Announcement: LakersGround Terms of Use change
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Announcement: LakersGround Terms of Use change

LakersGround maintains a "Terms of Use" document which sets forth the rules and conditions that apply to the use of the site. You are encouraged to read this document HERE.

From time to time we may make changes to these Terms of Use. Any such changes go into effect immediately upon our giving notice. This post shall serve as notice that we have modified the LakersGround Terms of Use, effective today -- May 28, 2013.

The modified sections are as follows:

NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR POSTINGS

To the extent that portions of LakersGround (such as Forums) provide Users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions ("Postings"), BE ADVISED THAT LAKERSGROUND DOES NOT SCREEN, EDIT, OR REVIEW POSTINGS PRIOR TO THEIR APPEARANCE ON LAKERSGROUND. LakersGround neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on LakersGround by anyone other than owners, operators, moderators and Web site staff of LakersGround acting in their official capacities. Furthermore, LakersGround cannot reasonably monitor all of the Postings, or content provided therein, of its users. Thus, LakersGround shall in no event have any liability for the Postings of its users or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from users' use of, appearance on and/or content provided to LakersGround. However, where properly notified of any potential violation(s) of privacy and/or intellectual property, LakersGround shall make reasonable efforts to respond.

PRIVACY AND COOPERATION

[. . .]

LakersGround shall make reasonable efforts to respond to inquiries or other communications which attempt to notify LakersGround of any potential violations of privacy, intellectual property or any relevant law. LakersGround can be contacted at admin ( a t ) lakersground.net.

(End of modified sections of the Terms of Use.)

As a further reminder, keep in mind that LakersGround respects copyright laws, and does not permit the posting of any material that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights, without the express permission of the owner of those rights. It is YOUR duty to ensure that the material you post is not protected, and YOU are responsible for any damages that result from your posting of protected material.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject:

someone must have read my entire post history...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject:

LG = Lawyer's Ground.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Somebody done ran they mouth to the wrong person.

!...
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject:

This rule change is officially called the James Worthy Whole Foods Act.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
This rule change is officially called the James Worthy Whole Foods Act.

Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LG = Lawyer's Ground.

"Paranoia strikes deep." Let's hope the Chinese don't steal the secrets of LG!

Or maybe the Ruskies!
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Did LG get called out by a media publication for copyright violations?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

In recent history, more and more news media are transitioning from paid hard copy to paid digital services. Much like ESPN Insider, such publications often seek to ensure that their intellectual property is not freely distributed. These amendments to our TOS simply reflect an appropriate clarification of the rules and terms already in place.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

In recent history, more and more news media are transitioning from paid hard copy to paid digital services. Much like ESPN Insider, such publications often seek to ensure that their intellectual property is not freely distributed. These amendments to our TOS simply reflect an appropriate clarification of the rules and terms already in place.

LS, that law degree was worth every penny.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

I appreciate the compliment. However, so there is no confusion, I want to make it clear that I have not, and will not, make any statements here within my capacity as an attorney or as a legal professional. Any statements I make here or have made here, including those in this thread, I make only as one of the moderators or posters of this website. Thus, nothing I post on this website should ever be taken as legal advice.

.... yes, it was worth every penny.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Thus, nothing I post on this website should ever be taken as legal advice.

Including this statement?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol, yes.

lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Born89FanIn95
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol, yes.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I was debating with a poster some time ago about the Kardashians. I informed the poster that what he was posting was liable.

I told him I thought if the Kardashians were to read the posts not only he but LG ownership was open to a law suit.

I was not posting in surety. I was posting from pseudo knowledge. Thanks for the announcement.

I see some posts that I think are subject to liable. Does this disclaimer remove LG from possible liable suits?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I was debating with a poster some time ago about the Kardashians. I informed the poster that what he was posting was liable.

I told him I thought if the Kardashians were to read the posts not only he but LG ownership was open to a law suit.

I was not posting in surety. I was posting from pseudo knowledge. Thanks for the announcement.

I see some posts that I think are subject to liable. Does this disclaimer remove LG from possible liable suits?

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspx

You are welcome.

Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspx

You are welcome.

All law is based on what a "reasonable person" would think is right.

Anyone think it's right for site ownership to be held responsible for user posts?

The Kardashians are as public as figures as it gets and thus are fair game for any criticism permitted by the 1st amendment.

I type this as I sit beside a JAG lawyer who has nodded approval. She suggests this site for the site owners. Forum sites are protected in California additionally by the State laws.

http://toxictopix.webs.com/internetlaw.htm

Last edited by Cha*n on Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Are you by chance meaning libel?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He means liability suits. They're made of polyester.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who is liable for libel? Liberals or libations?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who is liable for libel? Liberals or libations?

Liberace.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes, thanks 24. I'm going to have to do a better job of proof reading.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Larry, can I ask how such a development occurred? Motivations, a response to anything, dealing with more volume of posters? A little history would be appreciated for those of us interested in such things.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject:

This is where I scroll all the way to the bottom and click "I Agree" without reading a damn thing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: