TWC LAKER CHANNEL THREAD [DO NOT SPAM THREAD WITH "OFFERS"]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I believe, the NBA league pass was negotiated with the league as a whole, therefore, those who live outside the LA area, and have the league pass, have nothing to worry about.

Its those who live in, or near LA, who should be worried, no more KCAL freebies.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
I have Time Warner so I do not care about this stuff.
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject:

it will be weird not turning to channel 463 or 409 for Laker games on Time Warner.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I guess I'll be using my season seats more often than usual early in the season if there's no deal with Directv.
stag3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject:

no go on verizon fios tv so far, this is going to blow, i'll know how it feels now to be a laker fan outside of socal where you can only watch nationally televised games or an online stream
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject:

stag3 wrote:
no go on verizon fios tv so far, this is going to blow, i'll know how it feels now to be a laker fan outside of socal where you can only watch nationally televised games or an online stream

What? Heck no, you just drop Fios, you don't drop the Lakers. I have fios, but time warner can also install in my neighborhood, so I'm prepared to drop fios if it comes to that.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject:

P X wrote:
I believe, the NBA league pass was negotiated with the league as a whole, therefore, those who live outside the LA area, and have the league pass, have nothing to worry about.

Its those who live in, or near LA, who should be worried, no more KCAL freebies.

I never understood league pass but may have to go that route if this doesn't get cleared up with Verizon. How does the blackout thing work and why would local residents be blacked out from our own team?
Juanpaolo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Directv

Talked to a supervisor in the Directv offices (because the rep had no clue what i was talking about). He says no way Lakers will allow fans that don't have TWC go without opportunity to see their Lakers. Just remember it's two channels together so you're probably looking at an extra $5 a month just like you pay for your local channels. But as Chick used to say.."it's nervous time in Los Angeles folks"!!! as we are one month away........I was going to get rid of Directv last year and go to TWC (nothing to do with Lakers), but did you know that if Directv comes to your house , for repairs, insurance or not, the day they show up makes it the day of the new contract even if it's their equipment in the wrong, so now if I want to leave i have to give them $20 a month till sept of 2013...is that B.S. or what?. I call corporate to complain, but "those are the rules"
Juanpaolo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: TWC

YOU SUCK!
chinaurge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject:

NBA League Pass blacks out local games because the local channels own the rights to broadcast those games locally.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject:

So what if all TV signal providers except TWC do not offer the new Laker channels? Won't that mean we can sign up for League Pass and watch it that way since it would be the only option available to us?

I'm AT&T U-Verse by the way. I need my Lakers!!!
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-369863-cable-games.html
salvosation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject:

Just called Cox Cable again I was transferred three times and no one even logged it in. They didn't even seem to care call and complain 702-383-4000 even if your not in the Las Vegas area. Do it for your Cox brethren. And I will do it for you who have Dish and Directv.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject:

^Yeah, tried calling Dish customer service earlier and got disconnected as well 1-888-236-2202. Not sure what this means, but hopefully there will be some decent streams out there if these guys don't come to an agreement.

Quote:

What I presume will end up happening is that I will end up missing about 3-4 weeks of the new season while the TV Providers haggle over the $3.95/subscriber fee. Only when people are vociferously angry at the provider with threats of cancellation for x number of weeks, will there finally be some resolution.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Mation wrote:
Entered my zip code and looks like it won't be carried by Oceanic Time Warner Cable in Oahu, Hawaii. So confused as it said Hawaii would receive it.

Been lucky enough to receive broadcast from FSN over the years, but not KCAL. Gotta get this channel somehow, someway. Alpha you getting this same dilemma too?
i was just about to call them and find out. heck, if they don't pick it up that is another reason for me to leave and go w/ dish or hawaiiantelcom.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Mation... lol, been instagramming too much lately and wanted to do a @mation.

anyway, just got off the phone with oceanic and they are picking up the station and it will air October 1st on channed 23 (part of the basic cable package). ... me thinks now we get to watch home AND AWAY games!!!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject:

That's great news Alpha, congrats!!!
penston
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject:

The FiOS patch box (whatever it’s called) is right across the street.
Yesterday a Tech stopped by and popped it open for a few minutes.
I had thoughts of rushing the Tech, demanding my Laker TV requirements, and then choking the life out of him.
I’d even leave a note.
“This is Big FiOS, this is Big.”
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject:

salvosation wrote:
Just called Cox Cable again I was transferred three times and no one even logged it in. They didn't even seem to care call and complain 702-383-4000 even if your not in the Las Vegas area. Do it for your Cox brethren. And I will do it for you who have Dish and Directv.

Thank you, I'm getting Cox installed on Wednesday of next week instead of Direct TV because roommates didn't want to sign a 2 year agreement with them. Thus I'm in the same boat as you are in hoping that Cox doesn't let us down.

Although unlike a few posters on the board and others I am definitely confident a deal gets done, the real question is just when?? As the Kevin Ding article mentioned from past TV negotiations these things can go right down to the wire. IMO I think a deal gets done sometime in October, obviously if a deal gets done in September the better because Media Day is Oct. 1st and our first pre-season game is in Fresno on Oct 7th and obviously all of those game and media day will be covered extensively with this exclusive channel.
42lakers42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Ok.... So I live local as a lot of you do to l.a.,I was listening to 710 am ESPN radio today around 4:30 with john Ireland and a guy who's name I can't recall,but he's the sideline reporter for laker games home and away,he's also a writer for Lakers.com... Anyway Ireland said that their are people who are working on this thing 24 hours a day! He Said he expects this to be done before Oct. 1st if that carries any weight for you guys.... He also said the channel will be on all providers.... Let's all hope this happens!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject:

42lakers42 wrote:
Ok.... So I live local as a lot of you do to l.a.,I was listening to 710 am ESPN radio today around 4:30 with john Ireland and a guy who's name I can't recall,but he's the sideline reporter for laker games home and away,he's also a writer for Lakers.com... Anyway Ireland said that their are people who are working on this thing 24 hours a day! He Said he expects this to be done before Oct. 1st if that carries any weight for you guys.... He also said the channel will be on all providers.... Let's all hope this happens!

Hope so, glad they are diligently working on it, thanks for the update. Btw, that's Mike Trudell, he used to work for the Ravens before coming here to be the Lakers Reporter (twitter).
Juanpaolo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject:

John Ireland said today, that it is being worked on and that these deals go right down to the wire...
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject:

I hate cable monopoly's, I'm stuck in a section of a city who only has charter cable >.<, not sure if charter will pick it up, and I don't mind dish network(I can bring my old fta box into action) question is will dish pick up twc, it took them forever to get fox sports back. I really just wanted to go to twc, which the next city over that is less than a mile away has, but no my city has to be stunted.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
I hate cable monopoly's, I'm stuck in a section of a city who only has charter cable >.<, not sure if charter will pick it up, and I don't mind dish network(I can bring my old fta box into action) question is will dish pick up twc, it took them forever to get fox sports back. I really just wanted to go to twc, which the next city over that is less than a mile away has, but no my city has to be stunted.

I hear you man I just moved to Glendale - only has Charter. No other providers available, and Dish/Direct TV don't carry the channel yet.

So Glendale - where you can see LA Live from the hills - gets no Laker games? Ridiculous.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject:

I will watch old laker games from the past and pretend it is now ...this stinks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 3 of 143
Jump to: