Lakers in the News 1/7/13: "Howard, Gasol, Hill all sidelined" "Darius Johnson-Odom Waived"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvcheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
luvcheese wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Waive Darius Johnson-Odom
January 07, 2013 1:40 pm PST
EL SEGUNDO โ€“ The Los Angeles Lakers have waived guard Darius Johnson-Odom, it was announced today.

Johnson-Odom, the 55th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, was acquired by the Lakers from Dallas on draft night. The 6-2 guard out of Marquette averaged 15.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 105 collegiate games. As a senior, the Raleigh, North Carolina native led his team in scoring (18.3 ppg) and earned First Team All-Big East honors in addition to being named an Honorable Mention All-American by the Associated Press.

Johnson-Odom appeared in four games for the Lakers this season, where he totaled four rebounds and one assist in six minutes.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/130107djo_waived

Loool incoming trade.

Exactly

The question is who? lol
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject:

luvcheese wrote:
George the Greek wrote:
luvcheese wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Quote:
EL SEGUNDO โ€“ The Los Angeles Lakers have waived guard Darius Johnson-Odom, it was announced today.

Johnson-Odom, the 55th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, was acquired by the Lakers from Dallas on draft night. The 6-2 guard out of Marquette averaged 15.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 105 collegiate games. As a senior, the Raleigh, North Carolina native led his team in scoring (18.3 ppg) and earned First Team All-Big East honors in addition to being named an Honorable Mention All-American by the Associated Press.

Johnson-Odom appeared in four games for the Lakers this season, where he totaled four rebounds and one assist in six minutes.

Loool incoming trade.

Exactly

The question is who? lol

Pau

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers have big problems for this trip
Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill won't go to Houston and San Antonio because of injuries. Rookie Robert Sacre is the likely starting center.

By Mike Bresnahan
January 7, 2013, 7:07 p.m.

If the Lakers thought they already scratched the bottom of this season, they were mistaken. Incredibly.

A Monday afternoon injury report adds the latest blows to a team that can't do anything right on the court: Dwight Howard is out at least a week because of a torn labrum in his right shoulder, Pau Gasol is sidelined two or more games because of a concussion, and their backup big man, Jordan Hill, is out at least a week because of a hip injury.

It left the Lakers with rookie Robert Sacre as their likely starting center for a two-game trip against Houston and San Antonio. Sacre had 15 points and nine rebounds Monday for the Los Angeles D-Fenders, the Lakers' Development League affiliate, in a loss to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Metta World Peace might also get some time at center, Coach Mike D'Antoni said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-howard-gasol-20130108,0,6416730.story
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard mock story that they nearly had a fight

Kobe Bryant, Mike D'Antoni, Dwight Howard

Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard -- his injured shoulder heavily wrapped -- pretend to fight as Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni plays peacemaker. (Screenshot from Kobe Bryant's Twitter page / January 7, 2013)
Your take?
What do you think?
See more ยป
By Eric Pincus

January 7, 2013, 2:42 p.m.

Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard squared off in the trainer's room, mocking a report that the two had nearly come to blows.

In an image from Bryant's new Twitter account and Howard's Instagram, a smiling Bryant faces Howard with clenched fists as Coach Mike D'Antoni pretends to break it up.

"It's just funny. We're losing. Every little story that comes out is geared towards breaking our team up," Howard said. "We're bigger than that. We're stronger than that and we're not going to let anything divide us."

Bryant dismissed the report as inaccurate.

"It's not true. We all try to be professional about what we do," Bryant said. "I guess some people skate around that a little bit."

The Lakers have struggled all season and currently are three games below .500.

"Obviously there are fake stories coming out, somebody has something against our team," Howard said. "It's not us. Me and Kobe don't have a problem with each other. We're not beefing. So for somebody to come out with a random story and say me and him got into a fight?"

"It's ridiculous," continued the Lakers center. "I just think it's funny."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-bryant-howard-deny-fight-20130107,0,7551587.story?track=rss
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Thanks for the assist wolfpaclaker

Anytime.

Just wanted to stem away from anyone being upset about that first news article you posted.

I appreciate that but when I came back it was after I looked at me and felt I needed to not take this so seriously and get a tougher skin. That story was picked up by yahoo sports and espn and I couldn't access the L.A. Times as they are on a circulation drive and won't let you get the news nless you pay. I deleted cookies to finally get it. They mocked it but who knows what really happened? I voice my opinon here every once in awhile and encourage all to do the same. The articles are not mine though. I'm open to criticism but I may not take it.

Respect is nice but you don't always get it and I'm okay with the way it is and will be.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject:

Kobe, Dwight Howard use awesome Twitter photo to joke about 'fight'
Game On!
Chris Strauss, USA TODAY Sports5:02p.m. EST January 7, 2013

While Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant may not be meshing on the court, they certainly are having fun with a report that they nearly came to blows in the locker room on New Year's Day.

Accordingly to a New York Daily News report Monday, teammates had to restrain Howard from going after Bryant in the locker room following a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/07/nba-lakers-bryant-howard/1813701/
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject:

Can you change the "Darius Waived" thread title to "D'A Waived" to make it completely misleading?
For a moment I thought we waived Darius Morris too. Probably the only Darius that comes to anybody's mind.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject:

is something brewing or have we already burnt the coffee?
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject:

BT wrote:
Can you change the "Darius Waived" thread title to "D'A Waived" to make it completely misleading?
For a moment I thought we waived Darius Morris too. Probably the only Darius that comes to anybody's mind.

Good point BT and it makes for a long title but I changed it. Thanks

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject:

luvcheese wrote:
George the Greek wrote:
luvcheese wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Quote:

Loool incoming trade.

Exactly

The question is who? lol

If we're not gonna use Pau in the post, it would be great to trade him. But since we got a spot, maybe it'll be Kenyon Martin? :O
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: