***Official Lakers Summer League Thread - Game 2*** WATCH LIVE ON ESPN3.COM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject:

TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
LALdynasty! wrote:
HisAirness24 wrote:
Quote:
Ebanks, the West Virginia swingman who says he’s mistaken for Rockets guard (and former Lakers) Trevor Ariza about “100 times just today,” is focusing on his shooting, knowing that could be an area he can contribute right away.

“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Ebanks has a much better feel for than the game than Trevor, and looks like he'll have a nice mid-range game. He'll never have Trevor's ability to leap, but he may end up being the more complete player.

Doesn't have Trevor's ability to leap.

Have you watched him play at West Virginia, or you just basing this off a small portion of what you've seen because from my view he has some decent ups!? He doesn't dunk as much as Trevor and isn't as explosive vertically but he's got the same leaping ability.

The vertical explosion becomes more important when you're forced to penetrate in heavy traffic, which is where Trevor really excelled. That's also something you wouldn't see in that youtube video, as he was just dunking on an empty floor.

Ebanks has very good hops, but Trevor is elite in that aspect of his game.

They have the same vert.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Is Coby Karl STILL playing in Summer League
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Ebanks has a much better feel for than the game than Trevor, and looks like he'll have a nice mid-range game. He'll never have Trevor's ability to leap, but he may end up being the more complete player.

Doesn't have Trevor's ability to leap.

Have you watched him play at West Virginia, or you just basing this off a small portion of what you've seen because from my view he has some decent ups!? He doesn't dunk as much as Trevor and isn't as explosive vertically but he's got the same leaping ability.

The vertical explosion becomes more important when you're forced to penetrate in heavy traffic, which is where Trevor really excelled. That's also something you wouldn't see in that youtube video, as he was just dunking on an empty floor.

Ebanks has very good hops, but Trevor is elite in that aspect of his game.

They have the same vert.

Exactly. I'm not sure where Angrypuppy is getting the impression that Ebanks can't leap in traffic, like Ariza.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject:

^They have the same max vert, not standing vert (Ariza's vertical is higher without a running start). Basically what that means is, as Angrypuppy alluded to, Ariza gets up higher with less momentum and gets up faster. It means Ariza is likely to be a better finisher than Ebanks... although the differences are still small.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject:

They are playing weak competition - and in particular I question if Caracter is ready for NBA level defense - his reactions and overall knowledge there seems very weak.

Don't see Caracter being a rotation player this season - but he will have his glimpses. Should make the team if he works hard.

EBanks is more ready it would seem for the NBA. Mitch anticipated that he could be Ron's backup.

I'll be happy if both are given 2 years especially Caracter. That guy definitely has talent, needs time and investment. Teams don't tend to give guys like that 2 years - but IMO he'll need it. If we baby him like we did Andrew - we'll reap the rewards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ctb619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject:

Master)v(ind wrote:
TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
LALdynasty! wrote:
HisAirness24 wrote:
Quote:
Ebanks, the West Virginia swingman who says he’s mistaken for Rockets guard (and former Lakers) Trevor Ariza about “100 times just today,” is focusing on his shooting, knowing that could be an area he can contribute right away.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject:

No one has mention this but because of his long legs the way he pulls his shorts up so high, and the fact that he's a little taller than Ariza, he sort of reminds me of a young Robert Horry too who used to be skinny, and did a lot of slashing back in the day as well as shoot that three.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^They have the same max vert, not standing vert (Ariza's vertical is higher without a running start). Basically what that means is, as Angrypuppy alluded to, Ariza gets up higher with less momentum and gets up faster. It means Ariza is likely to be a better finisher than Ebanks... although the differences are still small.

I don't really see how much standing vert really matters for someone like Ariza or Ebanks. If they're going up for dunks its usually on a fast break or as they are slashing to the basket and they already have momentum. Very rarely will either one be standing a foot or two away from the basket and need to go straight up or off of one step.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject:

^Standing vert is more reflective of how quickly one jumps rather than how high they get... that was the point.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Sun Yue on the Wizards
james smith
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:

It was quite fascinating and really I enjoy a lot. I think I should check some of the summer league match videos as I just watched some bits and pieces of the summer league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: