Lakers in the News 2/21/14: Preview: Lakers vs. Boston Celtics -- Bazemore and Brooks look up to Bryant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Lakers in the News 2/21/14: Preview: Lakers vs. Boston Celtics -- Bazemore and Brooks look up to Bryant

Quote:
Preview: Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, right, sets up the offense against Lakers point guard Kendall Marshall in a Jan. 17 game in Boston, a Lakers win. It was Rondo's first game back after sitting out nearly a year with a knee injury. (Jared Wickerham / Getty Images / January 17, 2014)
By Eric Pincus
February 21, 2014, 11:59 a.m.

The Lakers (18-36) expect to get Pau Gasol back from his groin injury on Friday night when the team hosts the Boston Celtics (19-36).

Gasol hasn't played since the end of January.

The Celtics and Lakers are longtime rivals who are competing this season not for playoff position, but for lottery combinations in the 2014 NBA draft.

The Lakers will play without Steve Nash (nerve root irritation), Kobe Bryant (knee), Nick Young (knee) and Xavier Henry (knee).

Avery Bradley is out with ankle issues.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-preview-lakers-boston-celtics-20140221,0,5103736.story#ixzz2u0SQSVsW

Last edited by Cha*n on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mitch Kupchak says the Lakers don't do salary dumps

By Zach Harper | NBA writer
February 21, 2014 3:03 pm ET

Pau Gasol wasn't moved because the Lakers don't do salary dumps? (USATSI)
The Los Angeles Lakers made one move before the trade deadline on Thursday when they sent Steve Blake to the Golden State Warriors Wednesday night in exchange for Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks. They were expected to make a few moves with the bigs they have on the roster, possibly moving Chris Kaman, Jordan Hill, or even finally trading Pau Gasol after he's been in trade rumors for years.

But the Lakers aren't going to make any moves simply to dump salaries, according to Lakers' general manager Mitch Kupchak. That's not what they do. They make decisions based on basketball and not just the bottom line with salaries and the luxury tax in mind. From Eric Pincus at the Los Angeles Times:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24451226/mitch-kupchak-says-the-lakers-dont-do-salary-dumps
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers Notably Absent From NBA All-Star Weekend
By Michael C. Jones

How will Bryant create shots folloiwing his injury?

COMMENTARY | The 2014 NBA All-Star game came and went, and one element missing was the gold standard of the league's franchises -- the Los Angeles Lakers.

Related Stories

Davis replaces Bryant on All-Star squad The SportsXchange
Source: James Harden to start NBA All-Star Game in place of injured Kobe Bryant Yahoo Sports
Pelican playmaker Davis replaces Kobe in NBA All-Star Game AFP
Kobe Bryant faces a future of diminished expectations SB Nation
How to watch NBA All-Star Game 2014 online: Best of West takes on beasts of East SB Nation
As Kobe Bryant continues to work his way back onto the floor while rehabbing from a fracture in his knee, he failed to suit up for the game, and the heir apparent to his place as the best shooting guard in the game, James Harden, took his place.

When speaking at a press conference prior to the game, his tone was reflective to the point of concern for those who want to see the Lakers legend back in elite form. He was candid when the question came up as to whether or not he'd be forced out of the game by injuries:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/los-angeles-lakers-notably-absent-nba-star-weekend-210000565--nba.html
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bazemore and Brooks look up to Bryant
February, 21, 2014
FEB 21
2:24
PM PT
By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- One is a 6-foot-5, 24-year-old shooting guard. The other is a 6-foot-5, 25-year-old shooting guard. They both suddenly find themselves teammates with a certain 6-foot-6, 35-year-old shooting guard in Kobe Bryant, the player they grew up modeling their games after.

It didn't take long for Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks, the newest members of the Los Angeles Lakers acquired from Golden State for Steve Blake earlier this week, to reveal how they have been molded by the Black Mamba.

"At first I was in shock," Bazemore said, recalling how Warriors general manager Bob Myers and coach Mark Jackson broke the news about the trade. "Then (Myers) said, 'Los Angeles, like, the Lakers,' and I was like, 'Oh my god! That's a dream come true.'

"Growing up, idolizing Kobe Bryant. He's probably, hands down, one of the greatest players to ever touch the basketball."

Brooks shared similar sentiments.

"I grew up a Lakers fan, a big Kobe Bryant fan, so I'm just excited to get to work," the third-year veteran out of Providence said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38939/bazemore-and-brooks-look-up-to-bryant
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Celtics, Lakers renew rivalry in down times
Published February 21, 2014Sports Network
(SportsNetwork.com) - A pair of disappointing and storied franchises collide Friday night, as the Los Angeles Lakers take on the rival Boston Celtics at Staples Center.

The Lakers are just 18-36 this season and have been ravaged by injuries throughout the campaign, while the Celtics have a 19-36 mark in what has been described as a rebuilding year.

Los Angeles has lost the first four portions of its six-game homestand, including Wednesday's 134-108 loss to Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets. Howard was playing in front of the Lakers fans for the first time since bolting to Space City in the offseason after one year in Hollywood. He posted 20 points and pulled down 13 rebounds

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/21/celtics-lakers-renew-rivalry-in-down-times/
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Quote:
Bazemore and Brooks look up to Bryant
February, 21, 2014
FEB 21
2:24
PM PT
By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- One is a 6-foot-5, 24-year-old shooting guard. The other is a 6-foot-5, 25-year-old shooting guard. They both suddenly find themselves teammates with a certain 6-foot-6, 35-year-old shooting guard in Kobe Bryant, the player they grew up modeling their games after.

It didn't take long for Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks, the newest members of the Los Angeles Lakers acquired from Golden State for Steve Blake earlier this week, to reveal how they have been molded by the Black Mamba.

"At first I was in shock," Bazemore said, recalling how Warriors general manager Bob Myers and coach Mark Jackson broke the news about the trade. "Then (Myers) said, 'Los Angeles, like, the Lakers,' and I was like, 'Oh my god! That's a dream come true.'

"Growing up, idolizing Kobe Bryant. He's probably, hands down, one of the greatest players to ever touch the basketball."
Brooks shared similar sentiments.

"I grew up a Lakers fan, a big Kobe Bryant fan, so I'm just excited to get to work," the third-year veteran out of Providence said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38939/bazemore-and-brooks-look-up-to-bryant

I love him!! He was thrilled to be traded here (with our lousy record this season 18/36)....from a team with 33/22 record. I bet that Myers and Jackson were thrilled by his excitement at leaving to come to the Lakers!
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I have limited time today due to visiting family and would appreciate it if you find and article you would post it.

Thanks everyone

kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
I have limited time today due to visiting family and would appreciate it if you find and article you would post it.

Thanks everyone

Enjoy your visit with family!
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Cha*n wrote:

Thanks everyone

Enjoy your visit with family!

Thank you!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: