Home Court Advantage - Laker Nation's role (BE LOUD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of Portland and Utah fans. Granted fanatic cheering hasn't won them a title in a long time, but that's what HCA should stand for.

We're spoiled over here in Europe, some arenas are practically impossible to play in for the opponent (for example the legendary Jazine in Zadar, where the capacity is only for 3000 people, but it was - the arena closed some years ago - a living hell to play there because the fans were rabid and the seats were almost on the court). Tremendous atmosphere:

(extremely bad picture quality, but the sound is all you need to get the feeling)

The third link is typically Balkan (I am from there). They're singing "kill, kill, kill the Serb." It's a team from Croatia playing one from Serbia. Imagine if Staples fans sang "kill, kill, kill the Mormon." There would a huge fine for sure.

Regardless of the racism that fuels a lot of our ex-Yugoslav neighbours (and which of course I don't condone), you have to admit the fans here embody the full meaning of the word - fanatic . I posted the links to show what kind of atmosphere only 1/6 of the Staples crowd is able to create and I have to admit that I didn't pay attention to what they were chanting.

OT: I'm from the Balkans too, by the way.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject:

Man, I miss the forum. I just attended the Clipper Laker game a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely dead. (I know, crap game) I miss the real fans in the rafters, and Jack Nicholson and Diane Cannon were the only "stars" keeping a seat warm.
akademiks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject:

The Staples Center in itself is just awful for basketball..
It really is not designed properly and the sound is lost way up in the 300s.

That being said, f*ck suits!! Our home court is crappy enough as it is in the regular season, and now with the playoffs if we don`t get some noise going and the crowd cheering on the players this team will have a very difficult time holding its home court...
Just flashbacks of that 24 point lead with the crowd getting quiet as hell and suddenly getting loud when Boston came within 5 points; as if their wack ass noise was going to stop Boston`s momentum that already took a crap on the Lakers.

I travel from CANADA to watch a handful of Lakers games nearly every season and the crowd in the lower bowl is just awful.

I don`t think the LIGHTS OUT gimmick helps either...
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jack13 wrote:
Here's an example of what I mean, just watch and see. These are the REAL fans.

There's a different mentality to sports in Europe. They don't have teams that move from city to city if they can't build a new arena. A team is identified with a city. In some cases, where you have competing teams from the same city, you might have a divide in terms of geography, social status, religion, and ethnicity. There's a lot more passion to sports over there. Soccer is even crazier, of course.

Here, even the loudest NBA arena wouldn't even compare to anything that's going on in Europe. It's a different world. Flags, songs, flares, insults! It's a bunch of young men in their 20s and 30s, and many of them with a criminal past. Going to games there is not a family picnic.

I attest to that. On top of it - rivalries between the cities in Europe go far beyond the sports. But when two teams from the rivaling cities meet at the major sport event (soccer, basketball) - you can expect some blood...

There is no way Barcelona fan sits next to Real (madrid) fan in their team colors and exchange their opinions on how the game is going
ROMERO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject:

Every time I go watch a Laker game, I tend to be the loudest in the area. I hate it when I am the only loud one! The last game I went to, versus the Hornets?, where they won in overtime was the best! I was giving fives to people around me, everyone was having a great time! that's how it should be. Although I was seating in the 300's, sometimes I feel like the noise can work its way down to the floor lol. GO LAKERS!!!
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:

There is no way Barcelona fan sits next to Real (madrid) fan in their team colors and exchange their opinions on how the game is going

That's for sure.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:

That's for sure.

They're both thinking, "how do I kill him and get away with it?"

I hate the Celtics, Spurs, Kings, etc. But my hate for Barcelona goes way beyond that. Nothing would bring me more joy than to see Real Madrid win the Champions League again (in soccer). Last time they won it was in 2002. Not even a three-peat by the Lakers would compare to that, and I am a huge Laker fan. But when you are a fan of either Real or Barcelona, it's more than sports. And I am not even a Spaniard, so you can imagine how they feel in Spain about this rivalry.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject:

The problem with the Lakers "fans" at the games is that the tickets are way too (bleep) expensive and there are a lot of random celebrities and other rich people who show up and they don't really give a damn about the game so that is why the Staples Center isn't as loud as some other arenas. A lot of the real crazy die-hard fans can't afford to go to the games.
lalakersfan88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject:

my motto last year was: "BE LOUD and BE PROUD!!!"

i am continuing it again this year!

GO LAKERS!!!

No letdowns, no funk. Take care of business!
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
The problem with the Lakers "fans" at the games is that the tickets are way too (bleep) expensive and there are a lot of random celebrities and other rich people who show up and they don't really give a damn about the game so that is why the Staples Center isn't as loud as some other arenas. A lot of the real crazy die-hard fans can't afford to go to the games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Game 4 of last year's finals could of been a different story if we had a better crowd, imo.
Manu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject:

I feel I have a drastically different opinion of STAPLES than most of you do. I am not under any illustion that we're like the Q, Energy Solutions, or Cow Town back in the day, but STAPLES isn't dead and full of non Laker fans. I go to probably 10 games a year, 4-5 playoff games (when possible) and sit in the 100s or 200s and the fans are great. We chant defense, we high 5 after aweosme plays, boo the refs afterbad calls. I've never had anyone ask me to quiet down, never had anyone give me a weird look for cheering, and overall have had a blast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject:

MadeaGoesToMambaTown wrote:
im going to game 1 but i can assure you the playoff atmosphere in staples will be the same as last year, quiet and awkward... The lakers don't have many hardcore fans watching them, just casual people who have ALOT of money and want to enjoy a game with a friend, not scream out of the top of their lungs. I'll be supporting the lakers all the way, but I wouldnt be suprised to be the only one in my section doing so.

lower bowl tix btw, row 7.

What a crock of S--t.

Staples gets insane for playoffs.
Manu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:

Frankly this is BS. There are no celebrities in the 200s or 300s. They sit in maybe 100-200 seats in the 100s/courtside that are corporate owned. As I said I go to a dozen or so games a year. I never pay above face, get most of them on ticketmaster when they go on sale. Or I look for tickets selling for face on ticketexchange, usually you can find a pair here and there.

The games are accessible at face value and our 300s are 10-35 bucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
MadeaGoesToMambaTown wrote:
im going to game 1 but i can assure you the playoff atmosphere in staples will be the same as last year, quiet and awkward... The lakers don't have many hardcore fans watching them, just casual people who have ALOT of money and want to enjoy a game with a friend, not scream out of the top of their lungs. I'll be supporting the lakers all the way, but I wouldnt be suprised to be the only one in my section doing so.

lower bowl tix btw, row 7.

What a crock of S--t.

Staples gets insane for playoffs.

Preach it, ace. I'm hittin Gm1. Me and msb will be the noise equivalent to 12 Hollywood agents.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I'll be at game 5 and will be bringing it.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject:

The team is supposed to feed off the crowd. At Staples, than fans feed off the team. When things go downhill, it becomes dead silence.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I'll be rockin the PR section!
HisAirness24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Bump for the Rockets-Lakers series!

Whoever's going to any of the games this series....remember to BE LOUD!

Mr. NBA Logo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject:

I'll be there in spirit guys. Damn, I miss home
The Laker Nation's wings stretch far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: