PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Loving con-man Jimmy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Loving con-man Jimmy.

He's so good he fools the viewers. Fooled me with the sign scam.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

He had me fooled twice this episode. I was crackin up when the other lawyer saw his billboard.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject:

Loving the first 4 episodes so far. Saw a rerun of breaking bad and Saul got his accreditation from University of America Samoa? Wtf. Flashback to the beaches in Samoa?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

I felt so bad for him when that woman told him he only defends guilty people. But that was the turning point, right there.

Some brilliant stuff in this episode.

I loved the scene when his brother leaves the house to get that paper from the neighbor. So dramatic. The camera angle, the sound effects. etc.

Both cons fooled me. Didn't expect them at all.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I felt so bad for him when that woman told him he only defends guilty people. But that was the turning point, right there.

I loved the scene when his brother leaves the house to get that paper from the neighbor. So dramatic. The camera angle, the sound effects. etc.

She gave him the retainer right after she said that. Doesn't that say she's guilty? From what I glean, they got off and kept the money.

Saul can talk the sweet out of sugar.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

So far I'm loving this show. It's first 4 episodes have engaged me more than Breaking Bad's first 4 episodes (I thought season 1 of BB was it's weakest).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
So far I'm loving this show. It's first 4 episodes have engaged me more than Breaking Bad's first 4 episodes (I thought season 1 of BB was it's weakest).

Agree 100%. Jimmy/Saul is just so likable. Sure Walt was easy to root for but it's different. I caught up on BB around season 3 so I didn't have to wait between eps in the first couple seasons but I dont think I would have been as impatient between episodes as I am with BCS and the last 3 seasons of BB. When Gus came into BB it really changed everything.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Saul isn't some tough guy with big muscles or a gun and badge. He's a slick talking, sneaky SOB and it's pretty damn entertaining watching him "work". Love the show so far.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

She gave him the retainer right after she said that. Doesn't that say she's guilty? From what I glean, they got off and kept the money.

No wonder people get so salty with him!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Wait for it.....

Wait for it........

Wait for it.....

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Wait for it.....

Wait for it........

Wait for it.....

Hank Schrader wrote:
Did someone mention minerals?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

I agree... BB s01 was not that strong but was good enough to get you to follow... then Gus Fring happened, made a lot of difference to that show.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Was it a retainer or was it the hush money she initially offerred him not to tell anyone about the stolen money, which he them laundered through his law practice?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Was it a retainer or was it the hush money she initially offerred him not to tell anyone about the stolen money, which he them laundered through his law practice?

I thought when he was calculating the money it was to present a legal service bill. Saul said he couldn't take any money to be quiet, he could take a retainer.

If I read it right he's their lawyer. Nacho said the cops may believe that camping story but he didn't. I took that as he got them off and didn't say anything about the money.

I wonder if Nacho is going to go away? Saul convinced him whoever warned the family did him a favor.

Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I thought when he was calculating the money it was to present a legal service bill. Saul said he couldn't take any money to be quiet, he could take a retainer.

If I read it right he's their lawyer. Nacho said the cops may believe that camping story but he didn't. I took that as he got them off and didn't say anything about the money.

I wonder if Nacho is going to go away? Saul convinced him whoever warned the family did him a favor.

He's not their lawyer, they clearly turned him down. They gave him hush money and he used it on the billboard, suit, stunt/con etc.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
He had me fooled twice this episode. I was crackin up when the other lawyer saw his billboard.

Yep, I didn't catch on until he as insisting the billboard be in the shot. I was like...ah you mf'er .
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's not their lawyer, they clearly turned him down. They gave him hush money and he used it on the billboard, suit, stunt/con etc.

You can see he still has his scruples when he tried to turn them down. He revers back to Saul the con man when it's evident he accepts the bribe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

You can see he still has his scruples when he tried to turn them down. He revers back to Saul the con man when it's evident he accepts the bribe.

Going over it in my mind, you guys may be right. I drew my conclusion because I thought when he was counting the money he was giving it legal presence.

How's he going to explain how he paid for expensive suits, the bill board etc.?

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Going over it in my mind, you guys may be right. I drew my conclusion because I thought when he was counting the money he was giving it legal presence.

How's he going to explain how he paid for expensive suits, the bill board etc.?

I think that's why he was making up bs billing of fictitious clients with the calculator. He even said something to the effect of "What's a top notch lawyer's hourly? $950/hour". There went a stack...so on and so forth.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

C'mon jodeke it couldn't be any clearer that they turned him down. Leaves me to wonder about your interpretation of other films.

"So I gather Obi Wan turned himself into a pile of clothes."

"If I read it right I don't think Michael knows it was Fredo."

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C'mon jodeke it couldn't be any clearer that they turned him down. Leaves me to wonder about your interpretation of other films.

Too contemporary.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Go to the home of Beezebub my brutha and you know where you can stick his pitch fork.

I thought it was Sonny till they shot him at the movies.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

This show is totally nailing it so far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17
Jump to: