QFTOS D12 Edition!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject:

Houston fan, 8/10/12 (can't rule out it's not Dreamshake):

This trade is absolutely disgusting in terms of how lopsided it is. I'm not even mad we didn't get Howard. Surprised we weren't involved in the deal, yes. Bitter, no. However, Hennigan is complete fool (allow me to clarify: FOOL!) for agreeing to this deal.

The Magic don't even get the 3rd best player in this trade. They take on long undesirable term contracts in Afflalo and Harrington. The picks they get are likely to be closer to 2nd rounders than lottery picks AND they're protected. What are those moron thinking? Totally irrational. Instead of waving the white flag and accepting this trash, they would have been better off forcing the Lakers to set up deals to trade away other players such as Gasol for more picks to send to the Magic. I really don't understand how they are now better suited for a rebuild besides simply being a worse team and improving their own draft pick and getting some late first rounders that could have been bought for cash.

Hell, Martin and PPat + 2 of our 2012 first rounders (before the Rockets used them) beats this deal. They dug themselves in deep by passing up trades; should have doubled down on their bet. There obviously wasn't much left to lose anyway.

And then you factor in the long term re-signing of Jameer Nelson. What the hell, man, seriously. Those guys have no clue what they're doing. This trade reeks of either unbridled spite towards Morey or some kind of backroom deal with Stern for the 2013 overall top pick. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist here but what are the chances of 3 teams winning the lottery back-to-back-to-back the year immediately after trading away their superstar? If the Magic wind up picking number 1 in 2012 you can erase all doubt that the NBA is rigged. Just disgusting.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject:

Rockets fan, 8/10/12:

Kobe wants to be remembered as the greatest Laker ever. He's intentionally putting all that pressure on Howard because, secretly, he hopes his perceived career success never rivals his own. In truth, Kobe was never able to carry the team to a ring either. It was always on the backs of players like Shaq or Gasol.

1st reply to above post:

That's very true.

2nd reply:

Lakers lose Game 7 againist the Celtics againist in the Championship without Gasol in 2010. Kobe almost shotjacked the Lakers out of a ring, Gasol and Bynum getting those offensive boards saved Kobe's legacy lol
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject:

9/15/12

Meh. As a Mavs fan I think Cuban is mainly bitter. And why shouldn't he?
He wanted the big FA since 2010 and could not get them. He broke up a championship team mainly because of that. So if the man is asked about the Lakers , he will respond negatively. They snap with a finger and get a superstar. That hurts Cuban probably the most. Especially after the Odom disaster.
He certainly still considers us rivals to the Lakers. So why would he compliment them and crawl up into their butts. Media is already doing that . I mean they asked him during the introduction of the newest Mavs. No wonder his answers were a little salty. Lakers are getting major hype right now. And rightfully so. On paper they are a ridicuolusly great team.

We will see how it will shake out on the court. There will certainly be some issues for the Lakers. And I am not sure that Mike Brown will be able to overcome them. With Phil I believe this is a sure fire championship team. With Brown. Can go either way. Nash and Dwight are used to having the offense run through them. And now they have to team up with Kobe who is not only used to it but will probably demand it. Dwights personality has been discussed ad nauseam. We will se how he and Kobe will get along. Nash and Gasol should help with that. So they will probably figure it out.

I am very curious about the offense of the Lakers and how they will run it. If they click it will be amazing to watch. Especially when the going gets rough. Will Kobe play Kobe ball or not? If not Lakers will be a force in close games. If he will, they are beatable.

And the main thing is that I see OKC as a really bad matchup for this team.
Nash and Kobe are old. I can't see them keeping up with the speed of Westbrook and Harden. Dwight will help with that but he will get in foul trouble if they blow by Nash and Kobe. ( who can still defend but I think especially RW will be too quick for him)
MWP will play Durant pretty well. KD will still get his though. Gasol and Dwight vs Ibaka and Perkins will be hugely in favor of the Lakers. But Perkins should be solid against Dwight and has a lot of experience with him. Ibaka knows Gasol as well but I feel that this matchup could be key for the Lakers. If Gasol can dominate Ibaka, the Lakers win. If not I could see it going either way.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject:

lol @ gasol carrying kobe through the playoffs.. no doubt he was awesome for us but that's such a ridiculous statement and so many people say it...

too bad pippen carried jordan through all his championship runs

thanks for all this though, it's awesome seeing the fans grasping at straws for any hope they can think of to feel like they'll implode and not work out...

thank god i was born bleeding purple & gold :3
jeremysnowIII
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject:

The championship Laker teams have always been about teammates meshing as a team.

No one great player, whether Kobe or MJ, can carry a team thru 14 post season NBA Wins.

In the past two championships, Pau, Trevor Ariza, Ron Artest, Bynum, DFish and several others all had their parts in critical moments.
Bagina
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject:

jeremysnowIII wrote:
The championship Laker teams have always been about teammates meshing as a team.

No one great player, whether Kobe or MJ, can carry a team thru 14 post season NBA Wins.

In the past two championships, Pau, Trevor Ariza, Ron Artest, Bynum, DFish and several others all had their parts in critical moments.

16 post season wins. Use to be 15.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Good luck with Howard extending himself to the perimeter to cover LeBron and Wade or Chalmers beatting the life off Nash to the rim while Pau reacts to it, as Bosh then receives a pass for an uncontested dunk.

Honestly, besides Howard, I just don't see the Lakers as a defensive unit. Too many old slow footers on that team.

Quote:
all of that writing and you forgot about Ray Allen who is a huge addition to our team. If we have our 3 point shooting going, we can't be beat because there's no way to guard us and keep Wade and Lebron away from the rim.

I doubt we'd try to match the Lakers size. If we met them in the finals we'd go small I think and bank on that Lebron can guard Gasol.

Our main lineup for winning time is going to be:
Ray
Wade
Lebron
Battier
Bosh

Nash or Kobe is going to have to chase Ray around the court which neither can do at their age or defensive ability. And then whichever is left of them will have to guard Wade one on one with the help defense spread out to the 3 point line, or watching Lebron. If wade's knee is right, I just don't see the Lakers counter for that.

They just don't have any defense on the perimeter, and our system will pull their bigs out of the paint. I don't think they can keep up with our scoring. for all the problems we'd have guarding Dwight--I don't think they're as problematic as the ones the lakers have guarding everyone on our roster. The Lakres have had huge problems with Bosh in the past, and I don't see that stopping now that we've added even more shooting/floor spacing with Ray--and Chris seems to be adding 3 point range.

I just see our system mitigating a lot of what Dwight's natural advantages are--moreso than any other team in the league besides OKC.

I think us and OKC are a nightmare matchup for the Lakers.

Quote:
The Lakers are all hype, they'll be too slow to close on shooters and to keep up with Wade & especially James on the dribble..Howard is a beast but really turn over prone and theres no one on The Lakers starting 5 that can win a foot race with anyone on The Heat..They are old.

Quote:
On the other end of the floor, Howard and Gasol will definitely cause problems, but we've proven to be able to contain two big guys in the past. Playing a 2-3-zone for example or fronting the low-post player can help you out a lot if you lack the size down low. Again, this will be our biggest problem, but we there are methods against it.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject:

This is going to be a very interesting season.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have dealt out so much pain and heartache to other fanbases throughout the years. Thing is, they are far from done...not even close.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject:

Celt fan's "wet dream" of a Dwightmare

full thread: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1205834

So I was thinking..What are the chances of Dwight Howard never playing at 100% this upcoming season? I mean, he's a 6"11 monster who relies on his athletic ability. A lot of what he does rests on his God given natural ability. what if he's not 100% when he returns and then because of the 82-game NBA schedule never returns to 100%??? Is he still better then Andrew Bynum?

What if Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant finally start to show their age?? Or at least 1 of the 2?

The Western Conferance is as good as it's ever been. There are literally 10 teams that are playoff worthy.
OKC, LAC, LAL, SAS, Den, Utah, Memphis, Dallas, GS, and Minny. And who knows what we're gonna get out of Phoenix. Even Sacramento has the ability to beat you on any given night.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers AREN'T as good as everyone is predicting. At first I was thinking they'll be a powerhouse Title Contender. Now I'm not so sure.

My Wet dream would be that Dwight Howards LA experience turns into a DWIGHTMARE! oooooooooooohhhhhh! He's never 100%, he never signs an extension and then holds LA hostage trying to get to Brooklyn.

You're 2013-2014 LAL. Brook Lopez, Pau Gasol, Metta, Kobe, Nash. lol
WE WANT TACOS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/write.ign.com/61390/2011/06/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Gif-6.gif
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: