Better Call Saul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
With Saul...we know where he ends up too, but the story looks a bit less interesting. But they do get to reuse sets and base it in Albuquerque where all the familair characters have a chance to drop in and change things.

We don't know where he ends up because he isn't dead like Gus is. For that reason alone, there's more to do with the character of Saul than there was with Gus.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
With Saul...we know where he ends up too, but the story looks a bit less interesting. But they do get to reuse sets and base it in Albuquerque where all the familair characters have a chance to drop in and change things.

We don't know where he ends up because he isn't dead like Gus is. For that reason alone, there's more to do with the character of Saul than there was with Gus.

It's often better to travel, than to arrive.

Everybody dies...it's what they do before it that means something.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

How crazy can they go with the Saul storyline considering we know what happens to him and how his character has developed from BrBa? Hopefully they'll touch upon the vacuum repair guy, how he came to know about Gus since he was the one who first put Walt in contact with Gus, and how Mike ends up being the badass that he is. I'm assuming since Mike is working the parking lot toll booth, he has already quit/retired from the police force. Saul also was the one, if I'm not mistaken, that knew about the Vamanos Pest extermination guys when Walt and Jesse were looking for a new place to cook. That means we might run into Todd again. I could see this show being very successful, and I'll give the writers the benefit considering their history. The first episode was good, I think today's will help determine what route this show takes.

Also, this show takes place in 2002. I think BrBa started in 2007, so I guess this is set 5 years before.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

2 episodes in and I already am seeing improvement from ep1 to ep2. He's not Saul yet but that charm is coming through.

The more I think about it, the more it feels like it'll be another BB/transformation show. Walter White began having Heisenberg peak through until finally he became Heisenberg. I see the same thing happening with Jimmy/Saul.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Also, I CAN NOT WAIT until the episode that Jimmy pretends to be Kevin Costner to pick up a chick.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
How crazy can they go with the Saul storyline considering we know what happens to him and how his character has developed from BrBa? Hopefully they'll touch upon the vacuum repair guy, how he came to know about Gus since he was the one who first put Walt in contact with Gus, and how Mike ends up being the badass that he is. I'm assuming since Mike is working the parking lot toll booth, he has already quit/retired from the police force. Saul also was the one, if I'm not mistaken, that knew about the Vamanos Pest extermination guys when Walt and Jesse were looking for a new place to cook. That means we might run into Todd again. I could see this show being very successful, and I'll give the writers the benefit considering their history. The first episode was good, I think today's will help determine what route this show takes.

Also, this show takes place in 2002. I think BrBa started in 2007, so I guess this is set 5 years before.

There's probably going to be a lot of filler criminals that he'll eventually end up working with.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Ted wrote:

There's probably going to be a lot of filler criminals that he'll eventually end up working with.

That's the thing, the Saul we know has connections and BrBa was packed with characters we wanted to know more about. When Saul first came in, I assumed it was mostly for comedic relief. Thing is though, his character opened up a lot of doors and also painted a picture directly to the viewer and to Walt of what Walt was getting into step by step. BrBa was the best show ever, and even if Saul wasn't your favorite he does offer the most as a central figure in a spinoff.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Seeing the wimpy dude from Orphan Black be a "serious" criminal in this show is hard to believe at first haha.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Much better second episode. Better pace, better dialogue. I'll stick around for sure.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Seeing the wimpy dude from Orphan Black be a "serious" criminal in this show is hard to believe at first haha.

Did you play FC3? I watched Orphan Black after playing that and immediately recognized his voice. He's my favorite character on Orphan Black after Allison.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Did you play FC3? I watched Orphan Black after playing that and immediately recognized his voice. He's my favorite character on Orphan Black after Allison.

Wait was he that Vas dude or someone else? I did play FC3 but never finished...

He's a good character...those two garage scenes were priceless
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Wait was he that Vas dude or someone else? I did play FC3 but never finished...

He's a good character...those two garage scenes were priceless

Yep. If you put him next to the in game character, you'll see the physical similarities as well.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Show is getting better with each episode. I just wish they wouldn't do a cliff hanger at the end of every single episode, lol. Glad to see Mike and Jimmy starting to get on good terms.

ps, I knew I recognized Nacho but didn't realize it was from Orphan Black. He doesnt seem as tough all of the sudden
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

At the beginning of this last episode... I could have sworn that was Robert Forster (vacuum guy) checking in and dropping his stuff into the Jail Dropbox. They showed an angle from behind where you only saw his left side and it looked like him for a brief moment. Good to see Mike becoming a part of "the game"
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

Fantastic 3rd episode.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Show is getting better with each episode. I just wish they wouldn't do a cliff hanger at the end of every single episode, lol.

Yeah, same here. Particularly since they give away what happens in the previews for the next episode.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Show is getting better with each episode. I just wish they wouldn't do a cliff hanger at the end of every single episode, lol.

Yeah, same here. Particularly since they give away what happens in the previews for the next episode.

I've made it a point to avoid previews altogether for years.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Great show. I'm hooked.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject:

saw this on another forum

this guy on better call saul

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9X3K40CMAEIdrZ.jpg

is professor lasky

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kj9IYKmxKO8/S7ZIwPeeflI/AAAAAAAAAj0/tOcMBXr7L3k/s400/KellyAnd075.jpg

Last edited by sickside323 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Just caught up today. Jimmy has been talking his way out of some deep doo doo. He can sell ice to a Eskimo.

It took three episode for Mike to become a part of the scheme. I thought it would happen sooner or later. I thought he'd let Jimmy slide on the validations as a way in. His being a ex cop was a surprise. Lawyers need private eyes, maybe Mike?

Will Jimmy keep some of the money?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

This is just as compelling as Breaking Bad so far. There has been zero spin-off casualty.

Can't get enough Michael McKean.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
This is just as compelling as Breaking Bad so far. There has been zero spin-off casualty.

Can't get enough Michael McKean.

Yep. The dumb play would have made Tuco instead of Nacho as the main "bad" guy. That would have been the easy, generic way to tie things in. Well done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

First time I heard Jimmy called Saul. That was some scam they pulled to start the episode.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Man that second scam even had me fooled.

fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
First time I heard Jimmy called Saul. That was some scam they pulled to start the episode.

Nice foreshadow, paper scene at the end was great too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: