Staples Center lawsuit over boy's death....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:
We've been thru this a 1000x. It's impossible to track a kid every second.

True. But that probably won't legally excuse the parents. When a child plunges to his death in a case where that would have been prevented with more parental vigilance, the parents have to be considered negligent also.

They will probably not get much due to their contributory/comparitive negligence.
snobrdinrtiste
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I remember when i took my twin toddler daughters to a Lakers game in a suite (I was pretty paranoid of that "area" even before the game. the whole time I was there, i watched over them and barely even caught a glimpse of the game. The whole time I made sure that someone was watching my kids ... whether it was my wife, my cousin, friend, whoever. so the onus is really on the parents... you go to a Lakers game with a toddler... you go there for their enjoyment, not yours... this is a tragic event but really, responsibility for the kids come first from the parents and no one else.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject:

snobrdinrtiste wrote:
I remember when i took my twin toddler daughters to a Lakers game in a suite (I was pretty paranoid of that "area" even before the game. the whole time I was there, i watched over them and barely even caught a glimpse of the game. The whole time I made sure that someone was watching my kids ... whether it was my wife, my cousin, friend, whoever. so the onus is really on the parents... you go to a Lakers game with a toddler... you go there for their enjoyment, not yours... this is a tragic event but really, responsibility for the kids come first from the parents and no one else.

This!

For God's sake, I went with my 11 year old brother and I made sure that he was in front of me at every moment! Every time he jumped up to cheer, I made sure to put my hand near him so I could prevent anything from happening...

Truth of the matter is.. the glass walls in the boxes may or may not be absolutely safe.. but the fact is that they meet safety regulations.. so you have to use your freaking head when it comes to your childs safety... taking a freaking picture and leaving your child to die is a mothereffing travesty and those stupid ass parents should be put in jail!! they shouldnt be filing a lawsuit like blithering idiots!
tashnag_01
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:

Then stay at home if you can't control your kids. How hard could it possibly be to track a two year old?
chipotleattack
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject:

The rails ARE too low throughout Staples Center, but what kind of parent lets their kid go near the railing with a 50 foot drop?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
zurich78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject:

RyderzDelight wrote:
zurich78 wrote:
RyderzDelight wrote:
The parents are effing stupid.. so yes, they did get what they deserved!!

I hope you don't represent the average Laker fan. Do you think you do?

Taking things out of context is an incredible tool for feeble minded people... Im glad you figured out how to do that. Now go and read the whole post again and try to figure out what I was saying.. if its too difficult for you to comprehend, let me know.. I'll break it down for you.. As for representing fans, I dont represent anything but my sole opinion...

Taken out of context? You said the parents got what they deserved.

The only thing they have right now is a dead child..... so .... what else are you suggesting that they got, that they deserved then???
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Posted on this the first time it came up. Was in a suite with TWO, wild 2 year old boys. (Son / Nephew) Not ONCE were they unsupervised... the FIRST time they might even have thought of even getting close to the glass was the LAST time. It would take some climbing for a 2 year old to fall over the edge. Its not like its a foot high, 2 inch thick wall.

They probably sat themselves and the child up on the ledge to take the pics and thus the child thought it was SAFE to be up there... Horrible for the child to go, especially THAT way. But goodness... I am like a hawk with my kids... ANY signs of potential danger and I'm on it. NOTHING is more important than my (or ANYONEs) children's safety and health.
shibby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Horrible about what happened. But if the law is 26" and they're at 42" in most areas, then I don't see it being the fault of the Staples Center.

Plenty of blame should be put on the parents for not keeping their eye on their kid. Shame about what happened, but the little kid has to be able to climb 42" (assuming it's in that area where it is 42") and fall over that.

Parents should have been paying more attention.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject:

Why bring kids that young to a game anyway? You cannot enjoy the game unless you forget about watching them. And of course it looks like this is what occurred.
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:

this reminds me of the lady who sued mcdonalds cause she spilled hot coffee on herself and said there wasnt a caution "hot" sign.. although not as extreme but cmon now your child is two years old, you should be either holding his hand, or holding him literally.. RIP to the little boy.. but is winning this lawsuit going to clear the guilt from your conscience? i know i might be a minority i this but i blame the parents not the darn barrier. look at piers at beaches.. kids can easily slip and fall, if someone was to fall and drown are they going to sue over that? its plain and simple.. the parents were too busy taking a picture so they can put it on facebook later so ppl can comment and like rather then being a good parent.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
composite wrote:

not a 2 year old. You HAVE to keep em in check every (bleep) second.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: