2006 NBA Draft Thread - Workouts/Prospects/Scouting Reports. With the 26th pick of the NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALbino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Would anyone be too upset if we drafted Joel Freeland with James White still on the board?

Extremely upset :)

AL.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

From what I've read, Freeland would be an ideal candidate to stay overseas a year or two and try to refine his game. For that reason he seems to be a good fit for the second round.

I'd rather have someone that can contribute to our team now and have upside for the future in the first round. I think White is both those things...
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Why the hell does anyone want Jordan Farmar? he's another Puffy PG like Derek Fisher he freaking stinks.

Because Fisher couldn't shoot, pass, or jump like that.

Exactly. I played with Farmar in high school. He is something special...I have no idea where all the hate for him on here comes from. Maybe cuz he's Jewish?...Anyhow, Jordan is a pure shooter, he can pass, great decision maker, ball-handler, excellent hops, basically a true point guard with a great basketball mind...He's not even a bad defender like everyone is claiming, I bet you anything Laker fans would get to love him if we drafted him...PeACe
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yellowledbetter wrote:
an athletic wing player: Hassan Adams (though he can't shoot), Maurice Ager or Shannon Brown are guys that i'd have my eye on this early on.

Here's my thing. I think Ager is the most complete 2/3 wing of the guys listed. Jumpshot, basic fundamentals both ends of the court, good size, very good athleticism. Shannon Brown is a notch below him all-around.

Adams on the other hand is like having Desmond Mason all over again. I don't see a problem with that either.

James White is just pure athletic clay.

Usually in a draft this weak, it really doesn't hurt to pick the best athlete available. Technically it still falls under the philosophy of "best player available," considering the athletic players will have more upside than those who have considerable more skill; Morrison, Redick, etc.

I forgot to mention Paul Millsap. Malik Rose II.

thats james white's upside and downside. upside because theres potential there, downside because that's been his upside for 5 years. i'm just wondering if he'll ever step up. he seems to be roughly a taller smush parker with a better attitude and slightly better passing skills.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Why the hell does anyone want Jordan Farmar? he's another Puffy PG like Derek Fisher he freaking stinks.

Exactly. I played with Farmar in high school. He is something special...I have no idea where all the hate for him on here comes from. Maybe cuz he's Jewish?...Anyhow, Jordan is a pure shooter, he can pass, great decision maker, ball-handler, excellent hops, basically a true point guard with a great basketball mind...He's not even a bad defender like everyone is claiming, I bet you anything Laker fans would get to love him if we drafted him...PeACe

I doubt anyone here "hates" him, so really read what people are saying until you accuse people of being racist.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

I doubt anyone here "hates" him, so really read what people are saying until you accuse people of being racist.

I never accused anyone of being racist, so far you are the only one making false accusations. It's pretty self-evident that a Jewish player would be looked at as less atheltic and a higher risk due to the small amount of Jews that have made it to the league...PeACe
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

ok, i misunderstood you, but please don't speculate that people "hate" him (i don't know how serious you were by this term since people use it so loosely these days) because of his race. Just an fyi I think he's half black too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
if the names j. farmar or p. davis are announced at 26 tomorrow night, i'm jumping out the window.

And sleeping with the fishes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

ALbino wrote:
Looks to me like there could be some quality available at 51. Guys like Taj Gray, Powe, Adams and Bobby Jones could be available there. Maybe even Guillermo Diaz, Vinicius or Barea. I'd be thrilled with any one of those guys at 51.

AL.

Draftexpress has us picking White at 26 and Taj Gray at 51. I could live with that.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

It's not the Farmar is judged inadequate. At the 26th pick, the Lakers will have at least five players that can help them way more than Farmar can help. Farmar won't be able to guard Bibby, Nash and Parker.

Farmar can guard other point guards fine.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

www.nbadraft.net

...has the premium type profiles up, really nice and alot of info just click on the players name
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I found Phil's pick, Louis Amundson, "Notes: An excellent student who graduated (bleep) laude with a bachlor's degree in university studies with a focus in English and philosophy ..."
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Well hey, I don't have a problem with that kind of PG, e.g. Luther Head.

Just something about Douby's game I don't like and I can't point it out specifically.

yes you can mike. you already know what it is about Douby's game you aint feelin. the fact that he seems like a overdribbling Dog. anyone with sense would know that there is no room for 2 ball dominant guards. and most of us with sense, dont like Short Shooting guards. I dont like em either. never have, and never will. BUT, you have to change with the times. the Tparkers, jason terry's, steve nash(scoring ability), etc. I'm sick of those guys walking around us for 20+ per. and our guy either not having the green light (due to lack of ability) to get back at these guys on offense. OR Kobe thinking Thrice about kicking it out for the same reasons.

I saw what happened to smush. and quite frankly I dont want to leave smush (a Non steve kerry type of guy) out on an island like that again. I dont care how well he can shoot. He isn't a Shooter. now this Douby guy, is a Shooter, that is also a scorer.

Like i keep saying. whats the odds of us finding a guy that has all of Douby's abilities, and his fearlessness. but does not have that hint of a Kosher Frank?

those guys dont exist for the most part. Unless. you know where we can steal Luther head away from houston or get a guy just like em.

Imagine this. We're playing the suns and they go with a 3 guard line up and place Diaw at the PF or C spot.

We would be able to counter that with Smush, Douby(or a guy like him), Kobe at SF, LO vs Diaw, and whoever at center. and we could then say, we can run with em, if need be.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
yes you can mike. you already know what it is about Douby's game you aint feelin. the fact that he seems like a overdribbling Dog. anyone with sense would know that there is no room for 2 ball dominant guards. and most of us with sense, dont like Short Shooting guards

Well in a sense that's half the answer. I still want a pure PG, regardless of how ball-dominant they may be, to be on the team.

About the Suns example.... if Diaw was in, you could say the same with Banks at the MLE, then, White, Ager, Brown, Collins, etc.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

My mock. Got it get it in somewhere... This is one of the craziest drafts I've tried to mock. So many ways it could go.

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani (If anyone but Bargnani goes here, quite possible we have a trade. Take some stones to make this pick, but Bargnani has shown he can play)
2. Chicago - Tyrus Thomas (Fall back option if there is no trade, could be Aldridge)
3. Charlotte - Rudy Gay (MJ passes on Morrison and Aldridge?)
4. Portland - LaMarcus Aldridge (Surprise...if gone to Chicago Morrison goes here)
5. Houston - Brandon Roy (trade with Atlanta)
6. Minnesota - Adam Morrison (Farthest he could drop. Could swap with N.O.'s picks)
7. Portland - Randy Foye (Aldridge could also go here, but said to be lock at 4. Could see Portland and TWolves swap picks via minor trade.)
8. Atlanta - Sheldon Williams (trade with Houston)
9. Golden State - Ronnie Brewer (Too good for them to pass on for O'Bryant?)
10. Seattle - Cedric Simmons (worked out Sene twice, would like Brewer or Foye)
11. Orlando - JJ Redick (Could be Carny, not TMac, but he roomed with him)
12. New Orleans - Hilton Armstrong (Could be O'Bryant, Minnesota could pick here via trade)
13. Philly - Marcus Williams (Could go to Celts, but Philly takes the BPA)
14. Utah - Saer Sene (If Foye, Brewer and Sene are gone, the Jazz could trade down)
15. New Orleans - Patrick O'Bryant (This is about range for a Mihm trade, but doubt the Lakers move him, possible target Shawne Williams.)
16. Chicago - Thabo Sefolosha (Thabo could get snagged at 14 which could be for the Suns)
17. Indiana - Rodney Carney (Could go multiple ways, seems Indy is poised to see another player drop, could be Redick)
18. Washington - Alexander Johnson (Could snag a guard like Rondo here)
19. Sacramento - Sergio Rodriguez (Could see a reach for a bigman here)
20. Knicks - Shawne Williams (Could be gone here, might be Johnson)
21. Suns - Shannon Brown (Might package picks to Utah to move up for Sefolosha)
22. Nets - Rajon Rondo (as far as I could make him fall, Sorry L.A. Total steal. He probably goes a few picks higher)
23. Nets - Olexisy Pecherov (Could see a reach here for another big, Paul Davis, Josh Boone, Ryan Hollins)
24. Memphis - Kyle Lowry (likely take best guard available)
25. Cleveland - Quincy Douby (Farmar or Guillermo Diaz possible)
26. Lakers - James White (Farmar a strong possiblity, Brown if he lands here)
27. Phoenix - Guillermo Diaz (Joel Freeland possible)
28. Dallas - Jordan Farmar (Douby if he falls further)
29. New York - Maurice Ager (could go higher depending on trades)
30. Portland - Ryan Hollins (Anything goes here)
51. Lakers - Marcus Slaughter (I'm guessing guys they like such as Powe, Bobby Jones, Gansey, etc. won't be there. If one is, that will likely trump Slaughter. Could also go international to keep room on the roster.)
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

It's not the Farmar is judged inadequate. At the 26th pick, the Lakers will have at least five players that can help them way more than Farmar can help. Farmar won't be able to guard Bibby, Nash and Parker.

Farmar can guard other point guards fine.

I think if Sasha can guard Bibby, so can Farmar...
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Here's my list

1. Tyrus Thomas
2. Brandon Roy
3. LaMarcus Aldridge
4. Ronnie Brewer
5. Rudy Gay
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Marcus Williams
8. Shannon Brown
9. Maurice Ager
10. Cedric Simmons
11. Shelden Williams
12. Saer Sene
13. James White
14. Mardy Collins
15. Kyle Lowry
16. Will Blalock
17. Hilton Armstrong
18. Sergio Rodriguez
19. Shawne Williams
20. Brandon Bowman
21. Leon Powe
22. Taj Gray
23. Jordan Farmar
24. Hassan Adams
25. Allen Ray
26. Dee Brown
27. Ryan Hollins
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

GSW has a decent center.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

It seems to be a run on centers.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

@%^#%^ Boston

I was starting to hold out hope that Rondo would fall.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Man.. Cleveland is so gonna take Farmar. We're screwed. Can't believe people here want a taller Smush Parker (James White) over a refined player like Farmer.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
if the names j. farmar or p. davis are announced at 26 tomorrow night, i'm jumping out the window.

i knew when you said that it wouldn't be a good night
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

I'd just like to thank everyone for their participation in this thread over the last 4 months. It was consistently providing great information and had lots of good discussion. On days when I had limited computer access, I would come straight to this thread to look for the latest draft news. I learned a ton for the posters in this thread, especially Mike.

Anyway, just a thanks for helping me kill time for the last few months.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
www.nbadraft.net

...has the premium type profiles up, really nice and alot of info just click on the players name

If Renaldo Balkman becomes Dennis Rodman

i will hump Isiah Thomas' Leg
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
I'd just like to thank everyone for their participation in this thread over the last 4 months. It was consistently providing great information and had lots of good discussion. On days when I had limited computer access, I would come straight to this thread to look for the latest draft news. I learned a ton for the posters in this thread, especially Mike.

Anyway, just a thanks for helping me kill time for the last few months.

I feel the same way! It's been fun and really made the whole draft process that much more intense and enjoyable. LG.netters really helped each other get to know these players.

Awesome.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131
Page 131 of 131
Jump to: