TWC LAKER CHANNEL THREAD [DO NOT SPAM THREAD WITH "OFFERS"]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 141, 142, 143  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The networks are employing the latest technology to give fans on the go the most current coverage and updates in English and Spanish. Both networks will feature live in-market game streaming to personal computers and mobile devices, and an integrated interactive social media experience catering to the unique passions that make sports a community activity.

I might not have to renew my cable!
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Quote:
The networks are employing the latest technology to give fans on the go the most current coverage and updates in English and Spanish. Both networks will feature live in-market game streaming to personal computers and mobile devices, and an integrated interactive social media experience catering to the unique passions that make sports a community activity.

I might not have to renew my cable!

I was wondering this same thing. How much for this service?
LakerBeastmode
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I called them sometime last week and they told me 39.99 for basic cable with a digital box. 10.00 more for Sports package and if you want a recorder I think you need to pay more. It might vary by where you live though since LG is known in the universe Check the website or just give TWC a call
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject:

The real losers in this deal are those of us who, for any number of reasons, don't pay for TV service. I know there aren't many of us out there. But it really has me wanted to pay for cable,... something we can't afford at this time.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Pardon the stupid question...

But have the actual channels been published? Can anyone show me where?

Thanks in advance!
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject:

The person creating this thread should make a huge list of all of the service providers and their status on the first post.

For example:

Charter - No
Verizon FIOS - No
Comcast - No
Time Warner - Yes (CH. 420)
etc.
etc.
gblews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject:

chinaurge wrote:
TWC SportsNet ‏@TWCSportsNet
"We'll be on Basic Cable in LA County on @TWCable_LA"

Looks like we won't have to pay extra money and add the Sports Tier for Time Warner Cable subscribers.

Excellent.

But there is no doubt in my mind that you folks with Direct TV will get the channel. There is too much money to be lost if they don't. We're not talking AMC here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ding: Concern growing about Lakers games not being on TV

Dwight Howard and Steve Nash are here.

But Lakers games on TV aren't. Not yet anyway.

The Lakers are done with KCAL/9 and Fox Sports West, and their locally broadcast games will be on the new Time Warner Cable SportsNet channel (and Time Warner Cable Deportes, the new Spanish-language sister network).

If the provider you use for TV in your household is Time Warner Cable, you're set – because that is the only cable or satellite distributor we know right now will have Lakers games.

If you have DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FiOS, Cox Cable, Charter Communications or anyone else, you could rightly feel antsy that you won't see on Oct. 1 TWC SportsNet launch day the exclusive footage already filmed of Howard's face as he put on a gold Lakers jersey for the first time in a quiet locker-room moment after all the hullaballoo of his inaugural news conference.

Or the Oct. 7 first game uniting Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Howard and Nash, as the exhibition opener is only on TWC SportsNet.

Or the Oct. 31 road opener in Portland, just the first of 70 regular-season Lakers games on TWC SportsNet.

Or ... you could rest assured that it's unfathomable that any cable or satellite provider would incur the long-term wrath of its customers by not delivering Lakers games – a sure sell even if this wasn't the season when Kobe's sixth NBA championship is closer than ever.

"We think it's good that the fans are concerned, because it shows how much they care about the Lakers," said Lakers spokesman John Black. "We would hope the fans have confidence in our new broadcast partner – as we do – that they will get the deals done and everyone enjoys what will be a better product than ever before."

The Lakers know how many fans are so fired up that they can't stand the prospect of missing a single Nash hairstyle or discovering whether Howard's second imitation (after he already debuted an excellent Kobe one) focuses on Gasol's oft-raised eyebrows or Mike Brown's frequently flashed teeth.

Big picture: These new networks will give Lakers fans a lot more access to that sort of stuff – and even just people talking about that sort of stuff.

There will be far more extensive pregame and postgame shows – especially compared to when the road games were on KCAL/9 – plus nightly Lakers news and features. There will be 24-hour programming with no infomercials. Some Galaxy soccer, Sparks women's basketball, CIF high school action and Mountain West football and basketball ... yet mostly a lot of Lakers, such as an entire reality series covering the recent Laker Girls tryouts or the specific moment of Nash being welcomed by Jeanie Buss in her office.

It's not exactly subtle, but here's the website that Time Warner Cable has set up for anyone seeking to inquire about getting these new networks: iwantmylakers.com.

As if the acquisitions of Howard and Nash weren't enough pressure, Time Warner Cable wants subscribers to prod their local providers to ante up the $3.95 monthly fee per subscriber, according to Sports Business Daily, to carry the two new channels.

Time Warner Cable does have its own bills to pay – specifically to the Lakers in the form of $4 billion over the next 20 years (or $5 billion if the option for five more years is exercised).

"Our commitment to the Lakers and their fans for the next 20 years is to deliver in-depth stories about the organization and its players while televising the games they can't miss," said Mark Shuken, senior vice president and general manager of TWC Sports Regional Networks.

Shuken, who described the company as "thrilled that the Lakers added Dwight Howard and Steve Nash," also referred to the upcoming season as "historic."

And, well, you'll just have to tune in to his networks to find out if that's any sort of overstatement.

Negotiations on "carriage deals" usually go down to the final days, so no one should panic with a month to go. It should be said that Time Warner Cable knows how dicey these negotiations can be from being on the other side, earlier this year costing Knicks fans much of Jeremy Lin's whirlwind emergence in a dispute with MSG and today still holding out as a distributor against NFL Network and missing Padres games all season on Fox Sports San Diego.

But the notion that Lakers games won't be on TV in Southern California is ludicrous.

This isn't 2002, when Cablevision completely underestimated the Yankees' new regional sports network and held out against it. YES Network has turned out to be a fantastic success for a simple reason: People in New York love the Yankees and love watching the Yankees.

Some things are simple and true.

Lakers fans love having Howard and Nash before they even play a game, for example.

And people in Southern California will love watching the Lakers on Time Warner Cable SportsNet, even if this is the first you've heard of the network's real name or you can't help starting to sweat those tricky carriage deals not yet being done.

LINK
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
I have Time Warner so I do not care about this stuff.

Me too but you gotta admit that this is the first time you have probably EVER felt that way!! ??
lakerbob
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject:

Am I correct to assume that if verizon fios doesn't carry the TWC Sports channel that the Lakers games will be blacked out locally on NBA League Pass? Broadband too?
salvosation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject:

Cox cable better get it in gear. Everone please call Cox communications and demand this product. 702-383-4000
John G
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject:

salvosation wrote:
Cox cable better get it in gear. Everone please call Cox communications and demand this product. 702-383-4000
I've emailed and tweeted them, next step is calling them i suppose. Make sure they know you will drop their service if they do not carry the Lakers.
chinaurge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject:

The other providers are going to lose a lot of customers if they don't pick up the channels. I would switch in a heartbeat if I didn't already have TWC. Watching the Lakers is infinitely more important to me than who provides me with my TV and internet.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject:

chinaurge wrote:
The other providers are going to lose a lot of customers if they don't pick up the channels. I would switch in a heartbeat if I didn't already have TWC. Watching the Lakers is infinitely more important to me than who provides me with my TV and internet.

im not willing to miss 1 preseason game due to negotiaations. i have directv and if they dont have that channel 2 weeks before the preseason im switching over to twc.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject:

TWC is gonna be playing hardball on this. They're dealing with their competitors, and they know that if other providers don't carry the station, the blame won't go to TWC for having an unreasonably high asking price in negotiations...people will be mad at the provider that isn't carrying it. Just look at this thread for proof.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this didn't drag out a bit.
Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I am in NorCal so it really does not matter to me ... no cable company will carry it anyways.

I will have to buy the League Pass.
PepsiShine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
The person creating this thread should make a huge list of all of the service providers and their status on the first post.

For example:

Charter - No
Verizon FIOS - No
Comcast - No
Time Warner - Yes (CH. 420)
etc.
etc.
are they seriously making the laker channel 420? lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
projecktecks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Any news on Verizon Fios? I'll probably get The League pass for my phone and stream through my TV. I wont be missing any games with THIS squad.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject:

I live in Cary, NC & have subscribed to league pass for 7 years via Dish Network. I wouldn't be surprised if the Laker games were blacked out on League pass.

We are a 3 hour drive from Charlotte & ALL Bobcat & Hornet games (home and away) are blacked out.

TWC could use a blackout of Laker games to get non-TWC NBA League pass subscribers to switch to TW.
projecktecks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject:

delaluz wrote:
I live in Cary, NC & have subscribed to league pass for 7 years via Dish Network. I wouldn't be surprised if the Laker games were blacked out on League pass.

We are a 3 hour drive from Charlotte & ALL Bobcat & Hornet games (home and away) are blacked out.

TWC could use a blackout of Laker games to get non-TWC NBA League pass subscribers to switch to TW.

How does league pass work? Is it for 1 team or for all NBA teams?
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject:

All games that are not on national TV (TNT ESPN ABC) are on League pass. You subscribe for all the teams not just one.

However, the Bobcat games are not available on League pass in my area, even the away games.

projecktecks wrote:
delaluz wrote:

How does league pass work? Is it for 1 team or for all NBA teams?
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject:

If you don't have a box (we all the cable going straight into the TVs) what channel is the TWSN supposed to be on?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
If you don't have a box (we all the cable going straight into the TVs) what channel is the TWSN supposed to be on?

They don't have any information on exactly what channels it will be on yet.
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject:

salvosation wrote:
Cox cable better get it in gear. Everyone please call Cox communications and demand this product. 702-383-4000

Yes please. This is a crime against humanity to not show the Lakers!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Nothing on Dish yet.

Not going to be surprised if Dish drops the ball on this one.

What I presume will end up happening is that I will end up missing about 3-4 weeks of the new season while the TV Providers haggle over the $3.95/subscriber fee. Only when people are vociferously angry at the provider with threats of cancellation for x number of weeks, will there finally be some resolution.

It won't be long before TWC starts the "I Want My Lakers" (NOW!!) campaign in full blast.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 2 of 143
Jump to: