Triangle Offense vs Zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
Why do the Lakers do so POORLY against the ZONE with all of the players they have now that have had years of experience with it?

Not enough ball movement/player movement to exploit the gap, attack it, and get the resulting layup. Settling for 3 pointers.

Yea... but...

One would think that this WOULD NOT HAPPEN on a team with players that have used the system as long as they have now and have a head coach like Phil who I would presume knows the TRI inside out and is such a firm believer in the system and has been using it for as long as he has and then the team actually has Tex Winters on the payroll who has actually "refined the Triangle" and basically knows the "nuts and bolts" of the system having used it going back as far as the 40's....

That's kind of the point of my question... WHY... ... would this happen on a team with all of the TRI background that this team has?....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
Why do the Lakers do so POORLY against the ZONE with all of the players they have now that have had years of experience with it?

Not enough ball movement/player movement to exploit the gap, attack it, and get the resulting layup. Settling for 3 pointers.

Yea... but...

One would think that this WOULD NOT HAPPEN on a team with players that have used the system as long as they have now and have a head coach like Phil who I would presume knows the TRI inside out and is such a firm believer in the system and has been using it for as long as he has and then the team actually has Tex Winters on the payroll who has actually "refined the Triangle" and basically knows the "nuts and bolts" of the system having used it going back as far as the 40's....

That's kind of the point of my question... WHY... ... would this happen on a team with all of the TRI background that this team has?....

This isn't one of the smartest teams in the league.

I only watched the 4th quarter of the Bucks game, and they surprised the Lakers with some 3-2 zone in the last few minutes. The Lakers looked totally confused. They stopped playing. No movement, no quick passes, no penetration into the gaps. Even Kobe, who is a great one on one player, is often intimidated by the zone it seems. They can easily break down the zone by actually executing. In one instance, Vujacic filled the wrong corner of the floor. If he had gone to the right corner, he would have created an overload of the defense, freeing up Gasol for a one on one on the weak-side. They REALLY need to work on it. I blame Phil for that. He knows it will keep coming in the playoffs.
andreapoluzzi
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject:

How about 1-3-1 zone? Any ideas?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: