL horribly moderated. There is one lady who is an admin who goes around bashing the players and if you even try to debate her, she just attempts to obliterate you with a very heavy hand. Lots of cronyism there. After explaining how I felt about it, I finally had to tell her to go bleep herself and I quit the group.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

As you can see I've been a long time member but I hardly visit anymore because it's been so negative. I hope things get better.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

As a looong time member of this board, I would like to say thank you to DB and the mods for this.

LG has been through some ups and downs in the past (Shaq leaving, trading for Vlade and Brian Grant to replace him, trading for Roy Hibbert, hiring Pringles when Phil wanted the job, losing Pau for nothing, Doc Buss / Chick Hearn passing, etc).

One of the things that has always stood out on this board is no matter what the situation is the insight it's members bring to the board. A lot of our members are not just big on this board but in the LA and NBA community was well (emplay, Larry Coon, etc).

While it is easy to say player A sucks and player B is the GOAT, our posters are better than that. And while we can get passionate about our point of view, there comes a time to drop the subject and move on. We are better than the pettiness and vitriol that has been dominating the board as of late. Just like players in the NBA we need to step up our game and take our posts to the next level.

L7
Member since 2003
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LG to the moderators:
http://bit.ly/2sBFd9i
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

That's a great thing and I just regret this measure wasn't taken two years ago. I hope people don't confuse being critical with being negative and bear in mind one can just as annoying by being overly optimistic. Someone (player, coach, FO) can make the biggest (bleep) ever and there will be fools clapping. Especially when people accuse others of being "no true Lakers fans" simply because they have a different opinion or being critical.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks LS!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: